Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Z1 Auto needs to be more efficient...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2005, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and again you refuse to see my point. i am not trying to be mean or jump on anybody. i said it and i will say it again, i am not upset in any way that they guy posted his experience. as a matter of fact i normally encourage people to post about their experience but i do wish that people would giev the other party a chance before they post. In my own opinion, a 3 work day week is not alot of time and it is not fair to judge somebody over this. and as you can see, this thread is still open and visible which means that i am letting him vent. honestly, i wish that people would understand the fact that i can still have opinions even if i am a mod. i am also a member and i would like to say what i feel or think every once in awhile without people telling me that i am a mod so i shouldn't comment. yes Adam is a friend of mine in the same way that alot of other vendors are and the reason we became friends is because i was a customer. i buy alot of things from many vendors and i treat most of them like friends. there are alot of vendors that i don't like and even said it in the past on this board so i have no problem with venting or sharing experiences. if you reread my post, you would see that i wasn't mad at the guy or called him any names. i was simply saying that i am upset over these kind of posts because i see them everyday. you know what happens with these posts? the guy than talks to the vendor and sends me a pm saying that it was a misunderstanding and that i should trash the post. last thing, i spent a good portion of my day helping members solve problems with vendors. from my experience, most of the times all you need is a bit of communication and people tend to be more open if stuff was not posted for all to see. i can tell you this, if this thread was made after 2-3 weeks, i would be the first person to try to help this guy get his stuff or find a solution.

again, just my opinion as a member of this forum
Old Oct 15, 2005, 01:46 PM

look i was trying to put anyone out and i'v never ordered anything from z1 although i was looking at some wheels on their site the other day and was thinking about it i havent done so yet, all i was getting at is the guy said he called a few times when i said 5 times(i didnt go back to count how many times he actually said he called)but the point is i didnt see this thread to be so pointless meaningless, i mean people need to know this kind of stuff, and if there is some legit reason why the product wasnt shipped then let it be known. This is what forums are for(disscussing) or am i wrong?BUt i wasnt trying to be an a** i was just using the forums.

cass
Old Oct 15, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cass1115
look i was trying to put anyone out and i'v never ordered anything from z1 although i was looking at some wheels on their site the other day and was thinking about it i havent done so yet, all i was getting at is the guy said he called a few times when i said 5 times(i didnt go back to count how many times he actually said he called)but the point is i didnt see this thread to be so pointless meaningless, i mean people need to know this kind of stuff, and if there is some legit reason why the product wasnt shipped then let it be known. This is what forums are for(disscussing) or am i wrong?BUt i wasnt trying to be an a** i was just using the forums.

cass
no one so this thread as pointless or meaningless, some of us just thought that it was a bit rushed. we are talking about a week that is filled with holidays and the fact that the order was placed so close to the weekend. this just doesn't leave alot of time for the vendor to react and fix things before everything is already on the internet. nobody thinks that you were trying to be an a#$ or anything like that. i just hope that this thread will be a bit different from the rest in the way that the guy who started this thread will come in and tell us how it ended. most times, the guy who started this thread will forget about it and than when you run a search, all you would see is a guy that got "screwed" without any resolution.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
no one so this thread as pointless or meaningless, some of us just thought that it was a bit rushed. we are talking about a week that is filled with holidays and the fact that the order was placed so close to the weekend. this just doesn't leave alot of time for the vendor to react and fix things before everything is already on the internet. nobody thinks that you were trying to be an a#$ or anything like that. i just hope that this thread will be a bit different from the rest in the way that the guy who started this thread will come in and tell us how it ended. most times, the guy who started this thread will forget about it and than when you run a search, all you would see is a guy that got "screwed" without any resolution.
again. Word.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blonde
This is exactly what is going to happen. The guy who started the "pissed off thread" will never come back and say how the situation was resolve promptly. Our goal as a vendor is to sure all the customers is taken care of and tries out best provide the excellent customer service. I personally have stayed up till 2-3am answering pms and replying to threads/emails. Before you post a negative comment about any vendors on the internet, please keep in mind that we spend a lot of time and energy to build up a good reputation but it will only take so little to ruin it.

What most customers don’t get is we are not a distributor or manufacture. All resellers are under the mercy of their suppliers. We are here to act as a middleman and our duty is to promote and get the parts to the consumer ASAP. I understand the frustration when a part that you have ordered wasn't delivered on time but please also note that we are all trying our best to satisfy everyone on the forums.

Tom
Old Oct 15, 2005, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled

well, no worries..I'll reply how it turns out, if the customer does not...sound good?

