Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO 9 Driving Impression? New IX owners?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a 5 speed evo 9 what are the revs in 5th gear comparing to evo8.
Is the car reving higher or lower??
(not MR)
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dgoodhue
Do a search on leasing, it basically doesn't cost much more to buy than lease an Evo. I want to say $50-75 was the difference...

yeah the range of the interest rate is about 5.40-ish to 5.69 depending on your term of the purchase ....

because when my dad leased a new 04 Si for me he saved a few thousand bucks simply because it was leased ... *prolly with some bargining skills also haha*

i want to lease one but idk ... it might a bit expensive for a 19 year old like me *but hey kids today get like m3's and Vettes all the time rite .. so why not an iX for me*

btw does anyone feel weird saying evo 9? hahah ... i keep thinking of saying 06 Evo 8 hahah ..
Old Oct 19, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you guys tell me about low end torque? (1000-3000rpm) IX vs VIII.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by allturbo
I don't care if they dynoed the 9 and only got 1whp over the 8. The fact is that the 9 has variable intake cam timing which is more efficient and hence will have more overall potential than the 8 PERIOD.

Only time will tell, not your post.

I'm gonna spam this post like a mother when time tells me that I'm right
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

So far the Evo IX is amazing. I used to drive a 02 WRX moddified heavily on the speed side and just s-techs on the suspension. In comparison, the EVO just handles way better.

The car feels better built, solid, tighter around corners. Instance throttle response. Even in 4th gear at low end torqe u step on the gas and turbo spools way quicker than the same application being made to a wrx w/ or w/o and upgraded turbo. The MIVEC must help in this matter.

But who really knows, I have only 47 miles on it, so the top end/high rpms is yet to come.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

I have a feeling that people will be *****ing about MIVEC in the future...congrats on all the new cars guys...
Old Oct 20, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wh03lse
could any new IX owners tell me if they leased ... havent heard too many ppl who leased an evo but yeah ... *prices and down payments would be nice to know*

would anyone bash on me if they knew that i am thinking of getting the new 06 Si ? *currently in 2nd year of lease with 04 Si* ...

so many people are going to buy Civics that I wanna push for my parents to lease me a nice BLUE IX!

hahaha the funny thing is in my mind i always say *hey im gonna be a nurse soon enough so why not lol*
Please do not hi-jack this thread. I think people who come into this thread are interested in finding out the driving impression of the IX from new owners, not about whether you want to lease or buy a 06 Honda Si.

And plus, if you want to get a car that you want, do most of the 19 year old kids on this board do....WORK.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ErroR
I had an 03 8 with TBE, intake, throttle body, FMIC, MR diverter, Boost controller, fuel pump and a TurboTrix flash. Obviously my new MR is not as fast but it does feel like smoother power delivery and definitely a lot stronger down low. I have no regrets and am very happy I made the jump.
Obviously you had an EVO 8 before. And one of the things that most people complain about is the lack of "right now, right here" low end torque...think STi. So you think based on your impression, EVO 9 pretty much get rid of this problem? Is the low end as strong as the 2.5 STi?? Coz if that's the case, then there will be even less of a reason to get the STi. what do you guys think?
Old Oct 20, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TriCycle STI C
Obviously you had an EVO 8 before. And one of the things that most people complain about is the lack of "right now, right here" low end torque...think STi. So you think based on your impression, EVO 9 pretty much get rid of this problem? Is the low end as strong as the 2.5 STi?? Coz if that's the case, then there will be even less of a reason to get the STi. what do you guys think?
stock for stock 8 vs 9 if yer launching the car what difference does it make wheather or not the car pullls a bit sooner??
Old Oct 20, 2005, 09:06 PM

Yeah, from what I understand. Mitsu wanted to improve the lower torque and not really concerned w/ top end hp. I have best motoring comparison of the 8 and 9 and couple stis. They did many test and one of them was 5th gear quarter mile. In that vid you can tell that
9 had lot more bottom end torque it just started picking up power lot earlier than the 8 and the sti. I wish I knew how to post this video, if I posted this video, this thread would be dead period haha.