Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ok im pissed with all these loud exhausts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't suggest the Greddy Ti
Old Nov 4, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

I was thinking of replacing my TBE with the stock exhaust and putting one of this electric cutout package, so i get the best of both worlds. It only costs $200.00 plus installation. I can always switch back to sleeper mode if ever i get pulled over and open it up on the strip at a flick of a switch. Anyone tried this? Comments?
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...ct_detail&p=25
Old Nov 4, 2005, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Just in case some of you missed it, I'll say it again... people's perception of LOUD are very SUBJECTIVE. Just because you think it's not loud, doesn't mean other people won't think it's loud. It's best to hear the exhaust in person before buying it if you're even the least bit unsure. That's the best advice I can offer to someone who's looking to buy a quiet exhaust. The HKS, especially in my area, is loud enough to be a drone on the highway (70+mph) and is loud enough to attract police from miles away - which essentially guarantees a ticket thanks to all the import hate around here. That trade off, IMHO, is just not worth it to me. Be your own judge, and take other people's recommendations with a grain of salt.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

I have an RMR TB and while it is noticeably louder upon start up as it warms up and idles its actually very close to stock. Driving around down, once you hit 3k it starts to get pretty loud. Highway driving it's not bad at all. I was actually thinking about resonating my TB but i dont care anymore. I just raise the volume of my cd player.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 08:22 AM
Account Disabled

because compared to other exhausts out there, HKS is loud. It is a middle of the road sound volume wise. Helix on one of the louder
Old Nov 4, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evobeaner
dc sports downpipe with espelir exhaust and no cat was worth about 30+whp at least.you will get used to the sound plus the torque gains are awesome.
And the ticket you will get if you get pulled over by the police in CA will also be awesome. The police will smell your cat-less car very easily.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Junkboxer
no i will. actually i dont have my evo yet. im just doing some smart planning ahead. i currently own a 04 tiburon v6 and i did plenny of work on it including a dual catback by MUSSA motorsports. great guys but there exhaust is sooo loud. it sounds good from outside but its pissing off my neighbors and the inside of my car vibrates like hell...i hate it. my days of any kind of loud exhausts are over....besides, when i get the evolution, id rather have a loud *** spool with lotsa boost than my exhaust yelling.

Get The CaR First then worry about the exhaust...
Old Nov 4, 2005, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Well I see we got quite a few votes for being quiet, thanks guys.

Bottom line is there are a few ways to make a system quiet. Making it restrictive as hell is the easiest way and that is what many companies do and you can see it when you get a car on the dyno and the power sucks.

The other way to do it is to use good parts that still have great flow and DON'T cost you a ton of power.

Our full 3" turbo back does this. The pricing is the same no matter how you order or our exhaust, which works out great in this situation as it ends up saving you a ton of money.

Order our system with the 3" highflow cat and the Magnaflow muffler option. IF it is too loud then you have no business in an EVO Seriously it is quiet and still flows extemely well. System shipped to your door complete like this would be $825.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

This is what i had on my evo its a magnificant exhaust, isnt to loud and flows awesome......i agree best exhaust out there!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Get a Fujitsubo I will be getting mine hopefully soon. I can careless that it tapers to 2.50 as long as its not obnoxious.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

The Fujitsubo is a great choice for power,quality,and how quiet it is,but spendy,I would recommend the RSR EX-MAG STEALTH EXHAUST it is quiet as hell and the same power gains.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

I think the Greddy Evo2 catback is the best fitting and one of the quietest exhaust out there. It is "stock" quiet with the stock cat and downpipe. It is almost to quiet. It is still over 3" in diameter at 80mm (3.15"). It does have a neck down at the cat connection, but the inside diameter still at the neck down is as large as a 3" catback that does not neck down.

The fit and finish is perfect. In fact you cant install it wrong. The system completely supports itself. Meaning, when you unbolt the stock cat off, the system doesnt fall to the ground, like most other catbacks. Reason is, it reuses all the original hangers of the factory system, alot of other catbacks just use 2. You can find them very cheap (under $500 shipped) if you look hard enough. The Greddy exhaust also comes with a 3 year warranty. That is better than most.

I would be willing to bet that the Greddy Evo2 is as quiet as the Fujitsubo when used with the stock cat and downpipe. It would be hard for it not to, unless the Fujitsubo is quieter than stock. At WOT, the Greddy Evo2 is very pleasing sounding, although not loud, still.

Also, the design of the Evo2 allows it to have a large volume muffler (albeit is round shaped), but the offset tip allows the majority of the muffler to be hidden behind the bumper. You cant really even see the shiny stainless muffler from the rear of the car.

Thats my $.02.

Brian
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Buschur with the magnaflow, and it is really not any louder than stock unless you are on it. I am not even running a cat, and most people don't even know that I have 3" exhaust. I was worried about it being too loud when I bought it, and now I wish it was a little louder. Anyway, I love the exhaust, and the power gains are awesome, even without a tune. My ecu+ is arriving today, so I will probably start learning how to tune my car this week.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Our 3"TB w/HF Cat an Magnaflow muffler is super queit, but it's subjective. We also have options of adding additional resonators.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

fujitsubo hands down
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Our 3"TB w/HF Cat an Magnaflow muffler is super queit, but it's subjective. We also have options of adding additional resonators.
I have the RNR catback with 2 resonators. It was NOTICEABLY quieter than a Greddy Ti with test pipe. In a parking garage at idle you couldn't even hear my car next to his. However, the resonators aren't light and will add a decent amount of weight to the exhaust. The RNR with HKS carbon/ti muffler has a nice sound to it. There was an initial drone, but it seems to have gone away now. I like it. You could also add resonators to an exhaust you already have too.

Quick Reply: ok im pissed with all these loud exhausts