Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

R.i.p. Evo- No Longer :(

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2005 | 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

its ok, but never will it compare to a jap spec r34 and really if this new skyline comes out here, expect only older men to be driving it. because of the fact its going to be around 70 -80 grand. i'll stick to my evo.
Old Oct 22, 2005 | 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Im sorry, but comparing this car to the evo makes no sense to me. Youre comparing an affordable car to an expensive car. Hello? How can you make that comparison? This car is porsche, m5 competition, not evo competition. The only similarities here are awd and a turbo layout, but the rest is quite different.

The evo is far more practical (4 doors), is fast enough (honestly whos gonna need 500hp plus unless its strictly for the track/strip?) and half the price. If you ask me, for 90k ill take a modded evo as my fun car and a pimped out escalade as my daily driver...best of both worlds for the same amount of money spent
Old Oct 22, 2005 | 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
forget the evo 10...

thats what i say
Old Oct 22, 2005 | 12:36 PM

I like it. Will never be able to afford it.
Old Oct 22, 2005 | 01:19 PM

I read in SCC that it will be released here in the states in 06 as an 07 badged as an Infinity GT-R. As far as price is concerned, I have not a clue.

But for the money and all out performance have you guys seen the Atom 2? www.arielatom.com/ariel/site.php Watch the vid! This thing only has 300hp and turns laps almost as fast as an Enzo! 47K base 300hp model and 74K with all of the options! Coming to the states near you!

Jesse
Old Oct 22, 2005 | 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by g3tpwn3d
I read in SCC that it will be released here in the states in 06 as an 07 badged as an Infinity GT-R. As far as price is concerned, I have not a clue.

But for the money and all out performance have you guys seen the Atom 2? www.arielatom.com/ariel/site.php Watch the vid! This thing only has 300hp and turns laps almost as fast as an Enzo! 47K base 300hp model and 74K with all of the options! Coming to the states near you!

Jesse
Um... yeah. First, that's in the same class as teh new GTR. They both have 4 wheels, so I guess they're in the car class.

Second, that's a track car. And before you say it's not a race car, it's a street car... It might be in England, but it isn't here. Unless they're slipping it by as some kind of kit car or something, it doesn't even come close to being street legal here. Sucks, because it's bad ***, but I really can't see it ever being streetable in the US.

Comparing that car to the GTR is like *****ing about an Elise's towing capacity or an MR2's small back seat.
Old Oct 22, 2005 | 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Low 40s, hahahahah. It will not ruin evos much since they're in a whole different price range, if that were true the m3 and porche would ruin evos too, but they dont.
Old Oct 22, 2005 | 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

good bye evo, enzo is here!
Old Oct 22, 2005 | 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wave
Um... yeah. First, that's in the same class as teh new GTR. They both have 4 wheels, so I guess they're in the car class.

Second, that's a track car. And before you say it's not a race car, it's a street car... It might be in England, but it isn't here. Unless they're slipping it by as some kind of kit car or something, it doesn't even come close to being street legal here. Sucks, because it's bad ***, but I really can't see it ever being streetable in the US.

Comparing that car to the GTR is like *****ing about an Elise's towing capacity or an MR2's small back seat.
"First" Who said it wasn't in the car class?
"Second" There is already a North American Dealer www.brammo.com/content.php?content.17

Why isn't it close to being street legal?

I wasn't comparing anything! I was just saying that it's badass much like the GT-R! But if you want to compare, it runs 0-60 in 2.9 and I'd put money on it that it would murder the new GT-R at the track!
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

does anyone else feel like this is a big risk market for nissan, i mean they can totally afford it right now cuz they're on top fo their game. and ti's a good thing for all other companies cuz the jdm supercars will come to america one by one, not that anyone else is even making a supercar right now.

anyway, does anyone know for sure if the c6 z06 is targa or not? i see the weather stripping in the back of the roof, but is that just there because? please tell me it's a fixed roof.
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

I think this is great for Nissan, Obviously from the return of the Z, they've acknowledged that theres a direct tie in relating to sales and having a flagship super sports car. Its an image thing otherwise. And i swear to god, if they bring the skyline GTR over and slap the infinity logo on it, I'm gonna run around with dental floss and a hairdryer and debadge all the ones in my area and replace them with skyline stickers.
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, check out this hot new widebody celica
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by superflyevo
thats what i say
Oh yeah, let's get a $70,000 car to replace my $30,000 car. Let's be real, that car is another price range and serves a different market.

Fred
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

ok.. so this car might cost as much as the z06.. and have the same performance.. but which will be worth more in 10 years... im sorry but im not gonna own every rednecks dream car which wont be worth crap in a couple years.. I garuntee you the skylines re sell will be insanity! This car will be much more coveted then the Supra... not to mention the superior grip it will have with the AWD.. making it a more practical high hp road car. Try driving the blue devil in the rain.

If you want something exotic with high end performance to cruise around the city in.. this is an awesome car.. I drove past a c6 z06 on my way out of the lemans at leguna seca last week.. and the car was nothing to gawk about..not really a head turner like the skyline is.

Last edited by bdking57; Oct 28, 2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2005 | 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

I would sell my soul.............for a R34 GTR