Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by propellerhead
Between a ding in the sheetmetal and the repaint that will be necessary on the mirror, $500 minimum.

Thank you for reinforcing my dislike for the entire NYC metro area. The number of crass and self-centered people up there make the metro DC area look like an amateur league.
Hahaha how true.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the sympathy everyone.. i was just going through my cell phone pictures, and here was one i took of his parking....

Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Thats like 2.5 feet of door clearing distance. What a douch. Was he a fat b**tard character? You have to try to hit your car at that distance. Oh I would have kicked the crap out of him.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Ok first, make sure this guy has a insurance if he DONT HAVE ONE good ... you can either ask him for like $1400 for your damange including a full body paint + 7 days rental (get a SL500 or S55) ........

or

get a lawyer because this kinda people deserved to be punished.

he might have a hard day but he hit your door twice just to show the police how he did it at the first time??? if I was there, I will smash his face and incase police didnt catch it ..... i will smash him twice =)

This guy is lucky coz you are kinda nice to him already ........ so if he is trying to play tricks on you. dont leave him no mercy.

my 2cp
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Thats like 2.5 feet of door clearing distance. What a douch. Was he a fat b**tard character? You have to try to hit your car at that distance. Oh I would have kicked the crap out of him.
no he was skinny. he looked like he was in his 50's...
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf? that's a huge door clearance. an elephant could get out without hitting.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Ah that makes it worse, no respect for other people property - that sucks. I would have ripped off one of his arms and beat his car doors in with it. (Sorry bad day at work...lets put it this way, I wont be in NJ much longer)
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

if he was that much of a *****!! especially trying to run away!!! i WOULD ****ING KICK HIS *** TO DEATH..i would get the cops and then go back to ther train station the next day to see if he was there again and **** HIS *** UP!!!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

I find that this trainstation in particular... every morning and evening, everyone is such a po'ed driver around there. Back in march my camry was hit in that parking lot as well. Luckily i was still sitting in the car waiting on the train, and right before i got out this lady came zooming into the spot next to me and scraped my front bumper lol i still have the pictures... i'm starting to think i'm a freaking accident magnet..

Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, not to laugh at your misfortune, but damn - twice at the same place. Note to self: Do not park at a trainstation.

And I am a firm believer that people out here suck at driving (that excludes most Evo drivers, well most). Every morning I get cut off, flicked off, almost rear ended...etc...or combinations. Like the other day - women stops on the on-ramp to 287. WTF - right on the middle of the on-ramp, on a blind turn - damn right I was going 40mph, good thing I have good brakes. But ya people suck.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i didn't even mention 2 weekends ago, i was heading to the city and i almost hit the side of this car. This lady had her blinkers on and turning left, so i was passing her when she sudden pulls back to the right and into the spot on the right. I slammed on the brakes stalling my car... that lady was really old... so i didn't say much to her... but damn.. it was the same trainstation parking lot..

Hey does anyone know if mitsu dealers even fix door dents? i've just called 3 and none of them fix it on site. Only the one where i bought it from said they'd have to take my car for a day and ship it to some body shop and they'll give me an estimate in a day's time... I'm suspicious that they'll take my care on a joy ride..
Old Oct 12, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by propellerhead
Between a ding in the sheetmetal and the repaint that will be necessary on the mirror, $500 minimum.

Thank you for reinforcing my dislike for the entire NYC metro area. The number of crass and self-centered people up there make the metro DC area look like an amateur league.

It seems people who live in the NE tend to be busy all the time just to be busy. Everybody is in a rush to do something, go somewhere, etc., it all seems pointless, but I am not moving out of NJ anytime soon.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

I wont give my keys to any dealer for a day. Ask them where they would take it to, and go there yourself. I dont let my car out of sight when I am in the dealer. And a day for an estimate, nah, the body shop can look at and in 15 mins give you some prices.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah i just took my car to ABC Auto Body, don't know if you know where that is Smike... but anyway they gave me a written estimate of $570.22 Youch... i better not have to pay a single cent. I'm going to call that guy up later since i still have his cell phone number, and ask if he wants to pay up or go to insurance. I don't want my rates to go any higher if it isn't necessary.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
It seems people who live in the NE tend to be busy all the time just to be busy. Everybody is in a rush to do something, go somewhere, etc., it all seems pointless, but I am not moving out of NJ anytime soon.
+1, and I go to NYC often for business, I stay down in the financial district, so don't flame, saying I'm only a tourist...etc.

but people need to chill in that city, in a rush, to do something you otherwise wouldn't want to do if you had the choice...life is too short for this type of crap..lol

Quick Reply: Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...