Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any modded or lightly modded Evo IX's yet ??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i have had my ix mr for about a month and have an aem intake and ground wires. i am waiting to put on a safc, sard boost controller, boost gauge, cusco lower bars, and debating on an exhaust helix, greddy, hks, and taking suggestions. what do you think
Old Dec 10, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

^Why not get a flash instead of a safc? Ground wires, why? Get a 3 inch TBE, flash, and MBC and you'll be at around 340WHP on pump gas (maybe more).
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:38 AM

Had my evo for about 1 1/2 months. Got a perrin shorty, works 30% ss. Working on boost guage, works p2 and hid's at the moment.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gqpenguin
Had my evo for about 1 1/2 months. Got a perrin shorty, works 30% ss. Working on boost guage, works p2 and hid's at the moment.
Ya I want HID's too. Got used to my 5 series and lighting up the whole frickin block while driving lol I want to track this car while it's stock, then start modifying it to see what it can do
Old Dec 16, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Just got my IX Tuesday, and upon the first 30mins of ownership I installed HKS hi-power catback, a test pipe, tein s-techs, and my MR BBS rims. They where all parts from my VIII which I traded in for the IX. I still have a HKS RS intake, but I'm not sure if im gonna be installing that. Would there be any kinds of issues installing that? Also I might be having issues with the Teins. I get a loud thump when I go over speed bumps faster then im supposed to, but I didnt get that in the VIII. I called mitsu and Tein, they said the springs are diffrent in the IX. So now I either have get coil overs or wait for someone to come out with spring for the IX.

Parts coming:
HIDs*** (Damn I miss my HIDs)
Downpipe
ECU tune.......

Last edited by Jovani; Dec 16, 2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:35 AM

Not true, I have Tein S-techs in my IX as well. I had the same problem as you do, and it turnd out to be that the spring was just not seated right, so I had to take it out gain and readjust it.. You might be able to do this with the car jacked up, just wiggle the spring with your hand and try to move it around in its perch.

BTW 06 evo IX bougt two weeks ago and mods are

3" TBE
Defi Boost gauge
Waiting on mbc
Tein S-techs
going to Ivey Tune in a few weeks

I will keep ya posted, looking for over 330 whp...
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by talontid
Not true, I have Tein S-techs in my IX as well. I had the same problem as you do, and it turnd out to be that the spring was just not seated right, so I had to take it out gain and readjust it.. You might be able to do this with the car jacked up, just wiggle the spring with your hand and try to move it around in its perch.

BTW 06 evo IX bougt two weeks ago and mods are

3" TBE
Defi Boost gauge
Waiting on mbc
Tein S-techs
going to Ivey Tune in a few weeks

I will keep ya posted, looking for over 330 whp...

Thanks for that info. I will definatly give it a try. But from what I was told the springs in the IX are slightly diffrent from the VIIIs.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

i have just a few things done to mine im VERY impressed but im doong a dyno flash right after christmas cant wait
Old Dec 16, 2005, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Here is link for the 06 EVO exhaust system we installed.

>https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=jun+catback+e

More to come.. I will post pics..
Old Dec 16, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

PICKED UP MY silver evo 9 MR BR330 From ohio today....It is ridiculous!!! 260whp of fun! Thanks David!!!!