Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Worthy rivals for stock Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dan628
On the way to work today this PT cruiser smoked my ***... I dont know what the hell he done to it, but I never saw a car pass me so fast. I was accelerating through the gears at full boost just moving a long, and this guy comes up from behind and passed me, I don't know how he did it. I have always hate the PT loser, and now i hate it even more.
Dang, it had NAWS..
Old Oct 19, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

heh his car is still a PT though and yours is a evo
Old Oct 19, 2005, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the way to work today this PT cruiser smoked my ***... I dont know what the hell he done to it, but I never saw a car pass me so fast. I was accelerating through the gears at full boost just moving a long, and this guy comes up from behind and passed me, I don't know how he did it. I have always hate the PT loser, and now i hate it even more.

well, they do offer the thing with the SRT-4 engine. there're bound to be a few out there that'll be fast
Old Oct 19, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

the messed up thing is the PT loser was weaving in and out of traffic with oncoming traffic!! I kept my distance, praying he was gunna lose control and wipe out, I would have rolled by just laughing....
Old Oct 19, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hueman

well, they do offer the thing with the SRT-4 engine. there're bound to be a few out there that'll be fast
FAST and UGLY. What a combo huh?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL; a Forester did the same thing to me the other day. I could see the guy laughing when he went by me. That thing is practically an SUV! D'oh!
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

thought you all meant moddied versus stock.. OK how about a BMW m3 then or anything In a EURO exotic.. And no AWD is not good for drag.Check your info,do A search do something besides run your mouth on nonsense...

Dont get me wrong i love the EVO...

BUT KNOW ABOUT MECHANICS FOLKS OR SHUT UP
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by coffeeslug
LOL; a Forester did the same thing to me the other day. I could see the guy laughing when he went by me. That thing is practically an SUV! D'oh!
That forester comes with the STi engine, and with some simple mods would be a serious sleeper. Weight aside they could be really fast.

We are talking stock for stock. Unfortunately Warrtalons list is pretty accurate, minus some exotics you might come across.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8
thought you all meant moddied versus stock.. OK how about a BMW m3 then or anything In a EURO exotic.. And no AWD is not good for drag.Check your info,do A search do something besides run your mouth on nonsense...

Ouch so your saying that if you have a AWD car its not meant for drag racing?? I hope your kidding right?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IDIOT EVO 8

ok im a mechanic, i went to school for it and not to mention i grew up in race shops, and i guarantee i know more about racing then you do, AWD was not "made" for dragracing, but then again cars werent really either, so that arument sucks, not to mention, you own the car and should know that AWD is entirely better on the launch, so you should do a search for your brain, because you have no facts, and you are getting OWNED, just like others. Now whats your response to that.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dan2510
Ouch so your saying that if you have a AWD car its not meant for drag racing?? I hope your kidding right?
well, i kind of have to agree with him on some level here. for our purposes, AWD is fine. 10's, 11's, 12's... cool. but the fastest awd car in the world is what, in the 8's? FWD has that beat for god's sake
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

well, i kind of have to agree with him on some level here. for our purposes, AWD is fine. 10's, 11's, 12's... cool. but the fastest awd car in the world is what, in the 8's? FWD has that beat for god's sake

so what, my orange is orange and my apple tastes like apple. whats your point, 8's with more moving parts and more technology, im not impressed,
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Are you sure? There are no Cobras that have GT emblems on them. The only way that would ever happen is if a GT owner was a moron and put Cobra emblems on his car without removing the GT stuff. Some idiots do that, but I don't believe that it is the norm. I'm surprised anyone here would think there was ever such thing as a "Cobra GT."
I guess people would do that then...that's just sad.

When I see the last gen mustangs, I always look for the cobra symbol 1st...then the GT, and I know I've seen some people with both...wow that's, just sad.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookEVO
so what, my orange is orange and my apple tastes like apple. whats your point, 8's with more moving parts and more technology, im not impressed,
can you clarify this a little? i think we're miscommunicating
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

can you clarify this a little? i think we're miscommunicating
awd may not be as fast as some of the others but at the same time we can do it with more moving parts, more stuff to break and more technology, im not impressed by 8 second civics, im extremely impressed by 10 and 11 second DSM's, EVO's and WRX's, not flamin you just sayin. i think we have the best of both worlds. a fast FWD or RWD car is only meant for that, if i run 10's in my EVo (i dont but you know what i mean) i can then go to the store or on a road trip and im not gonna blow something up, the aforementioned others cant say the same

Last edited by lookEVO; Oct 19, 2005 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Worthy rivals for stock Evo?