Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

safc II or AEM EMS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2005, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2jzEVO
Tuning technologies have tuned my car since the beginning.
and they told me that they also can tune aem.

i'll do more mod in the future for sure(that why i bought evo).

so... is there anyone that don't know the tuning and have that unit without a big problem?

if there a big problem waiting for me i'll better stay away from it
The biggest problem I see with people when they buy the aem is they think all they do it plug it in start the car and off they go, this is so not the case.

Also the AEM can be quircky (sp) sometimes. There are always wierd issues that people post about.

Also the other problem is people have the system tuned then go in and play with the pretty numbers and graphs thinking they are on F&F and blow **** up then try and blame the tuner.

If you do get the AEM unit make sure you read up a lot on it and all the features it has before you go into the system and play or even look around. All it takes is a few wrong clicks and you will have the biggest headache trying to figure out what you just messed up.

I would suggest a wide band either way you go. I think it is one of the best investments you can have and gives you a pretty dam good idea of what is going on with your car/tune as far as a/f.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 03:00 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Tuning technologies have tuned my car since the beginning.
and they told me that they also can tune aem.

i'll do more mod in the future for sure(that why i bought evo).

so... is there anyone that don't know the tuning and have that unit without a big problem?

if there a big problem waiting for me i'll better stay away from it
They tuned my car with SAFC too. The only problem that I had is I used to have a reflash on my car that caused the timing advance too high when leaning out the fuel using SAFC so I flashed my car back to stock with only fuel-cut removed and rev-limit raised then problem solve.

How TT tuned your car (which ECU)?

Since you don't have a reflash then you should be ok if you decided to use SAFC. My suggestion is use the SAFC for now then when you're ready you can always sell it and go AEM route. You can get used SAFC good deal here so when you sell back you didn't lost too much.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm happy with them, Alfred is very nice and helpful to me.
on the windband that u have. is it just for safety? and tell u what happen in the car?

actuallly do i need that windband thing?
Old Oct 7, 2005, 04:08 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
i'm happy with them, Alfred is very nice and helpful to me.
on the windband that u have. is it just for safety? and tell u what happen in the car?

actuallly do i need that windband thing?
You mean wideband? Yeah! I have Zeitronix wideband which you can get from RRE or Zeitronix.com. I got it including boost and EGT sensors to monitor boost and EGT as well and so my car doesn't look crowded with gauges.