Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Allstate Insurance s*#ks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2005 | 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kinetic
Wow, ignorance abound in here.

They dropped your show car cause you didn't have it properly insured, and you are surprised? The risk on show cars is totally different than normal cars, mainly increased theft and VANDALISM. You are lucky they paid you anything at all and didn't simply deny the claim.

For all you people with problems with any insurance company, call your agent! Thats why you pay them money. Don't just sit on your fat *** whining on this forum, call and do something about it! Most agents will go out of their way to help you if something isn't being done properly, and if they aren't, get a new agent immediately! For those of you with companies where you don't actually have an agent, I'm sorry for your loss.

I agree, that show cars might need to be covered more. I asked him if he had a policy for that and he said no. He said the reason he was droping me because it was a show car. My car is a daily driver, and I have shown it only once.....cause it was free. He dropped me becuase I made a claim. that is the real truth. And because the claim was a high dollar...he dropped me. Don't get me wrong. I will admit if mine was a strictly show car, then I need to have higher coverage. but don't BS me. Don't tell me that I have the wrong policy and drop me. and then lie and say you don't have that type of policy to cover a show car.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smokey
I agree, that show cars might need to be covered more. I asked him if he had a policy for that and he said no. He said the reason he was droping me because it was a show car. My car is a daily driver, and I have shown it only once.....cause it was free. He dropped me becuase I made a claim. that is the real truth. And because the claim was a high dollar...he dropped me. Don't get me wrong. I will admit if mine was a strictly show car, then I need to have higher coverage. but don't BS me. Don't tell me that I have the wrong policy and drop me. and then lie and say you don't have that type of policy to cover a show car.
Go read your policy. Do you actually think someone who didn't want to get the crap sued out of themselves would simply make these things up and lie to people? Allstate may have dropped you because of the claim. Every other company out there does the same thing when you hit their threshold. You said the car got shot at didn't you? If you were my insured, I would drop you as well if your car was getting shot at. You my friend are HIGH RISK. And afaik, Allstate does not offer any sort of show car policy. You might want to try Hagerty or some of the other companies that do classic cars and such. Not trying to be harsh here, but people who blame companies for their own mistakes or ignorance get under my skin.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kinetic
Go read your policy. Do you actually think someone who didn't want to get the crap sued out of themselves would simply make these things up and lie to people? Allstate may have dropped you because of the claim. Every other company out there does the same thing when you hit their threshold. You said the car got shot at didn't you? If you were my insured, I would drop you as well if your car was getting shot at. You my friend are HIGH RISK. And afaik, Allstate does not offer any sort of show car policy. You might want to try Hagerty or some of the other companies that do classic cars and such. Not trying to be harsh here, but people who blame companies for their own mistakes or ignorance get under my skin.

Okay. I understand your point. But then here is my point. Why do I pay insurance then??? Is it to insure my car in case of vadalism? or is it to just waste money for false protection. They shot my car to break a window. sounds stupid but they used a pellet gun to break the window from afar. then come back and steal the seats. I don't live in a bad area. My area is actually quite nice. So again....why do I pay insurance......oh yeah...it's because I want my car to be insured in case of theft or vandalism, or any natural disaster. If you are going to drop me cause I made a claim...then f*(k you....I don'w want to be insured by you anyways. (I meant that as an explative towards the insurance company...not you personally)

I blame my insurance for making it a 3 week hassle, and my car has yet to be fixed. I blame them for trying to stiff me. I blame them for not providing me with the info in regards to my policy only to drop me because it wasn't what they covered. Screw you. Tell me what my policy covers and then tell me if you can cover me or not.

