Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Z1 Auto needs to be more efficient...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Z1 Auto needs to be more efficient...

Has anyone had any bad experiences with Z1 Auto? I ordered an Ultimate Racing fuel pressure gauge adapter and it is taking too long for delivery, and I mean toooooo long! I ordered it around Oct.5 Wednesday night. I called on Friday the 7th to check on the status. The guy told me it would be sent out on Monday the 10th, don't know why, they couldn't send it out that Thurs. or Fri.? Anyway, I wait all the following week...no package. So I call yesterday Fri. the 14th, guy tells me because of Columbus Day on Monday and Yom Kippur on Thursday, they couldn't send it out. So he said he would check with the delivery guys and said it would be sent out Friday afternoon, yesterday. He took my name and said an email would be sent to me giving me an update. Guess what?......no email.
Now what I don't understand is why they didn't send it out on Tuesday or Wednesday? They weren't holidays. What pisses me off is that they are located in N.Y. and I am in N.J. Shouldn't take 2 weeks for a package to get here. I can understand if it was an exhaust or something of that size, but this is a small piece of aluminum, an adapter.
Just a little comparison, I ordered a gauge panel and oil pressure gauge adapter from 42 Draft Designs. I got it the next day. I was surprised...I wasn't expecting it that soon! Now that's service and I think they are farer than Z1. Well I hope they get their act together, because they have some cool stuff and I want to still do business with them. But I don't want to have to wait a month for my next parts.
I also have an appt. with Precision Dyno to have parts installed on my car this coming Tuesday. I may have to postpone it or have to make an extra trip just to have a frickin adapter installed. It would be another story if it was an exhaust or cams. It's like a little thorn in my side. Something small having a big impact.

Last edited by inariv5573; Oct 17, 2005 at 08:16 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

what's up with EvoM vendors these days? First LancerShop, then RevHigh, now Z1??? wtf?
Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

This thread is in very poor bad taste.

Z1 has been and continues to be one of the most stand-up vendors here on EvoM and a lot of other boards. You should really keep this between yourself and the vendor instead of trying to come out on here and smear a vendor who's been a great asset to the Evolution community.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Should have PM'ed...thats what its for........no need to air dirty laundry.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:03 PM

yea but he's already called them like 5 times plus this is the kinda stuff people wanna know, maybe them seeing this will help them get their act together....
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

i agree that this thread is in poor taste. first of all wed and thu were holidays. Adam is Jewish and it was Yum Kipur. we don't drive, talk on the phone or do any sort of money exchange on that holiday. second of all, Adam has been a fantastic vendor on here for a very long time andd even if there was a mixup, i think he deserves a chance to make it right before you go online and post something like this. i am just shocked at how quick people post online these days. i ordered something 3 weeks ago and just got it yesterday. instead of posting on line i gave the vendor a call and told them that i was not happy. you know what they did? they send me a gift certificate for $25 for my troubles (the order was for a $10 skin for my ipod). when you treat people with respect, you will get whhatever you want and build a relationship.

this is my vent for today, carry on...
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cass1115
yea but he's already called them like 5 times plus this is the kinda stuff people wanna know, maybe them seeing this will help them get their act together....
get what act together?!??! they have been vending here for the past 2 years and have TONS of happy customers who won't go anywhere else. they have been on nasioc for the past 4 years and have the biggest "best vendor" thread in nasioc. i wish we had more people like them here..
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:20 PM
Account Disabled

I actually just emailed you a few minutes ago, and then came on here and saw the thread.

This shipped directly from Ultimate to you - I am simply waiting on them to get me the tracking number via email. As soon as they do, I'll forward it to you. I had thought we were sending it from here, but unfortunately, we had the gauges and no adapters as it turns out. Someone should have communicated that to you, and I am sorry that did not happen.

As soon as I have the #, I will forward it right to you

Adam
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
get what act together?!??! they have been vending here for the past 2 years and have TONS of happy customers who won't go anywhere else. they have been on nasioc for the past 4 years and have the biggest "best vendor" thread in nasioc. i wish we had more people like them here..

I normally ignore these threads unless I personally feel that a vendor I like is being misrepresented. ( ACT, Z1, Harman, Etc. )

Adam at Z1 stayed Online talking to me about the benefits of the Defi BF's till about 1:00 a.m . His time. He simply made sure that this is the route I wanted to go with then explained in detail how they work yada yada, He basically sold me the gauges.

He made sure than when I purchased the gauges , I was making the correct choice for me. I absolutely LOVE the Gauges and appreciated every minute he spent going over these things with me.

This thread needs to be trashed.

I simply cannot believe what these forums have become due to some of the members thinking that they need to run on here every 5 min. crying.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know the vendor nor have I shopped with them, however, just because a vendor has done a good job in the past doesn't acquit him of screwing that reputation up later. The problem here is if someone has a bad experience they explain all the circumstances without adding a bunch of BS, just the truth of what happened. There is nothing wrong with that. Just as Z1 also has the opportunity to rebut and tell his side of the story. Then others can, from what they are reading, make their own judgment call.

However, not saying anything after you've been wronged is worse than not saying anything at all. Unless you don't care if others have to experience these things for themselves. I would rather have someone save me the trouble of going with a particular vendor because if there are multiple bad dealings the vendor will sink themselves. If it is only one bad post out a hundreds of good ones than you know it is just coincidence that this guy had a problem and it is not the vendor.

