Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo is a P.O.S.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lemon

not a single prob with mine.. and she just turned 17k
Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
41k trouble free miles here. Engine, clutch, tranny... all doing fine. Well, I had a HID go out, but it was replaced under warranty.

Based on some of your previous posts, could the issues be self induced? You had a couple threads asking which transmission, transfer case oil to use, and another asking if non-synthetic oil was ok for the engine. My guess, you picked the wrong fluids. Which isn't the cars fault.
Nice research but you are wrong!

I changed my trany fluids twice, first time with Penzoil Synchromesh and the second time with BG Synchroshift. So i know what fluids to use.

The non synthetic oil i thought the dealer put in (when i bought the car used), and i was woundering if it would do al ot of damage!

I still have the stock clutch and i don't abuse it too much, and im completely stock accept for DYNOFLASH base flash.

I've had my TBE in my garage for over a month because im trying to get the stupid rattle that my trany is makeing fixed before Mitsu voids my warranty.

The car feels like it will be lot of trouble in the future years.

The other big problem i have is that i LOVE this car!!!!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by F&I-EVO

I changed my trany fluids twice, first time with Penzoil Synchromesh and the second time with BG Synchroshift. So i know what fluids to use.

The non synthetic oil i thought the dealer put in (when i bought the car used), and i was woundering if it would do al ot of damage!

I still have the stock clutch and i don't abuse it too much, and im completely stock accept for DYNOFLASH base flash.

I've had my TBE in my garage for over a month because im trying to get the stupid rattle that my trany is makeing fixed before Mitsu voids my warranty.

a little tranny rattle (gear noise when the car is in neutral, push the clutch in and it goes away) is normal for this car, especially in hot weather with the a/c on. Totally normal. If that's the noise you're trying to get rid of, you don't need to.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

If u love it then relax and keep taking it back or trade it in for a 05-06 !
Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Evo is a Pick of Schumacher? I agree
Old Nov 2, 2005, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well 03s are know to have more problems than other years.
although i also have some unknown rattles
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

bump....

some tranny rattle is normal, especially in hot weather with the a/c on. This is not a mechanical problem, just an aside for our transmission.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Wink

u gotta remember that u bought the car used and u dont know hu owned it and how well they maintained it, for all u know they prob abused the crap out of it and power shifted thru every gear ... and b4 that owner, ur evo could have been a dealer test drive car! those are abused from mile 1, or u just got a bad evo, hu knows!?! good luck anyways
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:35 PM

Was your car seriously abused? I don't understand... my 04 rs has no rattles, no problems with 30K hard miles on it. I flog it all the time; I don't baby it.

03 with 24k miles, I have a rattle that stupid Mitsu don't know what it is, or can not fix. I had my 5th gear syncros fixed 1 week ago, now my 4th gear syncro grinding! My car feels slower every day (since mitsu replaced the 5th syncro).

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE CAR, but hearing about all the problems we have with the Evo, im convinced the is a POS!

I have never owned a car with this many problems at only 24k miles!

IM FUSTRATED!!!!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

03 with 24k miles, I have a rattle that stupid Mitsu don't know what it is, or can not fix. I had my 5th gear syncros fixed 1 week ago, now my 4th gear syncro grinding! My car feels slower every day (since mitsu replaced the 5th syncro).

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE CAR, but hearing about all the problems we have with the Evo, im convinced the is a POS!

IM FUSTRATED!!!!

Yee have faith. Instead of fixing the syncros they just bought me the whole new transmission had 19K on the car. Not a problem since. I have alot of little things a rattle here and there but its all my fault I'm always putting things on it and taking them off always trying to better the car. It comes with the fun of owning a high performance car with a hard suspension. If you don't like piddling with the car and can't tolerate bringing it to the dealer until they fix it sell it and buy a Corolla. There is always the Evo 9 and then the 10 which will be my next Evo. Always improving an already very successful car. cheers.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth-Ghost
Keep taking it back and look into lemon laws
from what i heard if u take the car back like 5-6 times and the problem does not go away u get a new car ....................ide check up on the if i was u
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

going to sell it, sick of this POS!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:13 AM
Account Disabled

I think the nut behind the streering wheel needs to be changed
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

you will miss it.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

IM FUSTRATED!!!!
Trade it in for an Accord. Then you won't complain about noises.

Quick Reply: My Evo is a P.O.S.