Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

disappointed after owning evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disappointed after owning evo?

In my 10 years of driving ive had over 10 cars, I used to buy one every year, sometimes have 2 at a time. I always tried to get a car that was better than the last. Had a few z-28's, 67 camaro, some mustangs, a cobra, a typhoon, and a TT RX-7, never thought i could get a better car than the RX-7, that was before the evo. Now that I have the EVO (and I'M defenietly keeping it) what's next? I think I may have to buy them the rest of my life, it's the most fun I've ever had in a car. Iv'e driven Vipers, 911's, Z-06's, all nice cars, but I can't afford them. What can give you this much fun for 30K? Nothing!!! I am not dissapointed in the car, just in the fact that nothing else I buy in this price range will ever be this much fun, at least not whats out there now. Look's like im an evo lifer, and that ok with me! I just love this car and I know many are probably in the same boat as me!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Well if you can buy a new car every year, sell me your evo for cheap next year lol, then buy an STI, it'll be a little (or big) step up from the evo, and will stay awd, meaning fun to drive.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

i hope your not serious about the step up part...
Old Oct 10, 2005, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

why is that?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

STI is a step down in my book. You get the extra power but you loose the handling and it just feels sluggish to me in the turns. That why I got the evo instead.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

drucea..go drive off a cliff.
i bet i can kill you in my camry..210hp baby!!
i was just on the highway like 20 seconds ago and some 350z was thinking he was cool, so i just pulled in front on him and took off..haha he was probably like wtf a camry??!?!?!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

get.....the 2007 skyline!
Evolved Member

Trueno429, wtf, drive your camry off a cliff. yeah you can kill my lancer, you have a V6. are you kidding, i know the lancer is slow and I'm not saying its fast, your post has not a damn thing to do with this thread.
Anyways, I've not driven either an Evo or STI, I just see that both are AWD but the STI has more power, but I have seen that the Evo is quicker. I prefer the evo over sti still, I was just throwing it out there.
Evolving Member

While i agree the evo is better stock for stock then the 3rd gen RX-7.. That car is over 10 years old now.. Wait for the next wave of japanese super cars.. The Evo is just one of the 1st to come.. I think we are on the verge of a super car war

Im so geeked about it too.. I missed the last one because of my age.. I was too young to by an FD new and had to settle on used ones. (Back then 300ZX, Supra, FD were the top dogs)

Although my FD with suspension and good rubber was def on par with the evo.

I think for the $30K range the evo is the best deal around.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

thats what I am talking about. back in the day 3000GT, ttz, supra, FD. The skyline will be what 60k? Yes the FD was a handling machine but the motor was a ticking time bomb. I fall in love again every time I mod my evo. How many 450+ whp stock block STI's are running around? They are harder to mod and don't handle as well <---not my opinion, FACT!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:05 PM
Account Disabled

Look for an Older M3, like a 1995 Light weight or even a late 80's model. Maybe even a Late model 740IL, such nice cars and their looks will NEVER fade.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

drucea, you havent driven neither the STi or the evo and you're talking? I second you driving off the cliff in your little OZ.

I have gone through my list of top performance cars and I must say nothing yet tops the Evo. Im keeping this for awhileeeee!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:14 PM

Buddy of mine has a '95 M3 and hates it now after riding in my evo. point made i guess.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

thats why I was not talking from experience and again, throwing it out there as an idea, so go f- yourself cause I havent had the chance to drive either car.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
what's next?
... skyline GT-R.

Sure it's not 30k, and actually we have no idea what price it will be. I like the evo, drove one before... it's fast, handles great, but maaaaan skyline is gonna be the next it car. Been a long fan of the skyline for years... now history will hit the US shores soon. Ill make sure nissan has my deposit.

Still, for 30k... the evo is hard to beat.

Quick Reply: disappointed after owning evo?