Be a little more forgiving instead of jumping into the fire to say "this is in bad taste". You are accusing him of making a judgment on someone when you are doing the exact same to him.

Hypocrites should be shot on site. In the end he did a fair review and didn't but a bunch of (@$#%@#$) characters in a line.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by cass1115
I don't think he said he called 5 times....

Anyway, I appreciate the kind words

Josemarie - you have PM and email !

Last edited by Z1 Performance; Oct 15, 2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jo & Joey
I don't know the vendor nor have I shopped with them, however, just because a vendor has done a good job in the past doesn't acquit him of screwing that reputation up later. The problem here is if someone has a bad experience they explain all the circumstances without adding a bunch of BS, just the truth of what happened. There is nothing wrong with that. Just as Z1 also has the opportunity to rebut and tell his side of the story. Then others can, from what they are reading, make their own judgment call.

However, not saying anything after you've been wronged is worse than not saying anything at all. Unless you don't care if others have to experience these things for themselves. I would rather have someone save me the trouble of going with a particular vendor because if there are multiple bad dealings the vendor will sink themselves. If it is only one bad post out a hundreds of good ones than you know it is just coincidence that this guy had a problem and it is not the vendor.

Be a little more forgiving instead of jumping into the fire to say "this is in bad taste". You are accusing him of making a judgment on someone when you are doing the exact same to him.

Hypocrites should be shot on site. In the end he did a fair review and didn't but a bunch of (@$#%@#$) characters in a line.

very well said.

While agree with what your saying I also disagree simply because he hadn't contacted the vendor directly because of the Jewish Holiday. After everything was said and done, there is no doubt in my mind based off my experiences with Z1 that Adam wouldn't have apologized and taken care of this guy.

For Instance, I had a minor tuning Issue with my tuner , He told me he couldn't figure out why it wasn't making the power it should be and that he would figure it out on my next tuning date, Instead of running on here and crying about it to everyone causing bad blood between myself and the tuner, and potentially harming his rep and credit I left it alone and sure enough I went back 2 months later had more parts installed and he completely retuned the car FREE for the Mishap on the Last session.

Now would that Have happened If I ran on here pissing and moaning? Prolly not. Vendors and Tuners are all after one thing: your business, and repeated business. Most will go out of their way to please Us and turn us into repeat customers.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jo & Joey

wow, good job on ignoring the entire point

we have no problem with people talking about their experience with a vendor. if he had a bad experience than he has every right to talk about it and tell us whhat happened. the problem here is that people go directly to the internet and post about everything without even trying to fix things or give the other side a chance. he waited a week for a part. now in your opinion, could he have given the vendor a little bit of a chance to fix it up or do you think that he did enough? we are talking about a week with 3 holidays in it mind you... also, the problem is that just beccause of this, the vendors will lose alot of business from people that don't know the vendors and all they see is this one post. i have dealt with Adam ALOT in the past 5 years and i can honsetly say that he will do backflips to make you happy and fix things. i think that people should be a bit more reserved on their actions and not use the internet as first option for solving problems. what happened to talking to people and trying to work things out??? all of this drama because he waited 1 week?!?!??!1
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

we have no problem with people talking about their experience with a vendor. if he had a bad experience than he has every right to talk about it and tell us whhat happened. the problem here is that people go directly to the internet and post about everything without even trying to fix things or give the other side a chance. he waited a week for a part. now in your opinion, could he have given the vendor a little bit of a chance to fix it up or do you think that he did enough? we are talking about a week with 3 holidays in it mind you... also, the problem is that just beccause of this, the vendors will lose alot of business from people that don't know the vendors and all they see is this one post. i have dealt with Adam ALOT in the past 5 years and i can honsetly say that he will do backflips to make you happy and fix things. i think that people should be a bit more reserved on their actions and not use the internet as first option for solving problems. what happened to talking to people and trying to work things out??? all of this drama because he waited 1 week?!?!??!1

word.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reread this all over again. I'm not here to get into a pissing contest. Just because someone says something bad about a long time friend is no reason to get all up in smoke. As a MOD you should know this and be a little more forth coming and hold your emotions in tack. I have not "good job on ignoring the entire point ".
I commented on how you and others jump on a band wagon, just like when ppl have bad dealings and jump on that FLAME band wagon. You have proven yourself no different than the very ppl you are commenting on.

You stated again "we have no problem with people talking about their experience with a vendor". If true than let him vent and let it be. If you want to rebut than do it in a fashion like "i have dealt with Adam ALOT in the past 5 years and i can honsetly say that he will do backflips to make you happy and fix things." And end it there. Your other comments are unwarrented and should have been kept out - especially as a MOD.

From there others can deduce what part is BS and what is truth not stop shopping because of one bad post. That is not dragging a vendor down in the least. If a vendor is great than the 95% of good comments will out weigh the 5% of bad and ppl can see that.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/tr...ngs.php?u=2199

One post will not make him lose his business because he shows with actions he's doing a good job.

Unfortunately I have to say to you "wow, good job on ignoring the entire point "

Quick Reply: Z1 Auto needs to be more efficient...