Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got NABBED by the man this morning

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolving03
Going that fast on any road where there are cars/people is just plain stupid- the time for you to react to anything is pretty much gone. Hopefully they take your license and get your dumb *** off of the road- I sure don't want you out there with my family/friends.
(road was empty)
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j-evo8
Where in CT was this? Not that I would be doing 107, but its good to know. Hope all ends well with the ticket.
exit 89 (Mystic)
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
and people wonder why we get profiled.........

I'm linking this thread to every " COPS SUCK" thread, it's drivers like this that make the rest of us targets.
the car had nothing to do with it. "Its the Indian not the arrow". 90% of cars out there will go over 110.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Just Remember that in CT, the troopers DO NOT like to use radar. Laser is the weapon of choice and for anyone unlucky enough to get popped by one, good luck. Bright red car, big wing/exhaust, speed > 75 mph....... oh yeah, you were fresh and easy meat. How old are you by the way?
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stew
ticket 1: seatbelt (took it off to give the cop my license, was probably traveling 75 or so on the highway)
ticket 2: 36 in a 25
ticket 3/4: got in my first accident ever, went off the road at night (backroad) and got 'traveling fast' and a stop sign ticket.

But yea, I learn the hard way, but its not like all of my tickets were speeding rediculously.
dohhh sorry, i thought your 4 tickets were for speeding. That sucks to be in this situation. Definitely get a lawyer.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
Just Remember that in CT, the troopers DO NOT like to use radar. Laser is the weapon of choice and for anyone unlucky enough to get popped by one, good luck. Bright red car, big wing/exhaust, speed > 75 mph....... oh yeah, you were fresh and easy meat. How old are you by the way?
I'm 23, so add 'Male under 30' and you have a recipe for high insurance

..Just checked the ticket again and there is NO mention of laser, radar, distance shot at, etc. Only info is where he was sitting when he got me, and I believe that was where cop2 was sitting, i.e. not even the cop that issued me the ticket. hm.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Don't listen to all these holier than thou people. Every single person who owns an Evo speeds. Anyone who says they don't speed is lying, or needs to trade in their car for a Lincoln Towncar or something. While 107 is fast, this car is perfectly stable at that speed, so my opinion is you are just unlucky.

There probably isn't too much you are going to be able to do to get out of a laser ticket. Best you could probably do is talk to the prosecutor BEFORE your court date and negotiate for a reduction. Offer to take defensive driving classes or whatever it may be in your state. Your main goal should be not to lose your license. If you were in one of those wackjob jurisdictions that are gung ho against speeders, you can probably kiss your license goodbye at 107.

Good luck!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Speeding on CT highways is a very bad idea. The troopers are RABID there.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Sucks to be you Got any mods for sale yet?
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
Sucks to be you Got any mods for sale yet?

haha I just got the car 3 weeks ago
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kinetic
There probably isn't too much you are going to be able to do to get out of a laser ticket.
Definitely true, but doesnt he have to write 'Laser' on the ticket? I wonder if he is going to show up at court with a magical laser printout without writing down anything about it.....
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

I'm never down in that area but that sucks though. I find that most cops on 9/84/91 in CT are usually just sitting, never running radar/laser, at least that is what the V1 tells me.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

u peolpe are a bunch of cry babies, u people are *****ing at this kid because he was speeding, sooo what, u know u people have done it befor and will do it a gain
he already got reamed buy the popo, he dont need it from u people too,
u guys are suppos to be his fellow members, not his nagging wife/parents
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

are you supposed to lose your licence for being over 100 mph???
Old Nov 2, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
and people wonder why we get profiled.........

I'm linking this thread to every " COPS SUCK" thread, it's drivers like this that make the rest of us targets.
and you've never touched 100 in your car on a road? give him a break all of his previous tickets were weak sauce. i do agree this one is bad and you should get a good size ticket. i bet you will rack up much more in fines for all of your speeding tickets, the cost of your lawyer, and for the increased fines you will get from having mutlitple tickets then you would if you just bought a jammer. i would still buy one if i were you, just because the next ticket whether it's 36 in a 25 or whatever is going to cost you a lot and maybe your license.

Quick Reply: Got NABBED by the man this morning