Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is the Evo easy to drive?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2005, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more thing you will miss is the shifter... S2k provides one of the best shifting experiences, but Evo's shifter feels somewhat dull to me... It doens't really have any mechanical feel to it. Don't flame me for saying this but that's what I felt after testing driving 05 GSR. The turbo lag seemed minimal and the ride was way better than I expected. I actually thought the ride was just about right. Not too harsh, and just right amount of feel of the road. I'm seriously thinking about trading my G in for one...

Anyway, S2k is a totally different car compared to Evo. Go test drive one and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Is the Evo easy to drive?
fast, yes... slow, no
Old Oct 26, 2005, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

I didnt see any difficulties when driving the evo for the first time, and I thought it was rather dd friendly.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks again for the insight guys!
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:27 PM

I'll probably just repeat what people have said but I did have an S2K for 3 years before I got the EVO. The S2K does shift way better and clutch is a bit lighter and had a better engagement. Most of my driving is commuting in traffic and I found the S2K a little easier to drive simply because of the clutch. One change I did have to make was to constantly remind myself to not release the clutch out too fast when shifting (unless I wanted to hear a nice clunk from the drivetrain). As for the ride, I don't find it much different than my 02 S2K. They're both pretty stiffly sprung anyway. Oh yeah, the EVO is quieter on the inside also and I never have to worry about any cigarettes getting thrown into my car or pebbles hitting me in the face (yes, it happened twice in my S2K...hence no more convertibles for me).
Old Oct 29, 2005, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by SpoolinEvoVIII
Oh yeah, the EVO is quieter on the inside also and I never have to worry about any cigarettes getting thrown into my car or pebbles hitting me in the face (yes, it happened twice in my S2K...hence no more convertibles for me).
man are you serious? hahaha. BTW Evo is ez to drive. I like the s2k tranny also. and gotta love the vtec at 9000 rpm with straight pipe exhaust header haha. I think S2k is a better cornering machine due to lightweight. Evo is like...don't understeer or hard to correct it. I have couple friends with s2k. One of them is gutted out and has been racing in the scca. I drove that car like a few laps and it felt very light and neutral/a lil over sometimes feeling but the engine sounded so freaking nice.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

they are completely different cars: awd v rwd. i don't have much say in this because i've not had that much experience driving stick, but one thing i can say is that the evo's clutch catch point is near immaculate. what i mean is, while i was learning stick with fwd (rsx-s, mazda6, civic si, accord v6), rwd (g35, rx8) and awd (wrx, legacy, evo), i found awds easier for me to drive compared to the others. i especially had a difficult time feeling the hondas' clutch engagement thus causing me to stall unremittingly. the awds definitely have a more firm and solid feel (i have yet to stall in an evo). so overall it's just a preference, but once you get it down through time and practice and adjust im sure you'll be glad you switched. gL