Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got NABBED by the man this morning

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some facts for those who chastise speeding:

1. Speeding tickets are a source of revenue that nearly every local government in this country depend upon. They will always charge people with this "crime," regardless of guilt.

2. As far as "getting out of the ticket..." The defendant does not have to prove his innocence. He just has to show that the prosecutor does not have sufficient evidence. In any state that classifies the charge as criminal, he is afforded the highest standard of proof..."beyond reasonable doubt."

When you plead "not guilty"in court you are not (necessarily) saying "I didn't do it," but rather, I don't feel you can prove that I did it. THAT is the system we live in. That is what makes this country rock.

3. I go over 100 nearly every day and have not had a ticket (on my record) for years. I have not been in an accident in over 14 years.

You just have to think like a cop, and you won't get caught. When you do get caught, hire a lawyer.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 04:06 AM

damn CT troopers. luckily i've never been caught by them. had a few scares but they got somebody else. also been let off by local police too. red hatchbacks like attention.

btw where he was there really isn't much and most people drive 90 or so on there way to work and there usually aren't cops on the roads in CT catching speeders except in a few usual/known spots. most of the time they're attending to accidents.

sucks buddy. go to court fight it and maybe get something less or have it thrown out. make sure everything written on the ticket is spelled correctly etc. look for a loophole
Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Damn this thread took off.. ha.

Anyway I'll clear up a few things, not sure if I mentioned them earlier but I'm not digging back through 7 pages..

I dont generally speed rediculously just to get to work 10 minutes earlier, I have a 100 mile/day commute and have been taking a commuter van which leaves from about 8 miles east of my place. If I miss my ride, I spend $15 on gas for the day, $4 on tokens at the Newport bridge, and add another 100 miles to the car WHILE I already pay over $120 per month to ride the damn van. Last month I spend almost $900 on gas ALONE, already have 4400 miles after 4 weeks or owning the car, and put 46,000 on my last car in a year. Time to stop driving so much. So basically I only had to speed for a few miles to make the van, not like I had to haul *** 50 miles to work at top speed. AND the road traffic was VERY light, if any, since it was 6 am (a bit before traffic pics up around there).

The cop was hiding in a spot where I couldnt see him until I went past him. On an overpass, blocked by an exit sign. He shot me from the rear after I went past and had his buddy waiting on the next on ramp to come write me a ticket.

Well this one ought to teach me the hard way, but track/auto-x/drag season is over, what am I to do?!?! (joke)

Last edited by Stew; Nov 3, 2005 at 05:38 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:47 AM

if you are about to have a 30 day suspension for other tickets, and you got this as well, you are screwed. Even if you get a lawyer you are screwed with that record, if you drive to work for your job you might want to start making other arrangements.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

which blows, since 'other arangements' are pretty much impossible working 50 miles from home, or even to get to the van 8 miles from home.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
maybe you are not a daily driver then. in which case it makes sense. feel free to read the all the posts b4 you comment. 1 of the 4 was for 36 in a 25. not excessive what so ever. this was his first speeding excessively ticket. 1 is not a habit.
Since you apperently cant seem to read to well your self or cant read between the lines I'll help you.

ticket 1: seatbelt (took it off to give the cop my license, was probably traveling 75 or so on the highway) << Got pulled over cuz of no seat belt? But the seat belt only came off after you were pulled over???

ticket 2: 36 in a 25 << Speeding spin it how you want speeding is speeding

ticket 3/4: got in my first accident ever, went off the road at night (backroad) and got 'traveling fast' <<<< SPEEDING and a stop sign ticket.

And now this one. SO that to me sounds like 3 tickets related to speed higher then the posted limit. Is it right, no. DO we all speed YES, but dont sit here and act like he's driving mrs daisy.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stew
The cop was hiding in a spot where I couldnt see him until I went past him. On an overpass, blocked by an exit sign. He shot me from the rear after I went past and had his buddy waiting on the next on ramp to come write me a ticket.

See, I'll offer some advice on highway "speeding". I've driven from PA to LA, CA and back. I've never used a radar detector and never gotten a ticket *knock on wood*.

-Never speed when you're in front of the pack
-Slow down to cruising speed (+5mph) whenever you near an exit, U-turn, or blind turn.
-Basically, I never "rush" myself unless I can see both sides of the highway, medians and shoulders to the horizon. (God bless Nebraska! )

...but I don't condone speeding

Last edited by kdogg; Nov 3, 2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kdogg
See, I'll offer some advice on highway "speeding". I've driven from PA to LA, CA and back.

-Never speed when you're in front of the pack
-Slow down to cruising speed (+5mph) whenever you near an exit, U-turn, or blind turn.
-Basically, I never "rush" myself unless I can see both sides of the highway, medians and shoulders to the horizon. (God bless Nebraska! )

...but I don't condone speeding
well none of that would have helped (I already abide by it BTW) since he was ON the overpass!
Old Nov 3, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stew
well none of that would have helped (I already abide by it BTW) since he was ON the overpass!
I forgot to add "Never speed when flying solo on the freeway". At your speed, I assume you were lone car on the road? Good luck with your ticket though, and update this thread with the results.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Yea I will keep this thread updated.. Court date is November 22, and I'm leaving for NC the next day so I'll updated when I get back to work after the holiday..
Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
Since you apperently cant seem to read to well your self or cant read between the lines I'll help you.

ticket 1: seatbelt (took it off to give the cop my license, was probably traveling 75 or so on the highway) << Got pulled over cuz of no seat belt? But the seat belt only came off after you were pulled over???

ticket 2: 36 in a 25 << Speeding spin it how you want speeding is speeding

ticket 3/4: got in my first accident ever, went off the road at night (backroad) and got 'traveling fast' <<<< SPEEDING and a stop sign ticket.

And now this one. SO that to me sounds like 3 tickets related to speed higher then the posted limit. Is it right, no. DO we all speed YES, but dont sit here and act like he's driving mrs daisy.
your original comment was 3-4 similar tickets in response to my comment that these other tickets were weak sauce. traveling fast is not speeding. traveling fast is a ticket you get when you are in a accident and there is no proof of speeding. a got a traveling fast ticket when i was doing 35 in a 40. i missed that math class, is 35 higher then the posted 40?

36 in a 25 is not anywhere near the realm of 107 in 65. this does not show a trend (as you so well put it) of EXCESSIVE speeding.

If you continued to read, you may have seen where i stated i do not condone driving 107 on the road. i was simply trying to defned a fellow member from hypocrits that jump on his case. i hate hypocrits, liars, bad logic and will call out any who are or use it, including myself as we are all not perfect.

Last edited by NapervilleEVO; Nov 3, 2005 at 07:34 AM.