Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

sti vs. evo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sti vs. evo

from what i have seen is 1/4 mile wise and power wise it seems like the sti overpowers the regular evolution and almost the mr....i was just wondering on your guys honest opinions with the sti vs. the evo....the only bad thing i have heard about the sti is the fact that they dont respond too well to mods...well if i was going to get a sti all i would do most likely is a full exhaust...the fact that they already run low 13s stock a good exhaust might get it into the 12s...to get into the 12s with a evo requires a decent amount of mods...
Old Oct 15, 2005, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Oh boy here it goes again. Run because there are going to be a lot of people in here telling you to use the search button. The Evo is a bit slower in the 1/4, but out handles the sti check out C&D
Old Oct 15, 2005, 06:54 PM

Get ready for the on-slaught of negative messages. People are going to tell you to "search". Get ready..................
Old Oct 15, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

scion tc will smoke both the sti and evo. I've hear the Scion BB can smoke Corvette c6's too.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, Did You Forget What Site Your On?
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

i figured the posts would be obviously biased but i figured there might be some truthful people out there....i love the evo...i have loved it since it came out...i just cant make up my mind between the 2....the only thing i like more about the sti is that you can get them used for mid 20s and they are faster than a stock evo. but looks wise i think it goes to the evo...i just wonder what car would be more reliable and hold its value better
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by zectasy
i figured the posts would be obviously biased but i figured there might be some truthful people out there....i love the evo...i have loved it since it came out...i just cant make up my mind between the 2....the only thing i like more about the sti is that you can get them used for mid 20s and they are faster than a stock evo. but looks wise i think it goes to the evo...i just wonder what car would be more reliable and hold its value better
Its pretty much prefrence...I like both if i had the money id have both...for straight line hands down evo...05's are monsters out the box...I like the front facial on the 9's though...next spring baby next spring

btw you can get used evo's for mid 20's...theres and 05 rs right now for sale $23k in the for sale section
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:07 PM

U answered your own question. What will hold value better "can get them used for mid 20's". Straight line, Sti is faster due to more displacement. Search the topic thought 4 real.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

this is only the billionth thread on sti vs evo
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the evo is more fun to drive and better than an sti in a road course.
plus i like the looks of the evo over the sti. i just cant stand the squirrels nest on the hood of the sti.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:15 PM

You can't go wrong with either car, IMO. They are both great. Generally speaking the STi has the nicer interior (other than the Recaros), has a smoother ride (excepting the MR), and is a fraction quicker 0-60 and the 1/4, and is a little faster up top. The Evo is faster at the track and in the twisties, has better steering, much less understeer, and looks better (especially compared to the '06 STi and it's God-awful front end). Evo is also cheaper to mod.

-nurb2-
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

from what i have seen is 1/4 mile wise and power wise it seems like the sti overpowers the regular evolution and almost the mr....i was just wondering on your guys honest opinions with the sti vs. the evo....the only bad thing i have heard about the sti is the fact that they dont respond too well to mods...well if i was going to get a sti all i would do most likely is a full exhaust...the fact that they already run low 13s stock a good exhaust might get it into the 12s...to get into the 12s with a evo requires a decent amount of mods...
Not sure where you got your facts but I am certain you didn't search. 05 Evo's run low 13's stock, and a TBE is all that is required to run in the high 12's.

Your not that new to this site based on your post history. So in my humble opinion your either not that good at reading comprehension or your trying to get flamed..............get ready
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
god dman it, the car doesn't drive it selfs. and please do a search.

GOSH EVERYONE TOLD YOU ALREADY
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

i use to have a lancer oz way back and i just started coming back on here about a week ago to get some info on evos...thanks for everyone who has posted...seems like neither one is alot better than the other....im still leaning towards the evo...i just love when i see a sti for the fact that they are a lil but more uncommon
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:33 PM

if it's any help i just traded my STi in for an 05 EVO not even 3 weeks ago.i spent months stressing about which one would be better so i just went out and bought one and i have no regrets whatsoever. Drive an EVO for about a week and you'll know what i'm talking about... These threads are pretty informative as well, but in the end the decisions yours.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=100082

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99913

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=111101

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=160106

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/2070-evo-vii-vs-sti-vii-articles.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=106789

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=159878

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=108642

Let us know what you get

Quick Reply: sti vs. evo