Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Did Anyone Actually Get 0% Fin.. On A Evo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Anyone Actually Get 0% Fin.. On A Evo

How could your credit be that good??? I have never known anyone that got 0% financing
Old Oct 21, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8
How could your credit be that good??? I have never known anyone that got 0% financing
Many people did. Do a search. If you make 120k a year and have a 7000 sq ft house with only a $1900 mortgage, your credit should be over 700, which is good enough.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:22 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

I got 0%...

I don't own a house but I also don't owe any credit cards, no loans, live at home currently with the parents.

The dealer said I had a credit score over 800 which is supposed to be pretty good.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

We got 0% - the deal was too good to pass up. The credit review was not that intense.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZK
I got 0%...

I don't own a house but I also don't owe any credit cards, no loans, live at home currently with the parents.

The dealer said I had a credit score over 800 which is supposed to be pretty good.
Interesting. People with no credit cards or loans don't have good credit and can't qualify for such loans. If you live at home with your parents and have not shown that you can pay off large loans over an extended amount of time while also responsibly paying off revolving debt (credit card debt) on time each month, then there's no way you have 800. Did your parents co-sign or something? Btw, over 800 is just about perfect. Mine is 776, which is great, but not perfect. We get pinged for always switching to a new 0% CC each year.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

WARRTALON IS A EXPERT ON EVERYTHING.... ;0 funny he is a 21 yr old kid probably living in cheap apt somewhere in a white trash neighborhood.. silly rabbit trix are for kids
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:33 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Interesting. People with no credit cards or loans don't have good credit and can't qualify for such loans. If you live at home with your parents and have not shown that you can pay off large loans over an extended amount of time while also responsibly paying off revolving debt (credit card debt) on time each month, then there's no way you have 800. Did your parents co-sign or something? Btw, over 800 is just about perfect. Mine is 776, which is great, but not perfect. We get pinged for always switching to a new 0% CC each year.
Hehe, well I'm not as young as it sounds. I used to live on my own but a recent job change has moved me back to home for the time being as housing is expensive here.

I've paid off a new car purchase before, paid off 10K in credit cards and nearly 10 years of credit history.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

WARRTALON IS A EXPERT ON EVERYTHING.... ;0 funny he is a 21 yr old kid probably living in cheap apt somewhere in a white trash neighborhood.. silly rabbit trix are for kids
Well, you could ask everyone in the Dc Evo Club if you really think that.

What does "trix" have to do with anything? That was probably the most retarded comment I've seen you make yet (and that's saying a lot).
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZK
Hehe, well I'm not as young as it sounds. I used to live on my own but a recent job change has moved me back to home for the time being as housing is expensive here.

I've paid off a new car purchase before, paid off 10K in credit cards and nearly 10 years of credit history.
Then your first post was intentionally misleading. The fact that you live at home, have no CC debt, and own no home has nothing to do with your 800 score. The 800 score comes from everything you just mentioned here. Now people know what they need to do to get a good score as opposed to thinking they can live at home with mommy with no credit cards or previous loans paid.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:46 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Then your first post was intentionally misleading. The fact that you live at home, have no CC debt, and own no home has nothing to do with your 800 score. The 800 score comes from everything you just mentioned here. Now people know what they need to do to get a good score as opposed to thinking they can live at home with mommy with no credit cards or previous loans paid.
Yes, I would say you have to have a good credit history to have a good credit score .. also debt vs income. The fact that I had no debt probably helped as well.

As for the 10K in credit cards, I NEVER want to go there again. I ran up most of it during college... Pure torture for 4 years to pay that off. Advice to anyone modding cars: don't do it if you don't have the cash and need to charge it!
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

I also got it have a 750 credit score.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't get 0% on an Evo, but when Subaru was running 1.9% specials, I did get that. My wife is also on the loan. You know how that wife/husband stuff is. Everybody has to be on the damned loan.

Anyway, my credit score was a 798, and my wife's credit score was a 790.

I worked in credit counseling, so I have some insight on how to get and keep a good credit score.

Ditch store credit cards. Ditch cards you don't use. Don't have too many cards. Make all your payments on time.

Everyone thinks that just because you make all your payments on time that you'll have great credit, but that's not always the case. Sure, it most definitely has a lot to do with your credit score, but the credit bureau doesn't like to see an over-abundance of cards, or open unused credit.

My advice: Have maybe 2 or 3 open cards. DO NOT MAX OUT. Pay off your card debt EVERY MONTH.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

i got it, live at home, just graduated college, some nice student loans, only had my job for a month at the time. last i checked my credit score was around 730 but that was about a year ago. i've had credit cards for 4 years, never carry a balance, and the previous 2 years to this i made car payments every month, some months in advance because i was going out of the country. 0% wasn't that hard to get (obviously, look at me)
Old Oct 21, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jred321
i got it, live at home, just graduated college, some nice student loans, only had my job for a month at the time. last i checked my credit score was around 730 but that was about a year ago. i've had credit cards for 4 years, never carry a balance, and the previous 2 years to this i made car payments every month, some months in advance because i was going out of the country. 0% wasn't that hard to get (obviously, look at me)
Exactly. You just have to keep on top of things and be responsible.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

all you need at the time was a 670 credit score and above.

Quick Reply: Did Anyone Actually Get 0% Fin.. On A Evo