I guess I am only at fault since I didn't have a garage.....and cause I have an Evo.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smokey
Okay. I understand your point. But then here is my point. Why do I pay insurance then??? Is it to insure my car in case of vadalism? or is it to just waste money for false protection. They shot my car to break a window. sounds stupid but they used a pellet gun to break the window from afar. then come back and steal the seats. I don't live in a bad area. My area is actually quite nice. So again....why do I pay insurance......oh yeah...it's because I want my car to be insured in case of theft or vandalism, or any natural disaster. If you are going to drop me cause I made a claim...then f*(k you....I don'w want to be insured by you anyways. (I meant that as an explative towards the insurance company...not you personally)

I blame my insurance for making it a 3 week hassle, and my car has yet to be fixed. I blame them for trying to stiff me. I blame them for not providing me with the info in regards to my policy only to drop me because it wasn't what they covered. Screw you. Tell me what my policy covers and then tell me if you can cover me or not.

I guess I am only at fault since I didn't have a garage.....and cause I have an Evo.
My personal opinion on this one is you should politely get in someone's face at the claim office handling this claim. Or call your agent and have them step in and get things back on track. As silly as it is, the people who don't make any noise are the people who don't get much attention.

Insurance is there to protect you against covered losses, as clearly stated in the policy you put your signature on when you first went with your insurance company. Nothing more and nothing less. There are a lot of things people have on their cars, especially people on these boards, that are not covered by their insurance policy. Most notably, aftermarket stereo equipment. If you have a nice system in your car which gets stolen, and you never bothered to purchase extended coverage for it on your insurance policy, you are probably SOL unless your insurance company decides to break the rule for you, which is rare.

Everyone always sees the insurance companies as big bad corporations out to take all their money, but no one ever sees it from the insurance company point of view. If they paid every single claim and never cancelled anyone for anything, the levels of fraud and your premiums would be OUTRAGEOUS. I'm talking unaffordable outrageous. Eventually as a result, all private insurance companies would go out of business, and guess who you would be getting your insurance from? The government. You don't want that. Ask anyone down in the Gulf Coast with flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program how much of a pain in the *** that is, and you'll get 2 hours of raving lunatic in your ear.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

kinetic...here is the fun part. I did get in my agents face.....the sad thing is that he knew nothing and did not go to bat for me. His answers consisted of I don't know and I don't know....and do you want a rental car. He was worthelss. That was probabl my first mistake. The rest of your point makes complete sense. If i had an aftermarket system that I did not insure and it got jacked....then my bad my fault. i won't expect help. These were the frickin stock seats that come with the car. Everything inside the car is stock. The only thing that is not is the exhaust. This is in regards to the wife's evo. So you broke my STOCK window, and stole my STOCK seats, and then I make a claim, and you drop me cause you say I show my car. Well I show my car everyday when I drive it to work and back. I went to one car show. and they drop me because they say I race and show. If I had some fancy show car or tracked it and it got wrecked. I don't expect a handout. I expect my car to be protected against theives and an insurance company to step up to the plate for me if something happens. 13 years of insurance coverage...and one claim...and I get dropped. Screw them. I will find an insurance company that will protect me.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Yo smokey how the hell did they even know you show your car?
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

It aint your fault your car was shot up nor is it your fault you don't have a garage. I definitely sympathize. By the way whoever said that allstate does not have policies for show cars that isn't exactly true. I was able to up the coverage on my evo to $60,000 to cover the added items in the vehicle. The agent didn't really want to do it (high risk) but its old friend of the family so she did anyways. And it definitely costs more as would anything. I would say fight it as well with the claims department usually people that put up a fight get more results. Good luck either way.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evoegg
BTW - if someone hit you ... make sure they dont have ALLSTATE Lol or you will ended up fixing your car next year .......................
hahah... well IMO Farmers is the WORST at paying out claims where their driver was at fault. They gave my mother the run-around with an accident involving injury where another driver hit her when she was stopped at a crosswalk for a pedestrian, threatening her to settle. She ended up getting a lawyer because the phone calls and threats from Farmers would not stop. Then a few years after that my sister was hit and the accident totaled her 2 month old car. The other guy's insurance company was Farmers. This time my folks hired a lawyer right away and that seemed to get the ball rolling a little better, but Farmers still persisted with phone calls and threats trying to get them to settle.

