Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Would you buy a new EVO IX @ Invoice?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8
If Any Of You Were Smart You Would Wait For The Totally Udated And Improved X,the Ix Is A Waste Of Money If You Already OWN A Evo.
He won't get the same deal he's getting now if he waits. I say go for the Invoice price, congrats on the dealing.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Hmm, well I don't know why they even care to negotiate with you, since they move Evos so well. Some places haven't even budged this much on leftover 05s! I can't understand why they'd take hits on both sides of the deal when they could just as easily sell it for MSRP tomorrow to some other guy. Why ask why, I guess, eh? I'd take that deal in a heartbeat...
Gosh, why are you so negative on almost everything. Why!? lol
This Tarmac Evo IX has been at this dealership I been going to for a while now and my friend who work there as a service rep told me hardly anybody looked at it or trying to get it except for ME. I talked to them for over an hour and they were able to give me $500 off MSRP and give me $21K on my 03 with 34K miles
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AzBlackEvo8
Gosh, why are you so negative on almost everything. Why!? lol
This Tarmac Evo IX has been at this dealership I been going to for a while now and my friend who work there as a service rep told me hardly anybody looked at it or trying to get it except for ME. I talked to them for over an hour and they were able to give me $500 off MSRP and give me $21K on my 03 with 34K miles
Well, $500 off MSRP is pretty much normal. Getting invoice is not. Also, you see how they only went $500 off MSRP on a car that has NO INTEREST. The thread originator is at a dealership that pushes lots of Evos with no problem. It doesn't make sense that they'd give invoice in this situation. In your situation, $500 off MSRP _does_ make sense.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

The dealer could be hurting this month and they are trying to blow cars out. If he is geting that deal why wait. Just buy the car and be done with it.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RiversideMitsu
The dealer could be hurting this month and they are trying to blow cars out. If he is geting that deal why wait. Just buy the car and be done with it.
I think he's already under contract and will be picking it up today, so he made the right move.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

He got a very good deal on it. Ive seen guys come into my dealer and put 5-6 grand down and walk out with a 600-800 payment on an evo. Some people just dont care and want the car so bad. Few months ago we had a guy come in with a lifted 05 f350 worth 45+ grand and trade it in for 31k and then paid msrp for a evo with upper $600 payments. Also anyone that gets GAP make sure you only pay like 200 bucks for it.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

I wish i could trade into a new evo and lower my payments! of course i can't even get my dealership to get my evo running right so i guess i just have to take what i can get.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FYI - After reading this I buzzed into the local Mitsu dealer and spoke with a sales guy.

They are still selling EVO both 05s and 06s at invoice. The sales guy told me mitsu is just trying to keep their head above water. If I were to go with an 05 I could still get 0% but if I went with the 06 I could have $1500 cash back plus $500 loyalty cash OR $2000 in gas and $500 loyalty cash. In Wisconsin there is next to no demand for this vehicle. Its basically an adult toy so the EVOs sit on the lot for awhile.

My 03 EVO with 22k miles was appraised at $20000. It has a few dings and a chipped windshield. I feel that trade in value is low but considering I'm not paying MSRP its a fair deal if I were to go through with it. Problem is I love my 03 and have no reason to pay $10k for the same fricken car. Sure you get a FLSD, ACD, and MIVEC but it really doesn't add up to $10k worth of car. I use my HID's more than I'd use an LSD and you can shove ACD/MIVEC right up your bung hole!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EV0
FYI - After reading this I buzzed into the local Mitsu dealer and spoke with a sales guy.

They are still selling EVO both 05s and 06s at invoice. The sales guy told me mitsu is just trying to keep their head above water. If I were to go with an 05 I could still get 0% but if I went with the 06 I could have $1500 cash back plus $500 loyalty cash OR $2000 in gas and $500 loyalty cash. In Wisconsin there is next to no demand for this vehicle. Its basically an adult toy so the EVOs sit on the lot for awhile.

My 03 EVO with 22k miles was appraised at $20000. It has a few dings and a chipped windshield. I feel that trade in value is low but considering I'm not paying MSRP its a fair deal if I were to go through with it. Problem is I love my 03 and have no reason to pay $10k for the same fricken car. Sure you get a FLSD, ACD, and MIVEC but it really doesn't add up to $10k worth of car. I use my HID's more than I'd use an LSD and you can shove ACD/MIVEC right up your bung hole!
Go for it.

Old Oct 31, 2005, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

paying msrp is ridiculous..with the evo X on the horizon it shouldnt even be a question.. first minute i asked when i walked into the dealership i was quoted 500 above invoice for and evo IX MR.. and thats in california

What? I haven't heard of anyone getting a IX for less than MSRP. If you can get it at invoice, why are you even asking us? That's a no-brainer. $400/month for a brand new IX after a trade-in is nothing. That's about $200 less per month than most people, although you should just do 60 months and get a better rate from a bank or credit union.

So, what's the invoice price? 29.5k-30k?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont think I will. Just no reason for it. The car only gets road raced 5-6x a year and the front LSD doesn't do squat for drag racing.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
paying msrp is ridiculous..with the evo X on the horizon it shouldnt even be a question.. first minute i asked when i walked into the dealership i was quoted 500 above invoice for and evo IX MR.. and thats in california
I'm sorry, but that's just not likely. Maybe 500 over sticker, but not invoice. Why would any dealership in California offer such a low price right as you come in the door. That just doesn't make any sense.

The Evo X release is completely unknown at this point.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sorry, but that's just not likely. Maybe 500 over sticker, but not invoice. Why would any dealership in California offer such a low price right as you come in the door. That just doesn't make any sense.

wrong.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

its makes plenty of sense.. its called being a car *****.. why should a dealership in an area that could care less about owning evos, i.e. central coast want to have evos sit around their lot waiting for people to buy them.. they order/trade all their evos from other dealerships.. and they are all mostly sold before they hit the floor. They never charge above msrp for any car the dealership sells.. includes all their bmws etc. 500 over invoice was the price and that was straight from the manager of the dealership. He said it would be stealing to take more money then that from me, because they are just filling out the paperwork.. getting the car and then its shipped to the dealership and driven off.. downside is that you have to wait a couple weeks. Like i said though some dealers are intrested in moving volume.. this dealership sold 10 MRs+ last year but only had 1 ever on the lot.. hmmm, how many MRs did the dealership sell trying to go 5K over sticker in comparison?

Old Oct 31, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

is this even a question!!!!!!!??? of course lol!