Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Motor Trend STI(06)vsEVOMR(06)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Subby guys have the same issues we have ......but they do get great warranty work done even on modded cars.

I also get warranty work done but I have to kiss **** to get it.

The 06 STI may be a better car who knows......but to me its not easy on the eyes.

If you could take a poll I'm sure 90% of the people asked would say the EVO is sexier than the STI.

Also the 4G63 is just an all around better motor to work with.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got the mag and i guess motor trend got paid off by subaru
Old Oct 31, 2005, 03:23 PM

Now, considering how close the competition is each go-round between these two cars, folks ... can't we all just get along Both cars are good, the majority of Suby guys give props to Evos and vice-versa from what I've seen... which is cool.

And, yes, for the record (b/c someone asked), the STi comes with 225/45/17's ... Bridgestone RE-070's. We only got 8" wide rims in '05.

<--- '05 STi owner, former '04 WRX owner, likes Evo's too... almost got one... it's a fantastic car... I just prefer Subaru's brand of 'ugly' I guess...b/c really, since when did a rally car have to be svelte and so on... boxy and ugly == teh hard-core!

y'all have fun!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
The Subby guys have the same issues we have ......but they do get great warranty work done even on modded cars.

I also get warranty work done but I have to kiss **** to get it.

The 06 STI may be a better car who knows......but to me its not easy on the eyes.

If you could take a poll I'm sure 90% of the people asked would say the EVO is sexier than the STI.

Also the 4G63 is just an all around better motor to work with.
sometimes yes, sometimes no... on the Suby warranty stuff... I have heard of denials before though. But, having read these Evo forums off and on for a while (just joined to post in this thread), y'all seem to have more warranty issues unfortunately. That's a shame too... I think more Evo owners would autox if they weren't worried about getting screwed on the warranty (like someone above posted.. getting accused of autox'ing when they didn't!).

I've been going only for about a year or so (and still can't drive worth a flip!), but I rarely see Evo's out in my area autox vs. a sea of Subies (then again, knowing those Subies and their owners, they gave up hope of warranty coverage long ago! )
Old Oct 31, 2005, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
As of right now if I HAD to buy one or the other it would be the evo. Reason being is because i know the evo and STi well but the 06 sti seems kinda ugly and the evo got better looking and a somewhat better interior. I'm not gona take a bath in 10 grand to get a new car this year, maybe next year but idk yet. Both have improved in good ways, I hope they keep the 4G63 around a few more years so I can get my hands on maybe a 07-08 evo .
Old Oct 31, 2005, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Evo Wins