Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Precision Dyno is awesome!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Precision Dyno is awesome!!!

I just got back from Precision Dyno Tuning. I highly recommend them. They are friendly and helpful. Nick knows his stuff. Thanks go to him and Nick #2 and Chris. I had a baseline run on their Mustang Dyno and put down 193whp, stock. I know some of you will say that is low, but it is a Mustang Dyno. I'd rather have a more accurate reading than an inflated number on a Dynojet, no offense. I was thinking only 193whp and I think my car is quick! Just think if I put down 280whp on the Mustang, that will be a beast!
There were two ther Evo's there and got a ride in them...unbelievable! Nick's Evo puts down I believe 480 on pump and 630 on race. Expect to see him up there with AMS, Al, Turbotirx, and Buschur. Nick backs up his work and makes sure it is done right the first time. No shortcuts.
I had an AVO exhaust, HKS downpipe, and gauges installed but not hooked up. Next week I hope to get the gauges working and my Hallman MBC put in.
Concerning the AVO. Quiet, very quiet compared to other exhausts. True it is expensive. Not the highest flowing, nor is it the lightest. But it is clean, tip is straight and doesn't stick out. In fact you wouldn't notice it is aftermarket except that the tip is wider and fills out the bumper cutout better. Idle is a low rumble. No droning.
Again, look for Nick and his group to make it big!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sounds like a lot of power on stock boost. What did he tune it with?

complete list of mods?
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gsujeff55

complete list of mods?
Who was on stock boost? Inariv just dyno'd 193. The 280 wasn't what anyone dyno'd, but rather what he was dreaming of in the future...he was saying if he thinks 193whp is fast now, what about when he's putting down 280 on that same dyno. Then, it would be REALLLLLY fast.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

complete list of mods?
HKS downpipe, stock cat, AVO 3", RMR filter. This is all untuned, no flash, no boost controller.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Who was on stock boost? Inariv just dyno'd 193. The 280 wasn't what anyone dyno'd, but rather what he was dreaming of in the future...he was saying if he thinks 193whp is fast now, what about when he's putting down 280 on that same dyno. Then, it would be REALLLLLY fast.
Thanks Warrtalon.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh, holy hell. I can't read.

you put 193 down stock, then you put those parts on untuned? or, you dynoed 193 with those parts?

I know nick knows his stuff, whats going on here? and don't say 'mustang dyno', i know what they read.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

oh, holy hell. I can't read.

you put 193 down stock, then you put those parts on untuned? or, you dynoed 193 with those parts?

I know nick knows his stuff, whats going on here? and don't say 'mustang dyno', i know what they read.
Dyno'd 193 stock, then had the parts installed. No tuning or boost control yet. I'm not sure why he didn't dyno after the install to see the gains.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Dyno'd 193 stock, then had the parts installed. No tuning or boost control yet. I'm not sure why he didn't dyno after the install to see the gains.
Well I wasn't expecting too much from just the exhaust. I am getting the MBC put it next week. I figure it would be more cost effective to get it dyno'd after that. I may even wait until I get cams and a flash.
I also want to add that Nick is extremely serious about the work he does. He and the rest of the guys are a fun bunch, but when it comes to cars he doesn't clown around. He is the epitome of professionalism. Anyone who has access to him should really go give PD a try, he'll take care of you. He is not only a tuner but an educator as well. This way you understand more about what is being done as well as understanding the car itself.

Last edited by inariv5573; Oct 18, 2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
Well I wasn't expecting too much from just the exhaust. I am getting the MBC put it next week. I figure it would be more cost effective to get it dyno'd after that. I may even wait until I get cams and a flash.
It's best to do it after each mod to make sure each one worked right and to see how worthwhile it was, but you're right, it's not cost-effective.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

It's best to do it after each mod to make sure each one worked right and to see how worthwhile it was, but you're right, it's not cost-effective.
True, but I would think the exhaust added some power, maybe not much. It's strange, I am more excited to drive my car. I guess it's because I now have an exhaust note. I love how it is not that loud. I pulled in my driveway and my brother didn't realize I had my exhaust put in. He had to really look at the muffler. But even then he wasn't sure. He asked me to rev it. I rev to like 3k and he still wasn't sure. It wasn't until I revved to 6k did he notice.