Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a ticket in SC, advice

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got a ticket in SC, advice

I just got a ticket, 51/35, however, he wrote the ticket for 44/35. I was slowing down for construction, but not as fast as the officer wanted me too. I was in my company car, which is no sporty machine.

If the ticket is for 9 over, as long as I pay the fine, doesn't it just go away? It is the first ticket I have had in like 2 years, which the other was for only 9 over, and it was in NC, not SC.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

wat do u mean go away lol? you pay the fine and get points off ur license, prolly ur insurance will increase too. Not sure wat they do in SC... but in nyc its sucks
Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:12 AM

I always do this "guilty with an explanation"thing. Go to court, say guilty with exp, and say you were slowing down. If you get the right judge, he will take the points off just becasue you showed up.(ive done this a few times.)
Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Go to traffic school if you can.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

you dont loose points unless its 14+ and your insurance will not increase
pay the ticket and be glad it was a nice cop
Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by an0ther
you dont loose points unless its 14+ and your insurance will not increase
pay the ticket and be glad it was a nice cop
I think it depends on the state and a quick search says that his state is based on a 12 point system. He will get 2 points added to his record for a 9 mph over ticket.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:42 AM
CGs
Evolving Member

I lost 2 points in Aiken County SC, for going 7 miles over the speed limit. Unfortunatly, I didn't go to court, I just paid and my insurance went up. Live and learn. This was about 8 years ago, but I doubt the laws have changed that much.

My advise would be to go to court, plead guilty, and ask if there's any way for you to keep your points. Good luck
Old Nov 1, 2005, 07:46 AM

well being from SC...it usually goes like this...go to court and hope the officer does not show up, then plead not guilty..if he does plead guilty with an explanation and tell your story..the minimum for speeding ticket here is cort cost( was 47 but went up I think) and 2 points which will not hurt your insurance if you have all your points..where in SC was this..good luck
Old Nov 1, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Was it on I-385? or I-85? Them b!tches...
Old Nov 1, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoego
well being from SC...it usually goes like this...go to court and hope the officer does not show up, then plead not guilty..if he does plead guilty with an explanation and tell your story..the minimum for speeding ticket here is cort cost( was 47 but went up I think) and 2 points which will not hurt your insurance if you have all your points..where in SC was this..good luck
I would go to court as well, if you're close or are able to. In most cases I've been involved in, the case was thrown out b/c the officer didn't show up or I had to pay a smaller fine which didn't affect my insurance.