Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Worthy rivals for stock Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2005, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
The first NSXs (1990-around 1993) would turn in blistering quarter mile times of around 13.70s-13.90s.

As time went on, and power was increased, they would eventually clock in around 12.90-13.20.

Either way, for $90,000, they're major underachievers.

i smoked one at the track the other day and im stock
Old Oct 20, 2005, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

The last gen NSX has no problem running low 13's, high 12's in stock form. An avg. driver in an evo, and a avg. driver in the NSX and the NSX will take the evo from a dig. The NSX should pass the evo around high 2nd gear or somewhere in 3rd gear. Also, the NSX has a better power-to-weight ratio against the evo.

Also, don't let that 13.7 quater-mile time of the skyline fool you. That's what nissan states, it's widely known the R34 GT-R can diffentially run faster. If you can find some japanese or euro vidoes, the GT-R can run low 13's and can even get high 12's bone stock. Even thou the GT-R was hinder by the japanese industry standard of 276hp at the time, the rb26dett was actully putting out 320hp.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a dvd on the evos and when going around a road course against the sti and nsx and nismo 350Z the JDM Mr and Gsr where the two fastest on the track. in quarter mile time, i bet in my stock 03 8, i can beat a stock NSX.

matter of fact there is an NSX arond my town, so how about this, I will try to do this as quickly as possible. I will will race this guy if I can get him to do it, and i will even try to video it.

It may take me awhile to find him but I see him about 5 times a month.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by James
I have a dvd on the evos and when going around a road course against the sti and nsx and nismo 350Z the JDM Mr and Gsr where the two fastest on the track. in quarter mile time, i bet in my stock 03 8, i can beat a stock NSX.

matter of fact there is an NSX arond my town, so how about this, I will try to do this as quickly as possible. I will will race this guy if I can get him to do it, and i will even try to video it.

It may take me awhile to find him but I see him about 5 times a month.
Just because Evos may be the fastest on an "Evo video" doesn't mean that they're going to be faster than every STi, 350Z, NSX, etc. on the track. There's always someone faster.

Last week I watched an Auto-X in my area, and a heavily modded Evo got TRASHED by a last generation Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. I have no clue what that 2.5 RS had done to it, but he beat EVERYONE around the course by AT LEAST 1.5 seconds.

Every time I've seen this guy in the 2.5 RS run, he's had the fastest time of anyone during the day.....
Old Oct 22, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Just because Evos may be the fastest on an "Evo video" doesn't mean that they're going to be faster than every STi, 350Z, NSX, etc. on the track. There's always someone faster.

Last week I watched an Auto-X in my area, and a heavily modded Evo got TRASHED by a last generation Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS. I have no clue what that 2.5 RS had done to it, but he beat EVERYONE around the course by AT LEAST 1.5 seconds.

Every time I've seen this guy in the 2.5 RS run, he's had the fastest time of anyone during the day.....
those Subarus can get nasty in Auto-X. The guy driving is probably a machine too..
Old Oct 22, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pyrovice
those Subarus can get nasty in Auto-X. The guy driving is probably a machine too..
I have a feeling that the guy was pretty good, which of course, helped with a nice setup as well. He seemed to be the "conversation of the day."

It was clear that he took it seriously. He was data logging, and had a video camera attached to his roof, etc. It just appeared that he was really "into it," and a bit more serious than some of the rest of the guys. Everyone else seemed to be there for the social aspect, more than anything else. He seemed to be under the dashboard and hood of his car instead.

Aside from this thing just handling awesome, it sounded pretty nasty, and appeared to have some pretty quick acceleration; much faster than what a 2.5 RS normally would be. The "GC8"bodystyle 2.5 RS would be lucky to cut a 16.0 in the 1/4 mile. This thing looked significantly faster.