Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

disappointed after owning evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A turbocharged AWD go kart with 4 doors. What's it called?
I call it and evolution.
An evolution? Brilliant!
(In the voice of the guiness guys)
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trueno429
i was just on the highway like 20 seconds ago and some 350z was thinking he was cool, so i just pulled in front on him and took off..haha he was probably like wtf a camry??!?!?!
wtf? lol
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Yes the Skyline will be the $hit but at 55k+ (we all know it will be at least this much) it better be the $hit...unless it's not a turbo. Essentially it's alot like the Evo. an expensive AWD (hopefully turbo) g35 coupe, ours is an expensive lancer.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

yeah tell that guy to drive off a cliff again if anything the sti is a step down not really even a step but still down. (maybe I am being partial b/c i own one)
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Love the reading material here. The skyline will cost the price of 2 evo's when it gets here and the sti being a step up.....wow I guess I blew it not once but twice. Two evo's could have had 2 sti's.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 07:04 PM

How about an elise? Not much more coin.

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
In my 10 years of driving ive had over 10 cars, I used to buy one every year, sometimes have 2 at a time. I always tried to get a car that was better than the last. Had a few z-28's, 67 camaro, some mustangs, a cobra, a typhoon, and a TT RX-7, never thought i could get a better car than the RX-7, that was before the evo. Now that I have the EVO (and I'M defenietly keeping it) what's next? I think I may have to buy them the rest of my life, it's the most fun I've ever had in a car. Iv'e driven Vipers, 911's, Z-06's, all nice cars, but I can't afford them. What can give you this much fun for 30K? Nothing!!! I am not dissapointed in the car, just in the fact that nothing else I buy in this price range will ever be this much fun, at least not whats out there now. Look's like im an evo lifer, and that ok with me! I just love this car and I know many are probably in the same boat as me!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

That would be a solid choice. I have liked them since they came out in europe and i know it is a true drivers car. Just would like to be able to carry a pair of golf clubs. But still a very cool car!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe a used 911 Twin Turbo would be a good step up from the Evo...
Old Oct 10, 2005, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lhooq
How about an elise? Not much more coin.
+1 the Elise is a real head turner too
Old Oct 10, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

How about a used Z06. Loads of fun on the track and plenty of power...
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

I have also had a variety of sports cars and while I really like our 05 Evo, there are quite a few other sports cars that I also really like.

In fact, I just got home 20 minutes ago from a 500 mile one day drive up the Northern Ca and Southern Or coasts. I have done this same drive in an E36 M3, Viper GTS, and a modded 95`Z28. I totally enjoyed the Evo, but it isn't really superior to these other cars, just different, with some pluses and some minuses.

I also owned an 01 Z06 that was faster then the Evo, however had few significant problems that annoyed me. I put 40,000 miles on the Corvette before selling it.

I got some great seat time in a friends 02 Porsche 996 and can confidently say that I like the Porsche as much as the Evo, maybe not for the money, but the Porsche is a great driving machine.

Jim
Old Oct 10, 2005, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
In my 10 years of driving ive had over 10 cars, I used to buy one every year, sometimes have 2 at a time. I always tried to get a car that was better than the last. Had a few z-28's, 67 camaro, some mustangs, a cobra, a typhoon, and a TT RX-7, never thought i could get a better car than the RX-7, that was before the evo. Now that I have the EVO (and I'M defenietly keeping it) what's next? I think I may have to buy them the rest of my life, it's the most fun I've ever had in a car. Iv'e driven Vipers, 911's, Z-06's, all nice cars, but I can't afford them. What can give you this much fun for 30K? Nothing!!! I am not dissapointed in the car, just in the fact that nothing else I buy in this price range will ever be this much fun, at least not whats out there now. Look's like im an evo lifer, and that ok with me! I just love this car and I know many are probably in the same boat as me!
I was having so much fun driving the Evo last weekend I yelled, "damn this is a fun car!" You really can't beat it for the price.

I hope the other rally style, turbo 4 cyl. cars make their way to the US. Europe has so much more to choose from it ain't even funny.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drucea
then buy an STI, it'll be a little (or big) step up from the evo, and will stay awd, meaning fun to drive.
the sti is a step down from an evo
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

lol wow, no way. OK i have realized this. OK everyone, the STI is a step down from the Evo. no more on that, i spoke with out thinking and without experience, my bad.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:14 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by drucea
Well if you can buy a new car every year, sell me your evo for cheap next year lol, then buy an STI, it'll be a little (or big) step up from the evo, and will stay awd, meaning fun to drive.
Me too! I hope you are not serious about the "step up" part or you will get beat silly. haha. JK.
I see that you have a lancer so you may need to try the EVO and STi then correct your statement.

Nerver mine! I saw your corrected statement. Sorry.

Last edited by G20; Oct 10, 2005 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: disappointed after owning evo?