Mind you, the customer was not rude or disrectful on the phone to me when I talked to him yesterday...so please don't interpret it that way. As of right now, I am operating on the basis that the item has in fact shipped, and as soon as I can get my hands on the tracking #, I'll forward it to the customer. I've left a voicemail for Ultimate, as well as an email request as of today, and also emailed and PM'd the customer with the latest details

Now, everyone...Saturday night, it FINALLY stopped raining here on the east coast....time for some
Old Oct 15, 2005, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
well, no worries..I'll reply how it turns out, if the customer does not...sound good?

Mind you, the customer was not rude or disrectful on the phone to me when I talked to him yesterday...so please don't interpret it that way. As of right now, I am operating on the basis that the item has in fact shipped, and as soon as I can get my hands on the tracking #, I'll forward it to the customer. I've left a voicemail for Ultimate, as well as an email request as of today, and also emailed and PM'd the customer with the latest details

Now, everyone...Saturday night, it FINALLY stopped raining here on the east coast....time for some
LOL Adam....it was rainning here on the west coast last night. The weather has been crazy....but tonight!!!

Tom
Old Oct 15, 2005, 02:19 PM
Account Disabled

absolutely Tom...they are on me

I swear it rained for 8 days straight here......I was contemplating adding canoes and oars to the website
Old Oct 15, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

absolutely Tom...they are on me

I swear it rained for 8 days straight here......I was contemplating adding canoes and oars to the website
do you have a carbon fiber lip for the canoe 8? i will also need some titanium pedals
Old Oct 16, 2005, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here's my question.

i read the inital post and a few others, but never looked on z1's website with this specific question in mind. How the HELL would i know the guy is jewish, and celebrating holidays.

If you're not, you don't care/have any idea when they are.

He's been a great guy, and i'd order from him again in an instant, but if the same thing happened to me, i could understand why the guy was upset. When you order something, and need it in 2-3 weeks, and its a simple piece and the shipping is close, you expect to get it.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 05:02 AM
Account Disabled

warmpepsi - fwiw, we had our outgoing voicemail message changed to say we would be closed and our outgoing email to say it as well. Plus, it has not been 2-3 weeks...he ordered it last Wednesday

I understand why he was upset as well believe me. But from the communications I have from Ultimate, his item has already shipped out this past week, despite the holidays. As mentioned I emailed the customer yesterday, as well as sent him a PM, but have not heard back yet. I am hopeful the adapter will arrive in time for his install, and if he does not get it tomorrow, I'll arrange to overnight one to the shop doing his install (I know where they are), so it arrives there Tuesday AM, in time for his appointment
Old Oct 16, 2005, 05:07 AM

z1 is the **** i ordered **** got it in a day KEEP BUYING FROM Z1 GOOD PRICES AND GOOD ****
Old Oct 16, 2005, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
warmpepsi - fwiw, we had our outgoing voicemail message changed to say we would be closed and our outgoing email to say it as well. Plus, it has not been 2-3 weeks...he ordered it last Wednesday

I understand why he was upset as well believe me. But from the communications I have from Ultimate, his item has already shipped out this past week, despite the holidays. As mentioned I emailed the customer yesterday, as well as sent him a PM, but have not heard back yet. I am hopeful the adapter will arrive in time for his install, and if he does not get it tomorrow, I'll arrange to overnight one to the shop doing his install (I know where they are), so it arrives there Tuesday AM, in time for his appointment
gotcha. you covered your bases then.

and now i know. take care man.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

i am going to agree and say this post was a very premature....i mean, you ordered the part ELEVEN days ago!!!! only SEVEN working days and that isnt even counting the holidays...usually when i order something, i expect to wait a week or two to receive it...that way if/when i get it sooner, i will be happy

if you are pressed for time or you have an appt to install the parts you are ordering, make sure you let the vendor know...tell them "look, i really need these parts by x/x/2005" (make sure you say you need them a day or two sooner than you really do)

usually they will tell you the deal "oh we have that in stock it will go out tomorrow"...just make sure they know that the only way they will make you happy and get your business again is if they communicate with you on the order...usually they will be more than happy to

but they cant hold every customer's hand through the entire process...when you get 30+ orders per week and many other calls and inquiries about parts, its impossible...unfortunately its looking as though vendors ARE going to have to start holding hands since so many of these threads seem to pop up everyday
Old Oct 16, 2005, 06:00 AM
Account Disabled

I don't mind the handholding, and don't even consider it that to be honest.

30 orders a week..... 30 + orders a day is more like it! Unfortunately in this instance, he was a victim of circumstance, getting caught between 2 holidays, and a miscommunication on my part. As mentioned though, if he does not have the item in his hands tomorrow, I'll make sure his shop has it for Tuesday

Quick Reply: Z1 Auto needs to be more efficient...