Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Evo is a P.O.S.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F&I-EVO
What do my BIG NUTS have to do with this car being a POS?

You all know the Evo is NOT reliable, so don't give me this **** Al!!!

You can buy a KIA and not have this many problems, and thats a FACT!!!

Not saying the car is not BAD A$$, just saying it going to be a lot of problems.
I think you need to learn how to drive, i've got an 03 with 25k miles and I haven't had a single problem yet. You go back to your Hondas or buy a KIA as you've mentioned before. Practice driving on those cars, then maybe you can drive an EVO without any problems, or better yet maybe just stick with the KIA/Honda and leave us alone.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by FlLancer
You can borrow my 02 lancer es for a week, that will make you appreciate your evo...

Exactly.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, so your car is breaking and you are upset. You think all EVOs are POS. Fortunately, the majority of the people, regardless of 03, 04, 05 or 06 have not had problems. Maybe a rattle here and there, but nothing major. I have my EVO since April 03. No major problems what so ever, knock on wood. But you are right, no one ever said the EVO is reliable, like a Honda. But if you are so unhappy with your EVO, why not just get rid of it and buy something you know that is reliable.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Thats what I did. Now I don't think all Evo's are POS, but mine was and had to get into something I didn't have to worry about.

Originally Posted by Alias
Ok, so your car is breaking and you are upset. You think all EVOs are POS. Fortunately, the majority of the people, regardless of 03, 04, 05 or 06 have not had problems. Maybe a rattle here and there, but nothing major. I have my EVO since April 03. No major problems what so ever, knock on wood. But you are right, no one ever said the EVO is reliable, like a Honda. But if you are so unhappy with your EVO, why not just get rid of it and buy something you know that is reliable.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rjdEVO
23k driven hard everyday and no probs,,with a good bit of mods too and luanched at the track plenty
It won't last!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor

thats why i have an 05 now..
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by F&I-EVO
It won't last!
Of course it won't last. He said, driven hard and a bunch of launches. What car would last?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
lemon or abusing evo
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

well...i must say i've owned Evo's now for over 2 years and have NEVER had ANY problems.

My '03 had 33k miles on it with about 40-50 hard launches on the Exedy Twin Disk. That car was awesome, i almost miss it sometimes, but now i have the MR with more mods than my '03 and the stock clutch and i still have 0 problems.

p.s. MR has 11k miles
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by schepis
Originally Posted by [b
FlLancer][/b]
You can borrow my 02 lancer es for a week, that will make you appreciate your evo....

I'll throw my 03 OZ Rally in too. Even with little problems up to 50k miles, I'm sure it'll make you appreciate your EVO.
Har har! I'm so in love with the evo that I just love to get beside them and try to hang with them, I know I can't...

its nice tho if your riding down the highway, they will fall back and ride with you, or at least let you ride with them, they wont leave you in the dust... I guess its a commen understanding, that I know his car is faster then mine, but he knows I respect his car so we ride together this making a little lancer conoy
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
i don't get it, why didn't mitsu over build the car and drive train like they did with the engine. the stock engine can handle 500+ whp while the drive train can't even handle the stock 250 whp with little abuse. did mitsu think that evo owners were just going to baby the car around like an oldsmobile.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

I would say it is the operator and i dont think you should be allowed to talk s*** on the cars that we all love and work are a**** off for, but then again just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Why do so many take it personal when someone give there 2 cents on the Evo?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03EvolutionVIII
Why do so many take it personal when someone give there 2 cents on the Evo?
because by saying bad things about the precious evo, they feel hurt and disrespected. i have never seen people act so blindly inlove with a car. it is just a piece of metal people, get over it. not everybody is going to love the EVO and yes, it is possible that an evo will have problems.

omg, now i have done it, i said that he evo is not perfect... (hides behind the desk waiting for the fanboy mob to come and stone me to death)
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
because by saying bad things about the precious evo, they feel hurt and disrespected. i have never seen people act so blindly inlove with a car. it is just a piece of metal people, get over it. not everybody is going to love the EVO and yes, it is possible that an evo will have problems.

omg, now i have done it, i said that he evo is not perfect... (hides behind the desk waiting for the fanboy mob to come and stone me to death)
This is why I have that quote below.

Quick Reply: My Evo is a P.O.S.