Two people at my work (I work for an insurance company, though I won't say who) are former employees of Farmers and after telling them the story of my mother and sister they said that it doesn't surprise them. Confirming how horrible they are at paying claims.

Anyway, sorry for the thread jack.

But I agree with Allstate sucking @$$!! I have a friend who swore up and down that they had the greatest insurance company and their agent with Allstate gave them such a great deal, this and that, you know the story. Then last year they had to file a claim because an uninsured driver hit them in a parking lot and fled the scene. After that their rates went through the roof. They switched to State Farm shortly after, the insurance company I've had for over 4 years for homeowners and auto, and now they tell me how great they are after I tried to tell them Allstate sucked the big one years ago and they should switch to State Farm! lol

Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
smokey, have you filed a complaint with the Department of Insurance yet?

There's a link to the information at http://www.allstateinsurancesucks.com/ Scroll down to "ATTENTION DOI COMPLAINTS" about half way down in the middle section of the page. Or try this link for state specific information for Colorado: http://www.dora.state.co.us/insurance/ I know it's a pain in the *** to fight it, but it could turn out in your favor in the end if you are getting screwed by your insurance.

Best of luck man.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Any of you out there with agents who seem like retards, I would urge you to switch agents to someone who knows what they are doing and is willing to stand up for you to claims if the situation calls for it.

smokey, you aren't giving us the full story. For one, after 10 years with Allstate, you are considered a high lifetime value customer, meaning you can never be cancelled as long as you pay your bills on time. Thats not common knowledge, so any of you who are questioning that, call your agent and ask them. If they say they don't know, tell them to find out and call you back. Even if you haven't been with Allstate that long, it is highly unlikely they would cancel you after one claim unless that claim fell within 30 days of starting your policy. Usually people who have claims that early are ultra high risk, or fraudulent.

You also have to factor in your driving record. This may be your first claim, but if you have 2 DUI's, 8 speeding tickets, 4 reckless driving charges etc etc etc, more than likely the insurance company is using any excuse it can to cancel you ASAP because you are a ticking time bomb. People with records like that statistically get into major accidents or kill someone, and no insurance company wants anything to do with that. No idea if any of that pertains to you, but if it does that would help give you an explanation.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
i guess it depends on your agent......i've been w/ allstate for 5 years now and have had nothing but great service. plus i only pay $800 a year for full coverage.
^^^Same here, except 20 years of being with Allstate.

Last edited by Good_Enough; Oct 11, 2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

I have a pretty clean record. only a couple of speeding tickets. Other than that never any claims. I should have stated in the 13 years of driving, no claims. I have been with Allstate for 4 years and no claims. But my agent said that doesn't matter. I will just speak with my attorney and let him deal with it. I only asked to be treated fair. I ask to be covered if something happens that is out of my control. Racing is in my control. Vandalism is not. They knew i showed my car becuase of the C/F hood I have. we told that we show our cars sometimes and that we need to get our cars back together. I guess you have to lie to them ro they boot you. Tell them the truth and they drop you. I don't do anything illegal or above my policy. Even if I didn't show my car, they would have found something to drop me on. They were mean and unhelpful, so we were stern back with them. They don't like it when people talk back to them so they drop you.
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Well ... farmers are not for car insurance .. its for your cow =)

Yup heared farmers playing little tricks when they have to pay you something,

Actually insurance companies are fine by me .. I JUST DONT LIKE DMV that is all.
DMV suspended my license because they didnt got my SR-1 form(or RS01 or something I forgot). I mailed them and they never got it.. but no other warnings my license got suspended.. WTF
but funny thing is .. I called them and they asked me some info then said .. Sir your license will be release within 24 hours ... I was like .. WTF again ..

DMV with all confused people lol .....

again, my 2cp
Old Oct 11, 2005 | 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Try Allied. They are a pretty big but not well known carrier with very decent rates, plus they cover mods for nothing extra