Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

went to the drags

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
went to the drags

Well, didnt have the night I thought i was gonna have...I was struggling with my launch in a big way. Only got 3 runs as my clutch was starting to smell, and slip.
My best run was 13.902 @ 99.837, my question is that my mph are so low. I launched the car at 4k with a 2.1 60ft and a .478 reaction...what am i doing wrong?? my trap speeds are extreemly low?? I had two other runs that where not even worth posting due to poor driving..i d like to know from some of you who spend time at the drags what i can do to improve and what i could have been doing wrong to get such low mph

thae car in stock with 18's lowerd on springs!!

TIA
Old Oct 30, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

What kind of car and what mods? That's good for a lancer ES. Not so good for an EVO with an GT-30 and Meth injection...
Old Oct 30, 2005, 08:40 AM
Former Vendor

Start by posting this in the 'Drag Racing' section of the forum, you'll probably get more help there with more views.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 08:43 AM
j8
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lukytry
Well, didnt have the night I thought i was gonna have...I was struggling with my launch in a big way. Only got 3 runs as my clutch was starting to smell, and slip.
My best run was 13.902 @ 99.837, my question is that my mph are so low. I launched the car at 4k with a 2.1 60ft and a .478 reaction...what am i doing wrong?? my trap speeds are extreemly low?? I had two other runs that where not even worth posting due to poor driving..i d like to know from some of you who spend time at the drags what i can do to improve and what i could have been doing wrong to get such low mph

thae car in stock with 18's lowerd on springs!!

TIA
You may want to move your post to the drag racing section. You will get a lot more answers to your questions.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Assuming the mods will move this to the drag forum, I will go ahead and answer one point at a time:

1) Your first problem is having 18" rims and springs as your first mods and then bothering to go to the drag strip. If you cared about performance, those wouldn't have been your first mods. I can only imagine how much the rims+tires+springs cost. I'm guessing it's more than I have spent on the mods that have nearly put me in the 11s.

2) I assume it's your first time, especially since you were "launching" from 4k rpm. You can't launch from 4k rpm...not sure why you'd try or where you got that idea. This is why your clutch was smelling (have to slip it hard to launch that low), and is why your best 60' was unmentionable for an Evo. Back to the rims, these are going to make a difficult thing (launching AWD) even more difficult due to the additional rotational mass.

3) Your mph is so low, because you are stock and don't know how to drive yet. Driven properly with a good 60' and good shifting, you would only see 102-103mph at best anyway, so it's not like you're that far off. I don't think your car is underpowered; you just aren't seeing its full potential yet.

4) Your reaction time is irrelevant, so don't worry about that.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He reposted in the Drag Racing forum, so please delete this, mods.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cajun Power
What kind of car and what mods? That's good for a lancer ES. Not so good for an EVO with an GT-30 and Meth injection...
An ES would be lucky to see mid 15s.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lukytry
My best run was 13.902 @ 99.837, my question is that my mph are so low.
depends on the track , cause 99 isnt low for ours