Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How do I disable this feature?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always make note of the persons license plate.. so that way if they ding my doors I can kill them later
Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dridge11
I also love people that park their Tahoe or Durango in the "compact car only" spots.

This would be compact if we all drove DUMP TRUCKS!
hahaa agreed, its a pain in the *** i've had someone slam thier door into my car when I was sitting in it. I got out about to start hitting people but there was no mark or dent so I let it go.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Too funny!

Originally Posted by yellowmars
...or put a note on a brick and gently deposit it through their windshield.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

I keep a roll of light grey hockey tape (fabric tape) and a big black El-Marko with me..... and apply all sorts of bumper stickers to idiots that do this kind of stuff. ya know, Drives like ***, honk if you think i'm a d-'bag, etc. At least I get a little piece of mind out of it.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

If someone dings your door and says "woops" and then drives off, bring a monster truck the next day, park ontop of their car, and say woops and drive away!

Now where to rent a monster truck hmmm
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

I actually asked some guy who parked next to me like this the other day what made him park there. He told me he was curious about my car and didn't want to have to walk all the way over to look at it.

Lazyasses.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:00 AM

I stay in my car , I let someone else go inside . All I do is play with my psp I hate L.A.

Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Park way out front of the parking lot where all the lazy unscrupulous people don't.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dridge11
I couldn't agree more.

I think that every dealership should require a road test and parking evaluation before they can sell you anything bigger than a Ford Explorer. If you want an Expedition, Navigator, Hummer, Excursion, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, or any truck that seats more than 2 people, you must pass a test showing you are capable of driving the thing. And, get a yearly evaluation that proves your capable.
Man, you're preaching to a true believer! I want to run for Senate for the sole purpose of making that a law. A CDL or something similar should be required to drive one of those "SUVs" (I don't know what's "Sport" about it...) that is as large as an average industrial truck or small school bus (which is basically what they are). How can you test someone's ability to drive a normal car and then unleash them in something over 2x the size. The real problem is that most people drive them _as if_ they were normal cars. Quick lane changes, parking in spaces WAY too small, etc. They are very useful vehicles, but they are truly their own beast, and should be treated that way by law. Man, I could filibuster about this all day...

Here's a funny site about the subject: http://www.daveheinzel.com/suv/parking1.php
Old Nov 3, 2005, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.daveheinzel.com/suv/
Old Nov 3, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

get a handicap permit. theres a nice little spot for you at every location in the front of the parking lot with a perfect amount of space next to your car to give the next person all the door swinging room they need.

or smear crap all over your doors. bet everyone would be watching out carefully where their door hits then
Old Nov 3, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

or better yet... spray paint on the side of your car "don't park next to me!"...
Old Nov 3, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

I always find a spot near a curb or something where only one side is exposed on someone's passenger side (less chance of getting hit). Then I back in all the way as close to the curb as possible leaving an extra amount of space.

Of course, I did this once at work next to the shopping cart stall in the parking lot and I parked a little inside the cart spot, just for added piece of mind. When I came back out, the person who parked next to me was half in my spot, the next person half in their spot, and so on.