Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best placement for jack to swap wheels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2005, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOTHING BETTER THAN A PIC
Old Oct 24, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AWDTurbo4
NOTHING BETTER THAN A PIC
I AGREE 100%! Even though the Factory Jack cant jack up the entire front or rear of the car like a floor jack can
Old Oct 24, 2005, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

I think the factory jack is a joke. A floor jack is the best safest way to jack up the car. You need to jack the car up from the subframe of the car right behind the front a arms works great there is a frame rail there. From what ive seen if you use the lip underneath to jack it up I really wouldnt use that ive seen them bent and it looks like **** after a while. Just my 2 sence though use the factory jack if u want to take all day and risk it falling while jacking up your car.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
Just be careful when jacking up the rear using the rear diff. My floor jack's support is too small and would end up mashing the drain plug, so I use a short 2x6 to go between the jack and the diff. Also, if you are using a floor jack ... make sure you use jack stands (duh, right?). The factory jack points are not exactly in the middle of the car, so it will be lifted at an angle.

l8r)
Old Oct 24, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

I Would trust a floor jack a lot more than a factory jack. I still wouldnt ever get underneath the car though.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BoostWhore
I Would trust a floor jack a lot more than a factory jack. I still wouldnt ever get underneath the car though.
+1 Without jackstands that is
Old Oct 24, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

I hope the factory jack stand is better than my jeeps if you guys are praising it so much, mine took FOREVER. Especially since I had to do it in sand and the thing just sunk, had to dig under my tires =/
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

floor jack is definitely safer than factory scissor jack
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BoostWhore
I think the factory jack is a joke. A floor jack is the best safest way to jack up the car. You need to jack the car up from the subframe of the car right behind the front a arms works great there is a frame rail there. From what ive seen if you use the lip underneath to jack it up I really wouldnt use that ive seen them bent and it looks like **** after a while. Just my 2 sence though use the factory jack if u want to take all day and risk it falling while jacking up your car.
Totally Agree!!!!!

Plus you can get a 2 Ton Floor Jack from Advance Auto for $19.99!
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ashton13
When you say two tires at a time do you mean I can do the driver side then the passenger side ? Not do all four corners? I'm thinking I'll have to jack at all four corners. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Thanks
the car is stiff enuff that if you jack up 1 side, the entire side will raise. i use a 3 1/2 ton jack using the jack point just aft of the front fender. i use the mirror & go str8 down to align my jack point. as far as jacking up the rear, I WOULD NOT HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND JACKING UP THE DIFF!!! use the center brace aft of the diff where the Ralliart diff cover would bolt in. you can raise the car safely there. i then use jack stands along the rails of the car under the doors. or i use ramps ($24 @ Checker auto) for the front & then jack up the rear when i can't get to the shop.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
the car is stiff enuff that if you jack up 1 side, the entire side will raise. i use a 3 1/2 ton jack using the jack point just aft of the front fender. i use the mirror & go str8 down to align my jack point. as far as jacking up the rear, I WOULD NOT HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND JACKING UP THE DIFF!!! use the center brace aft of the diff where the Ralliart diff cover would bolt in. you can raise the car safely there. i then use jack stands along the rails of the car under the doors. or i use ramps ($24 @ Checker auto) for the front & then jack up the rear when i can't get to the shop.
I dunno, man. I looked at that center brace, and I'm not really comfortable using it as a jack point.

l8r)