Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it just me or....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Question Is it just me or....

when it rains do all the people that usually feel inclined to mess with seem to go away?

I love it. I wish it rained every day. Lately it seems like everyone has been messing with me. Dumbass SRT-4 owners revving at me almost everytime I pass one. JDM on budget so "ill just put Honda badges on it, rattle can painted wheels, can't afford an exhaust so I'll just take the factory one off RSX's (true story), Mustangs, Camaros none of them seem to want to play when the ground is wet. I wonder why that is?

Old Oct 7, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thnk we have all seen that. I love to even go out of my way to try and goat people on in the wet.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 04:37 PM

the people who normally mess with you do go away, which makes sense because you definitely don't want to be messing around in bad weather... but it also seems like the dumb drivers get dumber
Old Oct 7, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sail0rm00n
the people who normally mess with you do go away, which makes sense because you definitely don't want to be messing around in bad weather... but it also seems like the dumb drivers get dumber
No kidding. Once the road gets wet, it's like people don't know what to do...kind of like deer looking at headlights!
Old Oct 7, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

wooooooooooooa there....I can see where this conversation is going and no.......YOU DO NOT mess around what so ever playing around or thinkings its funny. You want to focus all your attention to driving at ALL times especially when its raining.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

you better focus like your tommy makinen in the championship race when the score is tied and your about to fall off a cliff!
Old Oct 8, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
No No. I'm just saying the instigators don't instigate. I'm not talking about racing. I'm talking about the people that always want to mess with you. You know revving their engines at you and what not. Believe me I don't street race. I just get sick of all these punks that think they are Vin Diesel or John Force and always try to goat you into a race. I like the fact that they just stop messing with you.

As far as driving quickly in the rain goes. I think you guys are overreacting a bit. It's no different than driving quickly when it's dry, as long as you understand the limits of adhesion, are prepared for what maybe coming up down the road and, there isn't traffic around you all the same rules apply. I'm not saying you should do normal speed as you would when it's dry but, there is no reason to slow do to the crawl that half the people around here do.

Just to clarify I'm the one that goes out looking for someone to run whether it's wet, dry, snowing, or whatever. I just like the fact that the people that do, seem to go away when the wheather is bad. So, sorry if there was a misunderstanding there.

Last edited by hotrod2448; Oct 9, 2005 at 06:17 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2005, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Gee, I can't imagine why "nobody" races or "messes around" in the rain.

It doesn't matter if I'm driving my STi or my Camaro, I don't race in the rain, or even try to attempt to instigate a race in the rain. I don't need it on my conscience when the "rain-racing idiot" kills himself, or some innocent person 500 feet up in the right lane when he/she can't stop, and loses control of his/her car.

Even in the dry, I still don't street race. Somebody pulls up next to me with a "blow-off valve check" (ie. SRT4 owner), I simply don't even pay them any attention. They can rev on me until their faces turn blue, and then take off when the light turns green in their little "wheel chirpage" of fury.

It's admittedly sometimes hard to show restraint, but when I wanna have fun, I hit the back roads, but even on the back roads, I don't swing the tail out like Solberg, or drive like I'm on a track. I drive "spirited," but well within the car's/my capabilities.