Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Install my Forge Unos MBC and Blitz DTT...pics

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2005, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Install my Forge Unos MBC and Blitz DTT...pics

I don't know if these pics will work.. noobie.. sorry.

The Blitz DTT I chose due to it's dual functionality (even though it reads boost in Hecto Kilopascals). It serves it's purpose and has a peak hold function. Most boost gauges with peak hold are $300.00 or more. I had no problems at all installing this. It only took about a half hour (with the optional hks/blitz plug and play harness). I didn't bother hooking up the E-brake switch.. which I still may do later.

The Forge Unos mbc is a nice piece. When it first installed it I used the stiffer spring (in hopes that I wouldn't have to turn it a million times before I got to my
desired boost). But it didn't seem to work correctly. I would spike differently each time and it would be different spike depending on load. Then boost would taper ridiculously. IE. Spike at 24 psi then drop to 12 psi. I swear it put the spring in correctly (properly seated over the little post..not just sitting on top of it). So after and hour of trying to tune it, I gave up. I installed the soft spring it came with. Drove it around for and hour and had it dialed in prefectly. Spiking at 21 psi and tapering to 18 psi.

I don't know why people knock on the little mouting brackets that the Forge comes with. I think it worked out perfectly , in a very easily accesible spot.
I had to drill a little hole in it, but that took 2 seconds. I didn't use the location on the head like the pictures of the forge that are floating around this forum. I think that a really poor location. I wanted to hide it. But I decided on ease and practicality instead.

Old Oct 30, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no offence but that is too valuable space for a DTT. radio, gauges, something important should go there.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mump
no offence but that is too valuable space for a DTT. radio, gauges, something important should go there.
he can always add stuff later on
Old Oct 30, 2005, 01:16 PM

Radio is re-located to the bottom. I plan on adding 3 more gauges. One right next to the DTT and 2 on the A pillar. I put the DTT there because I can read it and use it very easily. I've see where other people have put theirs, and I don't really like where they put them.
Like evo il8 said.. I can always add stuff on later or move it if I need more space.