Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

whos got the injen sri with ic piping?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whos got the injen sri with ic piping?

how do you like it? notice good gains? did you have to get your car tuned after you put it on? does it open up the turbo so you can hear the turbo spool pretty loud?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zectasy
how do you like it? notice good gains? did you have to get your car tuned after you put it on? does it open up the turbo so you can hear the turbo spool pretty loud?
Here's 142 threads that answer your questions:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...archid=1551218

As a former DSM owner, I'm disappointed that you are acting just like our Hondanoob ricers. The running joke here is that every noob buys an Injen intake and HKS SSQV immediately after purchasing their Evo. DSMr's are usually more savvy and well-versed in items that provide great gains at low price, but I guess not always...

Anyway, yes, it makes the turbo spool pretty loud.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

i drive a caddy cts now...my gf is the one lookin for evo....she likes turbos that make cool noises which is understandable...she also likes power but shes not a gearhead like us guys...im just trying to find what will please her the most...after hearing all the bs about the hks ss bov on the evo i personally dont think she needs it...unless we recirc it....looks like im a ricer though...darn.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zectasy
i drive a caddy cts now...my gf is the one lookin for evo....she likes turbos that make cool noises which is understandable...she also likes power but shes not a gearhead like us guys...im just trying to find what will please her the most...after hearing all the bs about the hks ss bov on the evo i personally dont think she needs it...unless we recirc it....looks like im a ricer though...darn.
Doesn't sound like she should be getting an Evo. The mazdaspeed protege has a turbo and can make cool sounds at half the price...
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

na we will stick with the evo.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

The SRT4 also has a turbo and makes loud turbo and BOV noise.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
I have that intake w/ a turbosmart dual port. Didnt have a choice it was on my car when I bought it. From what these guys say I wouldnt make an intake your first mod unless you plan on getting a flash I might switch it out eventually or send in for a flash cause im sure the old guy that had it before me didnt. I had an Integra before my evo It wasnt riced out and my evo wont be neither. Clean baby.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

lol, stop teasing with that guy.

But seriously, if all your GF is looking for is the sound coming out from the car. Tell her to either get the Protege as Warraton mentioned or the Neon SRT-4.

Both of these cars are well below the price of an Evo.

SRT-4 is famous for its sound (aftermarket BOV's), but be aware of their rear windows (not powered by electircity).