Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any modded or lightly modded Evo IX's yet ??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any modded or lightly modded Evo IX's yet ??

Just checkin if anyone has done anything to their's yet. I am positive the few Evo IX owners on here are asking these same questions but haven't posted about it yet. I've had mine for a week now but nothing yet. I'm pickin up the Defi BF Amber boost and control unit this week for sure. As for a ecu, now I know we have 4 plugs instead of 3 on the VIII. I want to pick up a turbo timer because I'm so god damn lazy. Do I need to worry about the plug and play harness from the VIII not working on the IX? If so, I guess I'll have to wait until they make plug and play harnesses for the turbo timer on the IX. Oh ya and also, random question. Anyone seen the Evolution IX badge ? I could have swore I saw someone post a pic of it on here a while back. If anyone knows where I can pick that up, shout that out too please!

-Arbi
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ohh ski ski ski
Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

There have been a few IXs that have been modified so far and I think you would be pleasently surprised with the results so far, they have been impressive. Do a search for Precision Dyno and you will find.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
There have been a few IXs that have been modified so far and I think you would be pleasently surprised with the results so far, they have been impressive. Do a search for Precision Dyno and you will find.
Ya I've seen all those dude. I was wondering what the owners them selves on this board have done to theirs. I know there are at least like 12 of us here.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

No power mods yet, waiting for Vishnu. Installed the Swift MR springs, nice drop. Added the Cusco Ti brace to remove some lbs. and waiting for my Bushcur turbo back to add some power and also drop some more lbs. Should be good for a bit of power and about 30 lb. weight reduction with all of the above.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 01:43 PM

S-AFC, MBC and tune today.... will post before and after when I pick it up tonight
Old Nov 1, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RumbleN
S-AFC, MBC and tune today.... will post before and after when I pick it up tonight
Be interesting to see if the S-AFC was a good idea, considering how the new ECU has made them obselete due to the finicky timing tables...
Old Nov 1, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

I have installed my old Magnaflow Ti catback. Awaiting HKS DP, drop in and MAF pipe.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Nice. Any more people ? What about the Evolution IX badge ? Anyone have any info on it ? What about the current turbo timer's for the 8's ? Anyone tried installing one on their ix's yet ?
Old Nov 1, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

ive got suspension parts on order.... and i already have hids, oil catch can and engine torque tamper.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1NastyEvo
Nice. Any more people ? What about the Evolution IX badge ? Anyone have any info on it ? What about the current turbo timer's for the 8's ? Anyone tried installing one on their ix's yet ?

+1

will the evo 8 harness work for the 9??
Old Nov 1, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

will throw on some basic bolt ons in about a week or so. catback, dp, intake, intake piping, safc2, voltage kit, grounding kit, fuel pump, bov, and upper intercooler piping. i'll let u know the results then.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

forget to add manual boost controller.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by coco
+1

will the evo 8 harness work for the 9??
No it will not.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled

On November 19 at Buschur Racing in Ohio we are having a dyno day wherein several BR330 and BR350 cars which have already been sold will be dyno tuned with the Ecutek softwear

It will be very interesting to see how the dyno sheets of the BR set ups compare to the identical BR set ups on the 2005 evos