Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Worthy rivals for stock Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget the king of all JDM, Nissan Skyline GTR
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Pm'd to me by Unoriginal EVO 8

You seriously think you have more expirence than me check my profile, SIT DOWN GIRL!!!!

AWD IS GOOD AT LAUNCH YES,its the AWD transfer from the drive train to tranny that gets your in the end.. Prove your creditials... FA*G

why cant you post in the forum, i have the nut to call you out in front of everyone. so you lose, you are well on your way to getting banned.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

you just proved my point LOOKEVO,AWD is good at launch,but the drive+tranny gearing in AWD will never get you in 9's,Unless completly stripped trim an interior etc....
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Pick up a copy of Road & Track, every issue has a Road Test Summary in the back which gives all sorts of information on most performance production cars:

0-60
0-100
1/4 mile
Top speed
Braking
Skidpad
Slalom
Etc...
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

This thread has gone to ****. Now everyone is having a big D*ck swinging contest..
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

ok look at some of the other DSMs that do it, i have seen quite a few that do it, SHEP comes to mind for starters. how about that.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8
you just proved my point LOOKEVO,AWD is good at launch,but the drive+tranny gearing in AWD will never get you in 9's,Unless completly stripped trim an interior etc....
Wrong.

http://www.shepracing.com/sr_dragtalon.html

Some stuff to notice:

Fully Carpeted
All Glass, No Lexan
All Steel minus Hood
2650lbs with driver.

Thanks for playing.

P.S. There are plenty more than run 9's, Shep is just the most prominent.

Last edited by Tsurara; Oct 19, 2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Wrong.

Some stuff to notice:

Fully Carpeted
All Glass, No Lexan
All Steel minus Hood
2650lbs with driver.

Thanks for playing.
+100000000000000000

i was to lazy to get a link..
Old Oct 19, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Wrong.

Some stuff to notice:

Fully Carpeted
All Glass, No Lexan
All Steel minus Hood
2650lbs with driver.

Thanks for playing.
LOL Thank you for shopping
Old Oct 19, 2005, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dan2510
This thread has gone to ****. Now everyone is having a big D*ck swinging contest..
:werd: i want my 5 minutes and 5 clicks back
Old Oct 19, 2005, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lookEVO
Pm'd to me by Unoriginal EVO 8

You seriously think you have more expirence than me check my profile, SIT DOWN GIRL!!!! AWD IS GOOD AT LAUNCH YES,its the AWD transfer from the drive train to tranny that gets your in the end.. Prove your creditials... FA*G

why cant you post in the forum, i have the nut to call you out in front of everyone. so you lose, you are well on your way to getting banned.
Here's what he sent me a while back:

Do your research chump. AND DONT WORRY ABOUT MY CAPS YOU DONT LIKE THEM DONT F-IN READ THEM!!!! (notice he has stopped typing in caps since then, haha)

(referring to my times in my sig here)
READ WHAT? I CAN TYPE ANYTHING UNDER MY SIGNATURE THAT MEANS NOTHING. TO ADDRESS THE MAF SENSOR ISSUE THATS SIMPLE ADJUST THE AIR FUEL MIXTURE AND THE HOT AIR ISSUE YOU CAN GET OR MAKE LIKE I DID, A AIR BOX GET A LIFE WANNA BE, I DO THIS FOR A LIVING

Im a :
ASE certified mechanic
Been trained at AEM for CAD SOFTWARE VIA: EMS
Certified welder
CNC MACHINEST: AND YES I HAVE MADE CUSTOM RIMS FOR GRAM LIGHTS (ray cooper)
DID I MENTION I MAKE WELL OVER 120,000 A YEAR YOU LIL KID!!!!!
YOUR A WEEK END RICE RACER THAT PROBABLY HAS NO GIRL OR HOME ,U PEE ON!!!!!!!!!

There's more where all this came from, too.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 03:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
With a proper launch, you will beat the following stock cars from a dig:

- Any year Mustang
- All Cobras before '03
- All LT1 and LS1 Z28s/SSs/TAs/Firehawks
- C1-C4 Vettes
- All GTOs
- All 350Zs and G35s
- All SRT-4s
- All WRXs (not STi)
- All Boxsters
- All Hondas
- All Saturns
- All Acuras except the NSX
- All Toyota's
- All Lexii (haha)
- All Hemi-Dodges

There's many more, I'm sure

On the flipside, you will lose to many of those from a roll, which doesn't count, since that's not a form of racing I'm familiar with.

Not 2002 TA WS6's nor do I believe a Firehawk would get smoked from a standstill. You might forget these cars have switchable traction control that helps greatly with launches if needed. I know I tried against my brothers stock WS6 and we switched out and had the same results. As long as the WS6 has traction, it will trounce the Evo stock for stock from a dig. Flame all you want, but fact is fact and we have already proven this over and over. Maybe an LS1 SS Camaro, since they are not as quick as the Trans Am WS6 from a stand still. My brother blew the doors off of a GTO the other day from a stop light in his Evo and the guy was pissed. It all depends on driver and conditions. I love my Evo and it has legendary status around the world, but it is not the end all of every other car in a straight line in stock form. Of course it can smoke most from a standstill at least for a short distance in stock form.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NightHawk_Evo
Not 2002 TA WS6's nor do I believe a Firehawk would get smoked from a standstill. You might forget these cars have switchable traction control that helps greatly with launches if needed. I know I tried against my brothers stock WS6 and we switched out and had the same results. As long as the WS6 has traction, it will trounce the Evo stock for stock from a dig. Flame all you want, but fact is fact and we have already proven this over and over. Maybe an LS1 SS Camaro, since they are not as quick as the Trans Am WS6 from a stand still. My brother blew the doors off of a GTO the other day from a stop light in his Evo and the guy was pissed. It all depends on driver and conditions. I love my Evo and it has legendary status around the world, but it is not the end all of every other car in a straight line in stock form. Of course it can smoke most from a standstill at least for a short distance in stock form.
I didn't say the Evo would smoke anything. I just said that with a proper launch he would be able to beat the listed cars. Traction control does not allow a powerful V8 to launch better like you say. Traction control pulls timing if it detects tirespin, so that there is less power, and thus less additional tirespin. There is only so much you can do in a RWD car like that on stock tires. They can only cut certain 60's with all that power, and those bad 60's are what allow us to win. It's close enough that it comes down to driver, but when it comes to 0-60 (light to light), the big RWD V8s don't usually have time to catch up. They need the entire 1/4-mile at the track to catch up, and it's not a sure deal, although it is possible depending on how well each driver does.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, this thread is spreading out so quickly just in 1 day.

Again, I am not an expert on drag racing, but in the world of car racing, anything can happen if you are a good driver (either in drag or circuit courses).

The different power for 2 different cars is not important when they are within a certain distance. What makes a car goes faster than the other car is the driver and his/her mind.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Goodness gracious, Just look where you kids are going. Getting back to the original thread.

YES, there are some STOCK cars that can beat you and there is a list online that you can check. Please follow this link:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Nuff Said!!! Now let's get back to being all social and ****, you $tup1d Mo-FAckerz!!

Quick Reply: Worthy rivals for stock Evo?