Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thanks to HB MITSU

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2005, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to HB MITSU

I had purchased a 2003 EVO on July of this year from HB Mitsu with 19000 Miles on it. I was so pumped that i was getting an evo, to the point of where i didnt care about anything else and didnt look at the car carefully. I beleive it was tom who gave me the test drive and i beleive he probably got the commission for my sale. Unfortunately, i should have paid more attention to the car that i was buying.

2000 Miles into owning it.

Im driving down palmdale blvd and all of a sudden i hear a FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP.. im like what the heck, so i pull over and i look and the tread started shredding off the rear passenger tire and the inside was all ripped up because i rode it flat and didnt realize it. So the advan was destroyed. I looked at the tire and it was completely worn out, so was the rear driver, and the front two were like brand new. I called Mitsu, and they basically told me that i could have tracked the car at 1500 miles and that they wouldnt be able to help me. I even took it to a professional tire shop who analysed them and they said they were both overdriven. I understand where they are coming from, but that is the stereotype of buying a used car from mitsu, they blame everything on you. So i have to eat it, and i buy a tire on tirerack for 230$ (Advan)

2000 Miles later.

Driving down palmdale blvd again (another area of it) and i start to hear this bump bump bump bump, so once again im like uhoh, so i pull over, and the bald rear driver tire is shredding on the inside. So i call up HB Mitsu and i talk to tom and i tell him the situation. He tells me to call tomorrow about it. I try to get a hold of him but get ahold of eric instead, i beleive hes the sales manager. I told him my whole situation of how 1 tire went out and now the 2nd has, and there both in the back and that i cannot afford to buy tires for this car especially after i just spent 20k+ for the car. (Its really true). So eric helps me out and not only gives me ONE tire, he gives me TWO for the trouble that ive had, the car has been out of comission for 3 weeks because i had to find money to get the tire + 1 week now the evo has been out of comission because of the other tire. The tires are on there way.

I understand that they have to minimize costs and things like that, but i beleive they were in the wrong for selling me the tires bald like that. But Eric, tom and all of HB mitsu helped me out and did something i didnt expect a Mitsu dealership to do. This is why i think they get alot of peoples business, and this is why they will get my business for the next cars i buy until forever. I love mitsu cars, and this situation almost made me quit mitsu cars all together. Ive had 3 cars all mitsu, and plan to buy a evo 9 soon.

Thank you HB mitsu, youve got my business for life.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats Next time go over the car especially a performance car
Old Oct 28, 2005, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

awesome....my mitsu dealer (york mitsu) is like that theyll help you in any way possible....
Old Oct 28, 2005, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

nice ... hb is a pretty carefree area so yeah ... i think its the ocean breeze
Old Oct 28, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice, yea the younger mitsubishi guys are the same way..
Old Oct 28, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

They should have replaced the worn tires before they sold the car. During a safety on the vehicle they check everything. Most times the dealers are too cheap to fix anything such as belts, tires, fluids or any other random problems. When you sign the contract for the car its a AS IS deal. They get away with this stuff at dealers all the time. The car should have never been put out for sale with the bald tires in the first place.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 03:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by electr0

Thank you HB mitsu, youve got my business for life.
one of the few mitsu dealerships that are good.
hawaii mitsu sucks...anyone want a evo 9 mr for 43k?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

I agree, The Dealership could have got in serious trouble if you were in an accident because of the blowout. Dealers don't just give money away without a very good reason!!!

Originally Posted by RiversideMitsu
They should have replaced the worn tires before they sold the car. During a safety on the vehicle they check everything. Most times the dealers are too cheap to fix anything such as belts, tires, fluids or any other random problems. When you sign the contract for the car its a AS IS deal. They get away with this stuff at dealers all the time. The car should have never been put out for sale with the bald tires in the first place.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

HB Mitsu is the best. I would recommend to any one buying a Evo to go to them. NO MARK ON ALL MR"S.