Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Z1 Auto needs to be more efficient...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I never bought anything from Adam yet but he has answered a lot of questions for me w/o any problems.

I plan on buying a lot of stuff in the future, but whoever gives me the best price will get my hard earned cash.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best thing about this thread is the composure of Adam at Z1

If someone was talking smack about me and my customer service while I was working my *** off to make it right....I'd be pretty offended.

He has shown to be a complete professional and stuck to business.......and most of all customer service with no signs whatsoever of being upset by these comments.

We should all take notes.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
I never bought anything from Adam yet but he has answered a lot of questions for me w/o any problems.

I plan on buying a lot of stuff in the future, but whoever gives me the best price will get my hard earned cash.
I have found that the cheapest price isn't always the best deal. I have also found that Adam has great prices and awesome service.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
My father, who was in retail for 28 years as the owner of a multistate retail chain, drilled into my brain that the thrill of a good deal disappears long before the bad taste of poor service. We try to do our best on both fronts
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
My father, who was in retail for 28 years as the owner of a multistate retail chain, drilled into my brain that the thrill of a good deal disappears long before the bad taste of poor service. We try to do our best on both fronts

true
good pricing and good service go hand in hand
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jo & Joey
I don't know the vendor nor have I shopped with them, however, just because a vendor has done a good job in the past doesn't acquit him of screwing that reputation up later. The problem here is if someone has a bad experience they explain all the circumstances without adding a bunch of BS, just the truth of what happened. There is nothing wrong with that. Just as Z1 also has the opportunity to rebut and tell his side of the story. Then others can, from what they are reading, make their own judgment call.

However, not saying anything after you've been wronged is worse than not saying anything at all. Unless you don't care if others have to experience these things for themselves. I would rather have someone save me the trouble of going with a particular vendor because if there are multiple bad dealings the vendor will sink themselves. If it is only one bad post out a hundreds of good ones than you know it is just coincidence that this guy had a problem and it is not the vendor.

Be a little more forgiving instead of jumping into the fire to say "this is in bad taste". You are accusing him of making a judgment on someone when you are doing the exact same to him.

Hypocrites should be shot on site. In the end he did a fair review and didn't but a bunch of (@$#%@#$) characters in a line.
I agree with this guy!

Starting a thread on EvoM isn't like sending a complaint to the BBB. Jeez ladies. He tried calling a few times and was getting frustrated with the lack of answers. He starts a thread and now Z1 has helped resolve things. Boy I bet he sure learned his lesson about starting threads like this...

Anyways, when did a forum become more about the vendors then the owners?

EDIT: Plus these kind of threads are GOOD for business, not bad IMHO. It puts Z1 on center stage and gave Adam a chance to showcase his excellent CS skills. It was also an opportunity for others to chime in with their positive experiences with Z1. To think that the simple existence of a thread like this would be bad for Z1's business is insane too. Unless somebody has $hit for brains, anybody contemplating a potential purchase of more than $1 from a vendor will naturally read the contents of the thread...not just the title. Two thumbs up to Adam for turning lemons into lemonade!

And I think it's important to point out that threads like these are healthy for the community. People left in a massive exodus from the SRT forums and started regional forums when the mods would lock and delete threads like these. I had an experience with AGP that I had every right to be pissed about. When I posted something in the AGP sub-forum asking about a missing part in a kit I ordered it was shut down and I was left to fight on my own, out of the community's eye, for something that should have been included with the order. Ask yourself which is better for vendors too...a small commununity with no negative feedback or a huge community with some occasional complaints. Any vendor in his right mind would take the huge community because of all the opportunities. I understand there is a balance and, from 8 years of customer service, realize there are customers out there who ALWAYS have problems with their vendors because...well...they are morons. I didn't see any of that in here on either side though and would hope the next time we see a thread like this the next vendor also sees it as an opportunity rather than a PITA.

Last edited by Steiner; Oct 18, 2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
I agree with this guy!

Starting a thread on EvoM isn't like sending a complaint to the BBB. Jeez ladies. He tried calling a few times and was getting frustrated with the lack of answers. He starts a thread and now Z1 has helped resolve things. Boy I bet he sure learned his lesson about starting threads like this...

Anyways, when did a forum become more about the vendors then the owners?
What lesson? I didn't see any lesson to be learned. I had a problem, shared my experience(what these boards are for), vendor contacted me, we communicated, he took care of me, I appreciated, all is good, end of story.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
What lesson? I didn't see any lesson to be learned.
LOL. I was being sarcastic. What I was getting at is how can people realistically expect threads like these to never happen when they accomplish so much? I mean things worked out in the end, right? IMHO the only lesson to be learned is that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. More power to you brutha.