Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO 8 VS EVO 9 dyno charts from Buschur Racing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
EVO 8 VS EVO 9 dyno charts from Buschur Racing

Here you go guys.

This is a 2005 EVO8 VS a 2006 EVO9 chart. Virtually the same. I don't see any gains in power or anything magical about the 9's.

The power from what I see is basically the same, which is slightly disapointing.

It's good for those of us that already own EVO 8's as we don't have to drop what we have right away and rush out for a new model.

We have dyno'd TWO new EVO9's and the power was the same on both, so this one particular car isn't just weak.

Thanks for reading,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Stuff!
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

which lines are the VIII and which are the IX?
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zze86
which lines are the VIII and which are the IX?
The 9 appears to 10/13 dyno run It Shows a little more low end torque than 8.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Why are those numbers sooooo low? Is that dyno calibrated right? 210, 208 even on a mustang dyno those seem low? But still another baseline for the 8 vs. 9 guys.

Last edited by evoviiiyou; Oct 13, 2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

lol, yeah, maybe I should've looked at it a bit more
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Buschur Racing Mustang Dyno shows the lowest DYNO #'s. If you would of Dyno the same cars over a DynoJet Dyno your numbers will be like 230-240's whp. I know several people at the DSM shootout this year ,they had dyno their evos on different dynos with higher whp results and whey they dyno at Buschur Racing they got lower numbers, anywhere from 50-100whp loss on the Buschur Racing Mustang Dyno. Your numbers will not be the same unless u dyno at the same dyno place.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like the 8 holds the power longer, to higher rpms. Or is this not the case? I'm no dyno chart expert.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The base numbers are in light blue and red, those are the EVO8.

Why are my numbers so low? Well, this is a real dyno to be honest. It isn't just a set of rollers that spin around and put miles on your car The software I am sure uses different calibrations and gives different numbers. My MD dyno has also NOT been manipulated in anyway to spit out higher numbers, many MD owners change some parameters to make the power higher and match dynojets more closely. I left the dyno set up and calibrated exactly as it was delivered.

Some dyno's will spit out 600 whp figures and then the cars can't break 130 mph trap speeds. Something is wrong there, biggest factor in my opinion after owning a dynojet for many years is the tune is off, so what you are getting for a tune on an inertia dyno isn't the
same thing the car needs to run correctly on the track.

Our black EVO on our dyno has only made in the 525 range for whp. The car has however ran 10.12 at 141 mph. Our red EVO which is full weight minus the front bumper beam and we have swapped in a 15 gallon fuel cell, which we run full, has run a best of 10.94 at 135 mph, this was on the stock Advan tires. This red EVO has also put down only about 530 whp on our dyno.

For further perspective an EVO making only 300 whp on our dyno with a good driver will run in the 11.7 second range.

My personal RS has made only 330 whp on our dyno and run a best ET of 11.30 and best mph of 124 mph.

The numbers when baselining for improvements on parts are really not critical. Start with 200 or start with 300, when you gain you gain. Having numbers that are just rediculously high and a car that is slow is just..........embarrassing. This is the case with many.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Why are my numbers so low? Well, this is a real dyno to be honest. It isn't just a set of rollers that spin around and put miles on your car The software I am sure uses different calibrations and gives different numbers. My MD dyno has also NOT been manipulated in anyway to spit out higher numbers, many MD owners change some parameters to make the power higher and match dynojets more closely. I left the dyno set up and calibrated exactly as it was delivered.

Some dyno's will spit out 600 whp figures and then the cars can't break 130 mph trap speeds. Something is wrong there, biggest factor in my opinion after owning a dynojet for many years is the tune is off, so what you are getting for a tune on an inertia dyno isn't the

Our black EVO on our dyno has only made in the 525 range for whp. The car has however ran 10.12 at 141 mph. Our red EVO which is full weight minus the front bumper beam and we have swapped in a 15 gallon fuel cell, which we run full, has run a best of 10.94 at 135 mph, this was on the stock Advan tires. This red EVO has also put down only about 530 whp on our dyno.

For further perspective an EVO making only 300 whp on our dyno with a good driver will run in the 11.7 second range.

My personal RS has made only 330 whp on our dyno and run a best ET of 11.30 and best mph of 124 mph.

The numbers when baselining for improvements on parts are really not critical. Start with 200 or start with 300, when you gain you gain. Having numbers that are just rediculously high and a car that is slow is just..........embarrassing. This is the case with many.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Very well said. I get so sick of seeing these crazy numbers that some people's dyno's throw out. I was reading a thread yesterday and someone had baselined a stock 9 and the numbers said 260whp. I'm thinking yeah right. However like you said it's just a number and is only meant to be used to show improvements from there.

That said it is a little dissapointing seing no real improvement power wise from the 8 to the 9. I would figure the Mivec and the revised turbo would help it out more than it has.
Evolved Member

bhaha, wow. HUGE difference over the Switzer dyno numbers... Very strange.
Evolving Member

Having numbers that are just rediculously high and a car that is slow is just..........embarrassing. This is the case with many.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
There is not a more truthful statement on this site.

Of course the people who make your statement ring true are either in denial, or are embarrassed. "yeah...so what if I ran a 12.4....My dyno sheet says 400whp!"

-Gabe
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
I've been preaching this ever since i got my car dynoed on a MD in my area...same thing, stock Evos were putting down 213whp 210ftlbs and my car was putting down 270 whp and people like wow thats not that much....finally a real tuner has joined the "Real Dyno #'s world" well said David
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Thank god for this thread.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the education! I guess the premier tuner shops ie: Lingenfelter(vettes), Hennessey(Vipers), and Evolution Motorsports(Porches) etc are doing it wrong. Also a 01 911 Turbo is making 415HP at the flywheel from Porche and are only trapping 115-117mph, these cars dyno on a Dynojet 355-365awhp and this seems more reasonable, because this is the standard not the exception. Also EvoDave made 558 or so on the Dynojet and is running in the 130 range...I guess you like what you like and feel the way you do because you believe it is the best and that is good, but not every one agrees with you. Lastly, 330 awhp on your dyno and you trap 124mph, most people who have C6 Corvettes, and 03-04 Cobras make 390-400flywheel, and 330-350 on the dynojets and are not running any where near your 124mph? So your numbers are low and you can tune off of them that should be the point, not bashing the standard in the industry, Dynojet, not Dynojunk(how you reffered to it).

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Last edited by evoviiiyou; Oct 13, 2005 at 10:45 AM.

Quick Reply: EVO 8 VS EVO 9 dyno charts from Buschur Racing