Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution MR Xmod.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolution MR Xmod.

I have followed these Xmods since they came out a while back, I never got too deep into them though. I bought my first Xmod and it was a 2004 Subaru WRX/STi, they only came in blue with gold BBS wheels, the same ones on the real stock STi. I am not too much of a fan of the gold wheels so I took a black sharpie to em' and went over them three times or so, they looked sweet. Well a buddy of mine borrowed the car for a while and I found out he let it sit in his back window, well the car melted a little bit, nothing drastic but the battery housing inside warped a little so now if the car even hits anything the batteries will dislodge slightly and it won't function... the body near the hood warped a little bit too. Oh well life goes on.

The new Xmods came out recently, I know people can get hardcore into these but I just wanted to see if they had an EVO Xmod and indeed they did but not just the body, you had to buy the new kit. Well I went out and bought one, it is a dark grey Evolution MR with gold wheels, don't ask why but that is how they come. I was excited because they look so real now, the engine and internal parts themselves are no longer exposed, everything was cleaned up with the new ones, they even sound different and definately handle better. I have a huge hardwood kitchen floor so it can be fun. I took the black BBS wheels off my STi and put them onto the MR and now it looks almost identical to an MR FQ-400, sweet little toy. I thought I'd share. I will try and post pics soon.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Up until that last part, i thought you were talking about a real car. You're talking about a toy correct? And i asume it's not gas powerd since you're using it indoors right? Don't ask me where i'm going with this. I grew out of toys a while ago.

"I love lamp"

Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You gotta be kidding me. I thought this was some new car, too. You're talking about toys? Unbelievable...
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

I'm picturing a grown man pushing a toy car around his kitchen floor...It's not pretty.

Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by F0rcedFed
I will try and post pics soon.
please. pelase don't
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
i got the evo kit about 3 weeks ago and then the steering went bad, so i took it back and got the ford f150 truck. make sure you get ball bearing upgrade.