Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Worthy rivals for stock Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Enyth
wow last time i checked, wrx's never ran "high 11 secs" stock

we are talking STOCK here. Read the posts.
Well last time i checked, wrx's in general really dont run high 11's
Old Oct 19, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock WRX in the high 11's.......!!!???? I've got the wrong cars.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

FYI: As far as Euros go you can beat most of them stock for stock with the exception of any Mercedes Benz with AMG or McLaren in the name. My coworker has an E55 AMG, supercharged v-8 w/ around 470hp factory rating. It also weighs close to 4k lbs. So jokingly i invited him to the strip a couple weekends ago, to my surprise he actually took my invite.

At the track, his first time there, he was lining up against and beating C6 vettes, 03+ Cobras, among others. Most people, including myself, couldn't believe what he was running let alone that he was actually tracking a ~$80k car. The thing is plush but can run consistent 12.5s with a slush box! The glove box is heated/ air conditioned for crying out loud!

whatever i thought it was a funny story...
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:19 PM

wait. except nsxsss??? a stock evo should be able to take every nsx from a dig. and the automatics with 260hp have no chance.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prospectevoER
wait. except nsxsss??? a stock evo should be able to take every nsx from a dig. and the automatics with 260hp have no chance.
I thought it was kind of funny he said "except NSX's" but didn't say anything about skylines or supras either But I know stock to stock evo > skyline or supra
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by bfdd
I thought it was kind of funny he said "except NSX's" but didn't say anything about skylines or supras either But I know stock to stock evo > skyline or supra
Hum , I would like to object

The Nismo GT-R34 ( around 325-330 HP ) got a 1/4 time of 11.99 on a video I saw severals years ago , but I don't remember the trap speed . And yeah it's a stock car , as the MR version of the Evo .
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
As for being stock, Skylines and Supras alike are overrated. Both, Evolutions and STis are faster than both of them in the 1/4 mile. In a top speed run, I can't say, because I've never had my STi over 110 mph, but with 3.91 gears, I believe they are, I think it's doubtful that an STi will run over a 145 mph top speed. The power is there, but it's going to run out of gearing. The same probably holds true for the Evo, because I believe they have a 4.xx gear ratio.

Start modding, and it's anyone's game, however, in the end, the cars with the displacement are the ones that are going to win. "There's no replacement for displacement," once it comes down to mod for mod.
There is one replacement for displacement, lower curb weight...
Old Oct 20, 2005, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dan2510
2002 Firehawk, SS, and WS6 will be VERY HARD races to win if both cars had good drivers. I would have to give the kill to the LS1's evos are fast but the VIII's (13.5) arent that fast. I have witnessed many LS1's bone stock dipping 12.9 stock (2002).
I agree. I love my Evo but, even off the line, would have my hands more than full with an LS1 TransAm or Camaro.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan628
On the way to work today this PT cruiser smoked my ***... I dont know what the hell he done to it, but I never saw a car pass me so fast. I was accelerating through the gears at full boost just moving a long, and this guy comes up from behind and passed me, I don't know how he did it. I have always hate the PT loser, and now i hate it even more.
Mopar stage 3 turbo kit. The PT Cruiser shares the same engine as the SRT-4. It's like an SRT-4 minivan IMHO.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 03:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
Mopar stage 3 turbo kit. The PT Cruiser shares the same engine as the SRT-4. It's like an SRT-4 minivan IMHO.
NAWWW, most likely NOS. Or one with a modifed tranny and an aftermart turbo kit. Chrysler didn't offer the S2 for the PT much less the S3. Oneproblem being the PT autostick tranny was only rated at 280ftlbs torque max and it wouldn't take much more than that without being heavily modified. The manual tranny version was different but then you would start to run into axle problems as you increased HP. Either way, the guy spent some $$$ to get it to run like that.

ex 2003 PT cruiser GT owner

m~
Old Oct 20, 2005, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jasburbak
I guess these kind of threads have been talked all over individually, but what are the stock Evo's worthy rivals?

this kid bet me $100 ( i know its nothing, but a free turbo timer in the end that his stock '00 Mustang GT would smoke me...the thing is, he's never even heard of an Evo..he said there is no way a 4 cylinder car can beat him..

although he doensnt know hes in for a suprise, i was questioning who else can i take advantage of?
Ok, coworker at my soon-to-be-ex-job here in NJ has a 03 GT 5-sp (full link suspension rear, and side pipes no mufflers (sounds awesome)). We go dragging all the time. Best he as run is 14.6 (dont remember trap speed). Now an Evo in stock trim will run 13.5 or better depending on driver. I ran a 13.01 shifting to high (7400) and slow (granny style), but had a good launch . So take him out the the drag way, stage up, rev up build some boost (or use the 5K limiter if you have an 05), use proper launch techs (search), and you will own him by a sec or so.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by prospectevoER
No, they can run 13.1 stock.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bfdd
Why would I say skylines? They aren't in the US. Also, we can beat stock Supras.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Warrtlon from your first reply about "Acuras - Not NSX"

From my understanding NSX does about the same stock quarter mile time as stock Evo's.

Are the newest ones much more powerful, or something?
Old Oct 20, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIII_SFL
Warrtlon from your first reply about "Acuras - Not NSX"

From my understanding NSX does about the same stock quarter mile time as stock Evo's.

Are the newest ones much more powerful, or something?
The first NSXs (1990-around 1993) would turn in blistering quarter mile times of around 13.70s-13.90s.

As time went on, and power was increased, they would eventually clock in around 12.90-13.20.

Either way, for $90,000, they're major underachievers.

Quick Reply: Worthy rivals for stock Evo?