Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to work for an insurance company and my suggestion, don't go through your insurance, file the claim under his insurance. I don't know how many people know this but yes, YOU can file a claim on HIS insurance. That way you avoid your insurance altogether. Claims on your insurance policy, even if nothing was paid out, do effect your rates (given enough instances). so file the claim through HIS insurance.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

i would be pissed
kill him!!!!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

haha but if you go back up towards chinatown, i'll guarantee you'll see a ton of austin powers there. By that i mean they force their way into a spot when they parallel park. They'll hit the car in front of them and push them foward a bit then reverse and hit the car behind them and slowly they'll nudge their way in. It's pretty funny watching them do it. They don't care! that's why i never dare to park my car there. Of course i'm not just referring to chinese people, i've seen everyone else do it there. It's like a common thing. Now when i drive through there with the camry i see all these cars with rubber bumpers stuck onto their front and back bumpers. It's kind of amazing how they do it in plain public site and no one else cares about it.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zze86
I used to work for an insurance company and my suggestion, don't go through your insurance, file the claim under his insurance. I don't know how many people know this but yes, YOU can file a claim on HIS insurance. That way you avoid your insurance altogether. Claims on your insurance policy, even if nothing was paid out, do effect your rates (given enough instances). so file the claim through HIS insurance.
O really... Thanks!! I just started buying insurance on my own, i used to pay my dad for the insurance and he would take care of it haha. I didn't know about that, I guess i'll call him, if he doesn't want to settle for $570 then i'll wait for the police report to get back to me (5-10 business days) and then call his insurance for claim. Thanks a bunch zze56!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

no prob
Old Oct 12, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ya +1 on going to his insurance. Thats the way to go. (and wow 570, ew that hurts)
Old Oct 12, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Well i called the guy and see if he wanted to settle it, and he goes how about u go to my mechanic. It's his friend. I was like UMM NOOO This is my new car and i trust only MY mechanic and this is the estimate he gave me. He said i'm out of my mind and crazy, and told me to go through insurance. OH well guess i have no other choice. Going to wait for the police to give me the report so i can go through insurance.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

u know there are paintless dent removal have you checked into that ?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Are those the suction cup things that pop dents out? Regardless i want this fixed back to no dent, and with paint on my car.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 07:46 PM

My mother in-law (outlaw) put a 2" scratch in my bumper 3 days after I bought the car and said " Its a car, it's going to get scratches" I was so pissed I packed up my kids and left their house on the spot!

She never appologized, nothing ....I had it fixed or touched up..

I feel your hate man

Craig
Old Oct 13, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

dang... what retarded people there are in the world....

I hope the fill in they do doesn't crack in a year... and I hope the paint they put on won't be a completely dark black color... I like the Tarmac black with a little shiney blue peices in it..
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

perhaps you can get an estimate from those Paintless Dent Repair places and have him or insurance pay for it..
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
The body shop should be able to get the exact color code for Tarmac Black. TB is a composite black, it has metal flakes of different colors in it. But they should be able to match that 100%.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

nah paint less dent removal is done with special metal rods that work the dent out from behind the panel ive seen some good size dents come out unnoticed....im not sure if it went through your paint or not its possible it could then be wet sanded and buffed out. IF you still need paint work id still recommend the paint less dent removal b/ there will be less overall bondo used on the door itself. Most bodyshops have a person that do the dent removal just ask about it
Old Oct 13, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

why get paintless dent removal? just leave the paint scratched? or paint after the paintless dent removal?

Quick Reply: Just my crummy luck... Need advice on next step...