Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bov

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo05lution
yea he def needs to calm down a bit...he likes to jump on the newbies including myself...

but a good bov would be the JDM Evo MR, or if you would like to spend the money get APS...later bro good luck
You're right, and I am attempting to answer more calmly, but I do NOT like to jump on newbies. It's just that newbies are not following standard Internet forum protocol by first searching for their answers instead of asking the same frequently asked questions over and over.

Due to my response (and others) in your thread about mods, you have changed completely from going with an HKS RS and HKS SSQV to now suggesting the JDM MR DV to others. I'd say that shows we had a profound influence on your decisions, and I'd say I had a big part in that, since you PM'd me asking for more detailed advice related to intakes and BOVs after sifting through our "harsh" responses.
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

I think warttalon is very helpful, he is definitely not an idiot, he always provides helpful advide, and sometimes adds a little bit of sarcastic humor to his posts. Anyways why do you want to BOV to whistle? That would be so annyoing to hear that sound all the time. Anyways just get the APS, install it, and you'll be happy with the way it sounds and performs.
Former Vendor

exactly.... he like i cant understand some of the dumb, ques that can be easy, clearly, and most of all found in over 100 threads on this site... its not that hard to look instead of just posting... in my time hear i have only had to started a help thread for 3-4 diff. things... valid things to... cause i searched..sorry o.t. we are not all hear to be sugarcoat things, me and several others will tell you the truth.. no matter, if you like it.. but our answers will be dead on..
Originally Posted by AtO-MiX
warrtalon tells it like it is..and does not sugar coat crap..i like that i would take warrtalon's advice any day..since i have seen him post i have rarely if ever seen him proved wrong
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8
I have proven him wrong numerous times!!
He had nothing to say after he saw my web site!!!

ASE CERTIFIED
AEM TRAINED AT THEIR FACILITY IN SAN JOSE
STEEL ENGINEER
AUTO BODY STUDENT CURRENTLY

ANY QUESTIONS???????????
I don't recall being proven wrong, and I have never seen your website. I don't see what any of those capitalized words have to do with this. You actually listed that you're an auto body student? Wow, impressive. I'll let everyone else shut you down; I obviously don't need to defend myself here.
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

WRONG AGAIN?? The EVO is car that really does not require venting that is true,But cars that are supercharged AIR TO COOLANT BACK TO AIR yes need that purge into the atmosphere, such as a twin turbo charged engine!!
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

warrtalon, you are very helpful i just think from reading your responses to my threads and other peoples threads you seem to be a bit sarcastic at times which isnt really needed, but i def give you all the credit for helping on the right path and i thank you i will def be asking you for more help in the future....
-Bobby
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Auto body yes, And????....

I work at Speedconcept ,And Im just about certified in EVERY!!!!! catagory of automobile repairing and customizing. YOU ARE???????????????... Yeah what we call keyboard tuners.

READ rumors and apply them to your image of knowledge which is FAKE!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

i for one enjoy warrtalon's sarcasm and appreciate how he gets to the point. i tried to slip in a newbie question about a BOV in my very first post here and he warned me to start searching and im glad i did because now instead of getting ripped apart...i sit back and get a kick out of some of these threads.

but back to the topic, there are seriously countless BOV threads on here...
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

what i want to know is how warrtalon remembers all these people's names....i couldn't tell you who i yelled at last week.

i do find his rawness funny....he does it, so i don't have to...LOL

and the JDM MR dv doesn't hold lots of boost well....been there done that, get a greddy type S.
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

I work at Speedconcept ,And Im just about certified in EVERY!!!!! catagory of automobile repairing and customizing. YOU ARE???????????????... Yeah what we call keyboard tuners.

You're right. I'm just a nobody who happens to be a decent driver and who knows how to make the most out of his mods and his money. I also have a desire to help many others achieve what I have achieved without wasting money, without sacrificing driveability, and without hurting their car in any way.

Many seem to appreciate my efforts considering the plethora of PMs and IMs (AIM) I receive on a daily basis. I will continue helping people if you don't mind. I will also go hit 11s for you on my stock turbo'd, stock cammed Evo this Friday so that maybe I can be "someone."

Last edited by Warrtalon; Oct 18, 2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
what i want to know is how warrtalon remembers all these people's names....i couldn't tell you who i yelled at last week.

i do find his rawness funny....he does it, so i don't have to...LOL

and the JDM MR dv doesn't hold lots of boost well....been there done that, get a greddy type S.
Haha, jeff, don't send these guys on a wild goose chase. He has no mods whatsoever and wants to upgrade his BOV, which is already the JDM MR DV, to one that makes noise. He doesn't need to hold 28psi like you are talking about. His current DV will hold 24-25psi no problem, and I highly doubt he'll be boosting higher than that when this is his only mod.
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

I work at Speedconcept ,And Im just about certified in EVERY!!!!! catagory of automobile repairing and customizing.
congratulations, want a cookie???

this is the umpteenth bov thread this guy (fastesteva) has been involved in and I can see where warrtalon's impatience comes from. People who's only experience to turbo cars came from the fast and the furious need to know that running a VTA BOV on a car the uses a MAF sensor is not only not beneficial; it's detrimental to perfomance.

I really get fed up with all the egos and bickering that's showing up on here lately....
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

who know you? Talking like an idiot.
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Phissshhhh Phisssh Some hostility up in here.
Old Oct 18, 2005 | 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by edwin
who know you? Talking like an idiot.
???Who know you??? <--- did you forget a letter or word?

Quick Reply: Bov