Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

critique my mod list

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"-i wouldnt like to get a custome tune becuase dynoflash says they can guarantee more whp with a custom tune than a mail-in."?????

Don't you mean they can guarantee more whp w/mail in?

Sorry, but your mod list IS bad. Keep reading threads here.

Get a Buschur or AMS TBE, 264 or 272 cams, Hallman MBC, Walbro 255 and a Flash and forget all that other stuff. This combo will make your car very fast. If you're worried about oil, idle and exhaust noise you shoudn't get an EVO, period.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're worried about how loud your exhaust is you should keep the stock exhaust on it My car was ungodly quiet with the stock exhaust.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lbcevo
"-i wouldnt like to get a custome tune becuase dynoflash says they can guarantee more whp with a custom tune than a mail-in."?????

Don't you mean they can guarantee more whp w/mail in?

Sorry, but your mod list IS bad. Keep reading threads here.

Get a Buschur or AMS TBE, 264 or 272 cams, Hallman MBC, Walbro 255 and a Flash and forget all that other stuff. This combo will make your car very fast. If you're worried about oil, idle and exhaust noise you shoudn't get an EVO, period.
Huh, no, he said what he meant. Guaranteed more whp with a CUSTOM flash. Why would a basic mail-in flash give more?

His mod list is not bad. It's got a combination of good, bad, and useless, but it's not all-around bad. He has picked mods that suite his specific needs. The only problem is that his list of mods will cost a LOT of money, but he will see VERY little gain. That is my only issue with it.

Btw, does anyone know what a Perrin boost tube is? Wtf is that? I don't care enough to look it up, but it sounds hilarious.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess im getin all these safe mods because of the horror stories with my current car. my tiburon like stalls out when im sitting at a light. i cant turrn on the air conditioner w/o it stalling out either. its loud and everything vibrates. such an unhealthy and ****ty car. i guess my experiences with this are just making me super paranoid. im gunna read up on cams cause thats pretty much the only mod i didnt look into. i mena i wouldnt say my list is bad but i can see where your coming from. to me its a very basic and extemely safe mod list. what im mostly scared about is rought, and i mean rough, idleing to the point where i will sit at a traffic light and my rpms just drop to zero and my cars off. i cant take that crap.

and u would be suprised. all my mods for my tib are top notch and used by many.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:12 AM

wow i def dont think cams are for me. i just watched a bunch of videos of evos with cams and i feel so bad for the car lol. they all sound like they are trying so hard to stay alive. sounds like absolute garbage. i know ill be bashed for this and be called and idiot prob but i think every1s definitions of a nice sounding car is different. i like a nice smooth , not to loud exhaust, with the nice sounds of a VTA BOV to top it off. and when the car is at idle...its nice smooth and doesnt make weird *** sounds lol.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
venting to atmosphere is going to make your car stumble and stall more then cams will. Consider that.

I have 272/272 cams, I can run the AC all day long, idle for ever and the car rarely stumbles and never stalls.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
venting to atmosphere is going to make your car stumble and stall more then cams will. Consider that.

I have 272/272 cams, I can run the AC all day long, idle for ever and the car rarely stumbles and never stalls.
well im just saying i love the sound of a VTA but i would never get a true vta like hks offers or sumthin cause ive heard all the horror stories on here. i chose APS cause it recirculates.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Junkboxer
well im just saying i love the sound of a VTA but i would never get a true vta like hks offers or sumthin cause ive heard all the horror stories on here. i chose APS cause it recirculates.
Do you also not mind spending exorbitant amounts of money for no additional gain? If so, then carry on. If not, well, you should reconsider your mods. I think that POS Tiburon has scared you too much like you said. You're paranoid to do things that thousands of Evo owners do without hesitation just because of your piece of crap Hyunda (not an insult to you, just the company) that looked faster than it was.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Do you also not mind spending exorbitant amounts of money for no additional gain? If so, then carry on. If not, well, you should reconsider your mods. I think that POS Tiburon has scared you too much like you said. You're paranoid to do things that thousands of Evo owners do without hesitation just because of your piece of crap Hyunda (not an insult to you, just the company) that looked faster than it was.
ye u know what im sayin then. im just freaked out. although i wouldnt say the tib was a POS. they have come a long way. but i guess once you start modding them they just arent ready yet. if it was stock it would be fine, but then agian its such a slow car. anyway, i still have a long way before this happens so im sure my list will change as i gain more knowledge. one things for sure though, i wanna keep my car quiet. i know the fujitsubo cat-back is really close to stock sound but how will it be once i put a DP on it? is it worth it for the power gains?
Old Oct 15, 2005, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Get a full TBE with HFC, they are not loud at idle, and sound nice when you punch it. it will give alot more then just the cat-back.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RazoEvo
Get a full TBE with HFC, they are not loud at idle, and sound nice when you punch it. it will give alot more then just the cat-back.
+1

I have a FULL exhaust (turbo outlet/downpipe/hfc/catback)

I have neighbors that complain ALL the time about my friends, but NEVER about MY exhaust.