Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hks ssqv bov sound clip

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zectasy
if there was some 5k mod that people started doing to their car that actually reduced their hp by 100whp...who cares...let them do it...yah it sucks and yah it obviously shows that they are stupid but there should be more love on this forum for the fact that everyone on here loves the same car
no, that's RETARDED. And I will call you out on it if you do that. Retards get butthurt when they get called out. Who's fault is it? The retard's.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also i realize that the evo is a enthusiast car and its a legend for all the jdm heads...but you guys also need to realize that these cars are only 30k...the market they are aiming for i believe is mostly people under 30-35....anyone who has one of these that are 35 or older is gonna have a different taste for certain mods and they will also most likely be envious of someone younger than them driving the same car and might hate on them...i know when im in my 30s a evo would be way out of the question and my league...i will be more into exotics or maybe a car like a g35 with a tt setup or something more luxurious...not a mitsubishi.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

does anyone have a clip of the aps with recirculate? that looks like a good setup!!!!
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

also i realize that the evo is a enthusiast car and its a legend for all the jdm heads...but you guys also need to realize that these cars are only 30k...the market they are aiming for i believe is mostly people under 30-35....anyone who has one of these that are 35 or older is gonna have a different taste for certain mods and they will also most likely be envious of someone younger than them driving the same car and might hate on them...i know when im in my 30s a evo would be way out of the question and my league...i will be more into exotics or maybe a car like a g35 with a tt setup or something more luxurious...not a mitsubishi.
You are missing the point. Enviousness is far from the feeling the older/mature crowd gets from your "mods." Disgust and embarrassment is closer to the feeling.

An Evo out of your league at 35? WTF?!! You make no sense.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:38 PM

Exactly .. allot of old school kats getting evos and there main aim is speed ... younger generation will get there .. but for now leave us let us enjoy our LOUD Bov and Spooling Turbos ....

The evo was not made for you old Kats .. It has a Big Wing on it that alone should have turned off you old guys ...
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

im trying to say that certain people shouldnt always hate on peoples mods...everyone is different so who gives a ****....and also im saying people like warrtalon might hate a lil bit more because hes a older guy with a evo....it would suck to be over 30-35 and drive a mitsu...my *** will be in a ferrari or something comparable.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
You are missing the point. Enviousness is far from the feeling the older/mature crowd gets from your "mods." Disgust and embarrassment is closer to the feeling.

An Evo out of your league at 35? WTF?!! You make no sense.

Yeah I'm not one for flaming somebody, but that was a bad comment. Basically what he's trying to say is that something like an Evo gears more towards the younger crowd. But to be honest, there aren't that many younger people out there that actually make enough money to afford an Evo. I'm 23 and doing well compared to most people my age. So if you think about it, the fun factor may gear towards younger people, but the price does not. 35K is NOT a cheap car by no means. Hell for 35K I should at LEAST have cruise control. hahahaha!!!
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HksSSq
Exactly .. allot of old school kats getting evos and there main aim is speed ... younger generation will get there .. but for now leave us let us enjoy our LOUD Bov and Spooling Turbos ....

The evo was not made for you old Kats .. It has a Big Wing on it that alone should have turned off you old guys ...

eh id have to disagree...i got a friend who is 18 with a 10sec camaro...loves speed is soooo knowledgable...all im saying is everyone is different and whether or not your car is fast or not older guys with the same car might hate on a younger kid because they are jealous....and all im saying is the evo is a fun car and can smoke exotics if modded lightly but its the fact that its a 30k car and not luxurious at all and kinda makes older people look bad...
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HksSSq

That's the whole problem. We ("old Kats" in the late 20s) realize it's functional, and we realize the purpose of the car. The purpose of the Evo is not to run around like a riceboy showing off at "meets" while purging the retarded VTA BOV and making whooshing spool noises with our shiny intakes. No, the purpose of this car was to race, and that's what I do with it. I also modify parts that make it more menacing while racing. When I see kids with way more mods than I have but that are way slower, it just makes me shake my head in bewilderment. The Evo SHOULD be an icon of racing precision, but instead it is becoming a ricer toy. This is a bad thing...

Again, you have no Evo, so why do you keep posting here? It's truly annoying. You say to "now leave us let us enjoy our LOUD Bov and Spooling Turbos" when you don't have an Evo. I could care less if you drive around like that in your POS 95 Integra or heinous Corolla. Those cars were meant to be owned and driven by ricers like yourself, but not the Evo.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

im trying to say that certain people shouldnt always hate on peoples mods...everyone is different so who gives a ****....and also im saying people like warrtalon might hate a lil bit more because hes a older guy with a evo....it would suck to be over 30-35 and drive a mitsu...my *** will be in a ferrari or something comparable.
in a ferrari at 30-35? You must be one of the cup is half full guys The Evo is one of the greatest cars of our time...who cares how old you are.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

eh id have to disagree...i got a friend who is 18 with a 10sec camaro...loves speed is soooo knowledgable...all im saying is everyone is different and whether or not your car is fast or not older guys with the same car might hate on a younger kid because they are jealous....and all im saying is the evo is a fun car and can smoke exotics if modded lightly but its the fact that its a 30k car and not luxurious at all and kinda makes older people look bad...

Jealousy is not determined by age. As a matter of fact a lot of the "older" crowd as you put it, are aggravated by us young hotheads who love speed, appearance, and sound.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Assassin
Yeah I'm not one for flaming somebody, but that was a bad comment. Basically what he's trying to say is that something like an Evo gears more towards the younger crowd. But to be honest, there aren't that many younger people out there that actually make enough money to afford an Evo. I'm 23 and doing well compared to most people my age. So if you think about it, the fun factor may gear towards younger people, but the price does not. 35K is NOT a cheap car by no means. Hell for 35K I should at LEAST have cruise control. hahahaha!!!

i agree with you...the look of the car looks like a mid 20 sumthin car or younger but the price is def aimed at older people...at least most older people...but all im saying is being older than 35-40 and with a evo i would be kinda embarrased to drive it even if it ran 10s...
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Right, at 30-35, you'll be driving a Ferrari. This is the same guy who is 21 with a kid but not married? And what awesome thing do you do for a living that will make you a millionaire at the age of 30? I mean, I do quite well for myself as a recently-turned-30-year-old, but there's no way I could even think about a Ferrari. Whatever you do that will make that much money must not be something that requires advanced intelligence.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

i agree with you...the look of the car looks like a mid 20 sumthin car or younger but the price is def aimed at older people...at least most older people...but all im saying is being older than 35-40 and with a evo i would be kinda embarrased to drive it even if it ran 10s...
maybe that's just the ricer outlook on things...VTA BOVs on Evos are hella cool and hella tyte, but owning an Evo at 35-40 is embarrassing. Keep bling blangin yo.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Right, at 30-35, you'll be driving a Ferrari. This is the same guy who is 21 with a kid but not married? And what awesome thing do you do for a living that will make you a millionaire at the age of 30? I mean, I do quite well for myself as a recently-turned-30-year-old, but there's no way I could even think about a Ferrari. Whatever you do that will make that much money must not be something that requires advanced intelligence.

Now if we wanted to pin a car to an age group, we'll say that someone in the 30+ range would be more interested in an E46 M3. That would be more feasible than a ferrari. But either way, an Evo is NOT a toy and wasn't meant for blowing off on grandma in her buick. It IS a racing ICON (although I don't race mine.)

Quick Reply: hks ssqv bov sound clip