Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Wich car would win a 1/4 mile race from a stop
2005 Evo MR 5 speed
51.24%
2002 GTR34 6speed
48.76%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

EvoMR5speed VS Skyline GTR34

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats what am thinking ...... 3rd and i can get busted !!!
Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

i say evo
Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EVIL EVO 8
Who said a evo has a advantage?? LOL and a GTR has lag well i hope your not talking about s-spec GTR they have twin turbo buddy and have the potential of easily over 1,000 hp and 7 sec 1/4s no EVO will ever hit even high 8's... EVER!!!!!! Stop being biased
I dont think the GTR ever ran 7 sec in AWD set up, pretty sure it was RWD....big difference there.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

No offense there bud, but I think the R34 GTR Skyline is in a different category than the EVO. It is a revolutionary car that is in super-high demand around here because it has to be imported, and specially licensed to drive in the United States. Just my .02
Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by schepis
No offense there bud, but I think the R34 GTR Skyline is in a different category than the EVO. It is a revolutionary car that is in super-high demand around here because it has to be imported, and specially licensed to drive in the United States. Just my .02
Well he's not from the U.S.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:51 PM
DCD
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoegg
omarv6 is your friend's GT-R JDM or UK imported? what spec is it? M-Spec? Vspec? or M-Spec Nur?if it just M-Spec you might have a chance. just go very hard on 1st and 2nd gear and put 103 or 108 gas into your car before race.. not sure about your area but here in US I never seen 108. back to NZ we used to have BP 103 or some 108 (forgot brand) ..
I'm sure the M-Spec is a higher spec than the Vspec.

Also from NZ too, and I don't know where you used to fill up but the highest octane gas we get here is 98. We only started getting 98 a year or two ago as well. The 98 comes from BP, or Mobil. There is no way we have 103 or 108.

On topic, not too sure about stock maybe it will be a close race, but once you start modding GTR all the way. I would much much rather have a GTR than a Evo, but they cost twice as much down here. The highest hp GTR I've seen was the Veilside one that came down here for a top speed run. 1300hp atw. Ran 346km/h (I think) on the road (two lane road. Thats one lane each way) in the wet. Absolutely crazy..... Heres a link to an awesome GTR that I've seen around here.

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43551
Old Nov 1, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by omarv6
hi guys ...was up
ok y friend just bought a 2002 skyline GTR34
amazing car ..............real amazing car ..
its just a peace of art ..
the car is stock he just instaled a Truse Exhaust system thats it ..and I have the JIC exhsaust system .
my car is the 2005 5speed MR ...
I offerd to race him as he is one of my close baddys and he accepted ... the rest of the guys where laughing at me and said i would get my *** wiped so bad ..... we where 31 guys together and 9 voted i would lose and the GTR would kick my *** ... 2 said would win ..the rest didnt say any thing ..
so the question here what do u guys think would be the fianl result .... the race will be tommrow .
Our shop Evo 6 TME beat a full race R33 GTR 3 years ago, the Skyline redlighted giving him the lead advantage and our driver mishifted, but still we prevailed.

Stock vs stock, a Skyline will definitely eat an Evo alive as we had shown in many of our races, but I had also seen many moded Evos beat GTRs.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PURE MR
I dont think the GTR ever ran 7 sec in AWD set up, pretty sure it was RWD....big difference there.
Fastest I had seen was Mario's insane R33 that had clocked 8.2secs. pls checkout www.exvitermini.com for videos.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Evo
Old Nov 1, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Does it really matter?
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sayanara
Does it really matter?
Then don't post.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

I came from New Zealand where Skylines are very common. Down under, the Evo's and STI's rules the world. As long as youre not going against the GTR-S spec or a heavilly modified skyline, there's no need to worry. Kill him.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:19 PM

i like skylines but i think ppl over rate them i think u will do good i voted evo mr 5spd bec i played around with one befor but it was set up for drifing and not 1/4 the place were i get all my work done has a skyline.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by schepis
Listen dude STOCK TO STOCK a baseline GTR-34, not a VSpec or Nur is not as fast as his car, his friend has a baseline model. Look at the times I posted, that's for a baseline, not a Vspec or Vspec II or Nur model. Skyline isn't so much better than an Evo, just because they are rare in the USA doesn't mean they deserve the god-like praise some of you give them.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lilraysEvo
i like skylines but i think ppl over rate them i think u will do good i voted evo mr 5spd bec i played around with one befor but it was set up for drifing and not 1/4 the place were i get all my work done has a skyline.
punctuations please my eyes hurt....

anyways, i'm going with the Evo. but do actually race him and let us know the result (btw plz try to race on a track or somewhere safe where there are no innocent drivers vulnerable to accidents)

Quick Reply: EvoMR5speed VS Skyline GTR34