Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Motor Trend STI(06)vsEVOMR(06)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOGOD21
you should get the bestmotoring dvd's and you will see who is always the winner,and they are using the sti spec c faster than the us sti!! check the one is called enduro challenge and evo strikes back
Yeah there is no comparison between the USDM STi and JDM STi especially not the Spec-C. The JDM STi 2.0L responds much better to mods and has a much larger aftermarket.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Hey, i must agree, the Subaru used to be sexy lookin, but now, its just plain ugly.. they screwed this one up bad.. Hey, Evo Neil, honestly, ive been wondering this for a long time, dont you think Motor Trend is a little bit leaned toward boosting the rating for American cars? you know, overrating them and stuff...?
Old Oct 28, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasburbak
Hey, i must agree, the Subaru used to be sexy lookin, but now, its just plain ugly.. they screwed this one up bad.. Hey, Evo Neil, honestly, ive been wondering this for a long time, dont you think Motor Trend is a little bit leaned toward boosting the rating for American cars? you know, overrating them and stuff...?
I think our Aussie Editor-in-Chief would disagree with you on that. We have a much more global view than at any time in our past.

Last edited by EVO Neil; Oct 28, 2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:47 PM
Huy

Originally Posted by Kordwood
They both look ridiculous, but the Subaru's styling is definitely going the wrong way.
Haha, i'm going to second this.

Both cars can look incredibly hot, yet at some angles look painfully ugly.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOGOD21
you should get the bestmotoring dvd's and you will see who is always the winner,and they are using the sti spec c faster than the us sti!! check the one is called enduro challenge and evo strikes back
if you use anything bestmotoring says to make a choice than you are in big trouble. best motoring is a nice show and thats it. their tests are always flawed (so many drivers with differnet skills) and they always tend to pick the newest car to the market or the car that the show is on. they had an old video with the RX-7 and they chose it over the sti, evo, supra, nsx etc.. than 3 dvds later, they had a test for the evo and they chose it over the rx7.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:26 AM
Huy

Reading reviews, watching videos is all good and sweet, but i wouldn't make my judgement based on them. I've always believed it's the driver that makes things happen, there may be something that i personally bring to my STi that made it a better choice than the EVO.
I'd imagine it's the same with EVO drivers who bring an element of their style that suits the car that consequently has a good effect.

IMO it's those little things that you should base your choice on, and what you feel from actually driving them. There may be that one little thing about the car that pulls you over the line.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWDrift07
Wacky? Have you seen the Evo VIII's seats? That's whacky!
Thats why ya gotta get the leather!
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:48 PM

Article

EDIT: Evo Neil asked me to remove the pics, everyone go out and buy a copy (or subscription ) for yourselves!

This makes my decision MUCH harder

I did laugh out loud when I read: "Yes, the hard-core Evo and STI fans who spend hours in their respective online forums might feel a nuance here and there..." Funny that probably 99% of people who read this can relate, and others have no idea what that means :P

Last edited by SubaruFlamingo; Oct 30, 2005 at 07:14 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

They're both nice cars, can't go wrong with either one.

I prefer the looks of the Evo IX, especially with the Ralliart lip. The STi does have a nicer interior though. Too bad that new front bumper is hideous, and the 2.5l is not as easy to modify.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

I think it comes down to the driver
Old Oct 29, 2005, 01:53 PM

Eh...I'm in the market for a new car. This news doesn't bode well for my fragile mind, lol. I might have to own both just to satisfy my lead foot urges. STI daily driver...Evo track, mod monster. /sigh I can see my bank account being drained already.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

that was actually a decent article.

i would like to drive an STi with the close ratio steering rack and to see if the syncros feel any different...forget who makes one but its like 1k or so.

sometimes i miss my STi, but im stuck on the evo now. my next car will be a IX RS or MR.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 04:06 PM

I really should want the STI, but the Evo is seducing with its good looks.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

wonder how the Evo will come out in the comparison test if the 5k rev limiter was removed.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

we all know these are both awesome cars in a very close price range with extremely close times and we should all admit stock for stock its all about the driver..but mods for mods well with the 06's thats the cool part its yet to be seen.........

Quick Reply: Motor Trend STI(06)vsEVOMR(06)