Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ok im pissed with all these loud exhausts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fujitsubo Legalis R

Originally Posted by Mr. Stock
AFIK, the Fujitsubo RMO1A does not neck down to 2" at the resonator. It's a one-piece cat-back so I'd like to know how these "shops" know it necks down to 2"? Did they cut it open? At $700 a pop, I think not. You can see the first resonator from the engine side of the exhaust and I don't remember thinking "crap" it necks down to 2"! They advertise it as a full 3" straight through exhaust (or metric thereabouts). I went from an HKS Hi-Power (used for a week) to the Fujitsubo. One would definitely know the exhaust has been modified with the HKS due to the angle and the noise. It's pretty darn quiet, but it doesn't pass the "wife test" like the Fujitsubo does. I seriously doubt the Buscher exhaust is anywhere near stock sounding. Noise can be cancelled out several different ways and frequencies can be tuned. Ways of doing this include number of mufflers and/or resonators, distance between resonators/mufflers, tubing wall thickness, material, core perforation shape, core material, etc...as David said, a powerful exhaust that's quiet can be made but it takes lots of R&D. I just swapped in a resonated test pipe with the RM01A and it's damn quiet for a full turbo back exhaust. Yep, louder than stock, but not as loud as the HKS cat-back by itself with the stock cat and downpipe. No kidding. Ok, all things being equal, maybe the HKS makes 5 more hp. Think you're going to notice? I don't think so.
Can it fit on 06 MR?
Old Dec 29, 2005, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, the Fujitsubo RM-01A fits the 06 MR; we have this one in stock along with the Legalis R. Thank you.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well...

i just ordered 3'' megan down pipe, ultimate racing test pipe and jegs cut out..ill let ya guys know how much louder than stock it is closed in a few days once i get everything put on the car. i dont think its gonna be much louder
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

So the Greddy Evo 2 does taper down a bit. Anyone have pictures of the taper down and possibly inside the resonator if it can be seen? I am almost set on the Greddy Evo 2 cat back for now, worth it or should I go with another brand?
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

it tapers down a bit.. i have the helix cat back and looking to get the evo2, it sounds quiet but it looks far from stock...