Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Want to save money on your car insurance?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by STi-JDM
I'm with State farms and love it I'm 19 and 1 speeding ticket, pay around $250/month
of course you have an SPI duh......
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very true. Some insurance companies are not going to cover you when an accident happens to your car. You can't argue with them at that point once they decided that. Sure, you can talk to them afterward, but the chance for you to get your favor is slim. When it comes to insurance, make sure go to some reputatable ones.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackevoVII
i would never go through an internet insurance company.
ditto on that.. I've heard too many stories.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:45 AM

23 paying about 145 a month for my evo...2 tickets when i was like 19...dunno if its still on there
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:05 PM

One nice thing about being overseas for a while is that my driving record is 100% clean now. Cops don't really give out many tickets in Italy, you basically do whatever speed you want (no I'm not saying to quadruple the speed limit but if you want to do 100km/h in a 50km/h zone, it's cool)

I go through USAA for my Insurance too, I don't have an EVO on there (yet) but when I had full coverage on a GSX and two 1000cc sportbikes it was $38 a month.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZK
Here's the thing though, you may be paying lower rates but who is going to really look after you when you get in a accident? Some insurance companies are just going to drop you, screw you on coverage or jack your rates sky high when something happens.
Bingo! This is why I have State Farm and why I've had State Farm for the past 5 years. Other insurance companies might save you a couple bucks each month, but how much are you really saving when you get in an accident or something and your own insurance company won't pay you for your claim. It happened to me 7 years ago when my car stereo got stolen. My "discount" insurance didnt' cover anything but the damage the theives caused. Yet, 2 of my friends with State Farm had their car stereos stolen and got their stuff replaced with no problem.

Most times it's true, you get what you pay for.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ZK
Esurance couldn't beat Geico's price for me.

Here's the thing though, you may be paying lower rates but who is going to really look after you when you get in a accident? Some insurance companies are just going to drop you, screw you on coverage or jack your rates sky high when something happens.

i agree, saving on insurance is nice, but do you have to sacrifice customer service, and satisfaction.

i have metlife, it is DEF not cheap for me, but when i hit a cinder block going 70 in my acura, it tore my fuel tank up and ripped my axle back portion of the stock exhaust off. and did some minor bumper damage in the back. they sent a apprasal guy, he checked it out. then they told me to take it to any shop i prefer, i named the one i always goto, 2 weeks later, my check comes in that paid for everything, no hasslin, i didnt even have to pay the deductable because the shop took care of that. my premium didnt go up either, i didnt have to explain the situation a million times, they took my word for it and told me it wasnt my fault (the lady i talked to was extra nice), on top of that, since my car was out of commision, they gave me 25$ a day i had the car getting repaired. so big thumbs up to metlife auto ins.