Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone want a IX MR?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LITE SPD
At the dealer I work at just recieved a Apex Silver MR and a Graphite Gray GSR. kind of funny seeing the Graphite on the GSR. Surprised to see no rear bumper diffuser on the MR, but it still looked good. I love the seats too, they are like velcro! Is it much better than the previous one ?????? Alittle better?????? People will have to mod them and see if Mitsubishi just turned this awesome car into a hard to mod puzzel like the STI. Please don't flame STI lovers (if there are any on this board) I sell those too!

Are you serious? You actually sell EVO's and drive a GTO?

I am absolutely puzzled.

Ok

-Nate
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Any Evo IX MR heading to OHIO????????
Old Oct 7, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

A salesman usually makes 20-25 % of the gross profit. Which means for every $500 profit for the dealer, he/she will get about $100 bucks. So....Tip the salesman $250 to help you get invoice from the managers. $250 + a mini (minimum amount payed to the salesman per sale usually $50-$150) is a good deal. This is a win/win for everybody except the dealership. Tip the salesman to get him on your side!
Old Oct 7, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

we actually got the jdm bumpers.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 08:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You know, it's just not worth arguing. If you really, honestly think that everyone is out to deceive you, you may want to look in the mirror.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
If you can find a better performance machine for the money, then it'd matter.

The general public never thinks they are getting a good deal, no matter WHAT they get for the money, unless they get a discount. I think that's ridiculous. It's called value.

OH WAAAAH. My a s s bleeds for all the stealerships who make you think your getting the best deal of the century. 80% of the sales people are clueless as to what they sell and a greater # of the maintenance force is the same way. Sorry if I dont feel sorry for the stealerships.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 08:42 AM

Mr

Got my vin# for my GG MR from Medina Mitsu. awaitint arrival at the end of this month. So I hve to get up there and get back quickly cause I might have to go help out in New Orleans with security. I am in the Navy reserves Military police and probably be gone for 30-120 days. So new evo will have to sit in garage till I get back.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

....Tip the salesman $250 to help you get invoice from the managers.

this is really good idea...anyone has done this before and got great deal???
Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by M00kiE
invoice = 34,824 (or thereabouts)

dont know why you are being so secretive about it.. its not like we arent going to find out sooner or later.. :\
Why is it because you ask something he has to tell you? If you can find out so be it, but then like someone else says, "it's not the real invoice" anyway, so you're not likely to believe him, and he's not selling them at that price so what's the point?

If you were selling your house for a tidy profit, or a car, or a used couch in a garage sale, do you tell everyone what you paid, or how much you are making off of them? If they called you a greedy, bastard, bloodsucker to your face would you just smile because you are a salesman and its okay for people to call you that?

The point is, this was a thread about some MR IX's coming in, period. Now its a bash salespeople thread, when everyone here is or has been a salesperson sometime in their life and have employed the tactics that they so despise, but its okay as long as its not the other guy "getting over."

Last edited by GPTourer; Oct 8, 2005 at 11:52 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

^ Well said sir.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You guys make it sound like he is trying to get a 'Market value adjustment' to price these above MSRP. He's not. Renner is perfectly entitled to sell these cars for MSRP. Does anyone walk into Walmart and ask "what's your markup on that TV?" or "I know what the sticker says, but what did YOU pay for this soap?". The fact is that as long as the market will sustain it dealership will sell for MSRP (or in some shady places above MSRP). Once they have cars sitting on lots then they will become more negotiable.

If you were selling your car and had 100 people call for it, would you discount it by 10% for the first person who says "I'll take it right now for $XXXXX cash"?
Old Oct 8, 2005, 03:19 PM

Invoice on a new EVO IX is $29,593. There, the secret is out.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/mits....html?action=1
Old Oct 8, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOPL
Invoice on a new EVO IX is $29,593. There, the secret is out.
That's for a straight IX without Destination, not an MR.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 03:29 PM

OK, here is MR for ya, but don't tell anyone.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/mits....html?action=1
Old Oct 8, 2005, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=GPTourer]If you were selling your house for a tidy profit, or a car, or a used couch in a garage sale, do you tell everyone what you paid, or how much you are making off of them? If they called you a greedy, bastard, bloodsucker to your face would you just smile because you are a salesman and its okay for people to call you that?

Except for the fact that something like this would be public knowledge anyways, so you wouldnt have to ask the seller, you could just find out. Either way, I somewhat agree with you, bottom line is, if you dont like the price, dont buy it and good luck finding one for cheaper. I did it when I bought my MR, but it sucked and literally took all day on the phone.