Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

13.99% on a new evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2005, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13.99% on a new evo

Hahahaha. I went in with my fiancee to a local mitsu. dealer and she wanted a EVO RS cause she doesn't like the spolier and like's white..... Anyways, we do all the paper work and her dad co-signs cause my credit score is only 620 and i only own credit cards so i know i wouldn't get approved... He comes back and gives us a sheet saying how much they want. 29k for a 05 RS and only 1500 bucks for her hyunida elantra .. After all the tax and stuff it was 37k. I said no right away oh and 13.99 financing . Her dad as good credit too WTF..... I told them we wont pay more then 30k out the door with the trade in.. He goes back and lowers it too 31000. But still at 13.99 i said no and told them it was still too much. I can get a 06 evo RS for MSRP. He said no you can't, i told them which dealer would he said they dont have any in stock... I called the dealer right away and asked if them had any 06 EVO RS they said YES and i was like whats MSRP they said 28684 i believe. HAhahaha should of seen the look on his face when i owned him... After that i left and told them never buying a car from here ..

Oh and they a 06 MR i said these are nice cars. But for the price it was too much. He say's its only 44k . I told them, you got it be an idiot to pay 44k. But he goes on its a limited production and i still say your an idiot to pay 44k.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor

f-ing dealers...
Old Nov 6, 2005, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

13.99% is disgusting.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:07 PM

13.99 financing
DDDDAAAAAMMMMNNN

that is completely horrible. Did they tell you what bank they were going through?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

PUAHAHAH OWNED!!! SO BAD!! thats hilarious. The best part was when you called the dealer and asked...HAHAHA! oh man that made me laugh. i could so picture it, what was his reaction?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

haha, same thing happen to me when i went to my local Mitsu dealer. The manager keep saying it is a 40k dollars man. The manager give me the following "GOOD"deal.

Lease it for 72 months
5,000 dollars down and 700 per months.

it all happen in Socal PUENTE HILL MITSUBISHI.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Did you have the number of the other dealer yourself or did he give it to you? haha
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

If you are looking for a car loan...give "www.capitaloneautofinance.com" a try. They used to be Peoplefirst.com

They are fantastic. Approval usually online within 30 minutes. They send you a blank check for the amount you request. It is all based on your credit....but the rates are pretty good, usually in the 5 to 6 percent range. And if you don't have good credit...probably only a few percentage points up...but nothing near 13 %

When you walk into a dealership with a $30,000 blank check in your hand...they treat you entirely differently...if they won't bargain...walk OUT ! I have bought four cars using them...never a problem.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

That is a joke. That dealer is trying to rip people of or something. When I went to buy my evo, I was looking at a Red RS for $24,000 at like 6.1%.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

I got my 06 evo IX for 5% apr for 48 months. i could of saved a few and go through a credit union which I was preaproved for 4.25% for 48 months
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just because your fiancee's dad has good credit doesn't mean she automatically gets the best rate. He might qualify for a great rate on his own, but if someone with weak credit is cosigning with him it lowers the score of the overall deal in the eyes of the lender. Without knowing both people's scores, their income, if they live together or not, 13.99 could be a very good rate.

I find it hard to believe that a dealer told you what you wanted to hear over the phone while you were sitting at the desk of one of their competitors.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:54 PM

Iam a car dealer, and I can get 8.5% with a 620 beacon. Even with just credit cards, as long as they've been open at least a year. Anyway, the finance guy at the dealership was just trying to make an extra $1000 bucks or so for his pocket, offering that APR. They get paid kick backs for getting you to pay a higher rate with a high score. Funny, huh(not really)? F&I guys get paid extra to get you to screw yourself. Alot of people just want the car, and want it now, and will cave. Good thing you did, by walking away. Buy used. Just make a list of things problematic on the particular year you want, and check it out good, or get a friend to. I still get customers as low as 7% on cars three years old.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by quickgti18t
Hahahaha. I went in with my fiancee to a local mitsu. dealer and she wanted a EVO RS cause she doesn't like the spolier and like's white..... Anyways, we do all the paper work and her dad co-signs cause my credit score is only 620 and i only own credit cards so i know i wouldn't get approved... He comes back and gives us a sheet saying how much they want. 29k for a 05 RS and only 1500 bucks for her hyunida elantra .. After all the tax and stuff it was 37k. I said no right away oh and 13.99 financing . Her dad as good credit too WTF..... I told them we wont pay more then 30k out the door with the trade in.. He goes back and lowers it too 31000. But still at 13.99 i said no and told them it was still too much. I can get a 06 evo RS for MSRP. He said no you can't, i told them which dealer would he said they dont have any in stock... I called the dealer right away and asked if them had any 06 EVO RS they said YES and i was like whats MSRP they said 28684 i believe. HAhahaha should of seen the look on his face when i owned him... After that i left and told them never buying a car from here ..

Oh and they a 06 MR i said these are nice cars. But for the price it was too much. He say's its only 44k . I told them, you got it be an idiot to pay 44k. But he goes on its a limited production and i still say your an idiot to pay 44k.

i dont think you owned them since they ran the credit on your girl and her dads it does hurt the rating
Old Nov 6, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
i dont think you owned them since they ran the credit on your girl and her dads it does hurt the rating
False. Running your credit does not hurt your rating in anyway. Running your credit many times in a very short period of time may affect it, especially if you get denied for a loan.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CSmith
Iam a car dealer, and I can get 8.5% with a 620 beacon. Even with just credit cards, as long as they've been open at least a year. Anyway, the finance guy at the dealership was just trying to make an extra $1000 bucks or so for his pocket, offering that APR. They get paid kick backs for getting you to pay a higher rate with a high score. Funny, huh(not really)? F&I guys get paid extra to get you to screw yourself. Alot of people just want the car, and want it now, and will cave. Good thing you did, by walking away. Buy used. Just make a list of things problematic on the particular year you want, and check it out good, or get a friend to. I still get customers as low as 7% on cars three years old.
check pm