Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Im seriously starting to hate my evo..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:01 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
nah 03's were 3yrs or 36k whichever came first.
I just looked in the 03 warranty manual and it says the powertrain warranty is 5 yrs/60k. Either way, I hope it's nothing serious.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
thats the truth....ive been into cars for a little while now...thats no new news to me...but what i dont understand is why............. i havent touched anything, or done anything different .
Stop assuming grab a flash light and check for yourself. With the amount of oil comming out of the car, you probally lost the oil filter or the drain plug. When was the last time your oil was changed? Was you car placed on a lift recently for any reason?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CDO
I just looked in the 03 warranty manual and it says the powertrain warranty is 5 yrs/60k. Either way, I hope it's nothing serious.
I agree 100%, the 03 model year has a 5 yr/60,000 mile powertrain warranty which covers the engine. You are still under warranty if it is the engine.

Also, what smogrunner was referring to (or at least my interpretation) is not that the oil dip stick itself isn't pulled out, but the sheathing that the oil stick slides into is pulled out. The sheathing mates to the block/oil pan via a small rubber o-ring, and the sheating may have pulled out way down by the oil pan. Your oil dip stick will look like it's pushed in all the way, but your leak will be down by the oil pan.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm...i dunno...i guess ill see at the dealership... Nope the last thing done to my car guys, was an oil change at the dealership about 2000 miles ago...just about 3 weeks ago.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

ok.....i just looked too... it says 3/36k new vehicle limited warranty (what is this), 5/60k powertrain, and 7/100k paint etc.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shinka
We in the US *****ed for 5 years + for Mitsubishi to bring the EVO to the US and now all people can do is complain. Its not just you man but damn if we keep complaining were going to keep getting passed up on the good cars.
Somehow, I doubt that if we complain on this forum they will no longer bing cars to the US.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
3/36 is bumper to bumper
Old Oct 28, 2005, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

alright, im driving a 04 Lancer Ralliart right now...my car is at the dealership...I went outside this morn and looked on my driveway. Antifreeze EVERYWHERE...., but no loss of oil or loss of antifreeze from what i can tell by checking underhood. So i get to the dealership and we put it on a rack. The whole underside is covered in OIL. , but now no sign of antifreeze leak....What gives. Oil is everywhere for sure though. Anyways, they are thinking it is a rear main seal, they are going to pressure test my car to try to find the leak, but it looked like it may be coming from the inspection cover next to the flywheel. (which might be why my clutch is being really noisy, if its a rear main seal)... Ill keep u guys updated. Ralliarts rule!!! *sarcasm*
Old Oct 28, 2005, 08:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Unless something dramatic happened, Evos don't just leak oil like that. With Antifreeze AND oil, sounds like you broke something on your motor.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
Unless something dramatic happened, Evos don't just leak oil like that. With Antifreeze AND oil, sounds like you broke something on your motor.

they are thinking rear main seal gave out, there is no sign of anti freeze leak this morn at the dealership, but its all in my driveway. Only oil leak sign at the dealership, but its EVERYWHERE under my car. I dont know...i just left it with em, so who knows what will happen..Ill let yall know. The odd thing is, i havent touched or modded anything in a LONG time. it just decided to be gay i guess.