Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX in the SNOW!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO IX in the SNOW!

Hey guys I just wanted to say it finally snowed here in Anchorage, Alaska, where the snow actually stuck to the ground. Anyways I switched the ACD to SNOW and I had a BLAST driving the Evo IX in the snow.

I dont know it just handles so much better than my WRX...I just feel so much more in control with this car in the snow. E-braking and drifting is awesomely fun...haha...once you hit the gas again the car straightens out in the snow...Anyways just me ranting off on how much fun I had today...

Plus it didnt' snow that much on the roads, can't wait for the inches...haha!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dakind916
Hey guys I just wanted to say it finally snowed here in Anchorage, Alaska, where the snow actually stuck to the ground. Anyways I switched the ACD to SNOW and I had a BLAST driving the Evo IX in the snow.

I dont know it just handles so much better than my WRX...I just feel so much more in control with this car in the snow. E-braking and drifting is awesomely fun...haha...once you hit the gas again the car straightens out in the snow...Anyways just me ranting off on how much fun I had today...

i hope you had snow tires on...
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
i hope you had snow tires on...
isnt that the truth
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor

put a set of b-stone blizzaks on it and youll pray for it to snow..
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah......were you on stock tires?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Oh come on guys...Bridgeston Blizzaks WS-50s...dedicated snow tire for Alaskan winters

The best tires I hear you can get for the Evo, they were pretty spendy I ordered from tirerack, but I wanted the ultimate tire fo the ultimate car!

Anyways...EVO IX + Blizzaks + Snow = HECKA FUN
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

If anyone cares about what I have to say, well i will say this....

when it starts to snow up here I'm gonna put my 05 EVO away for the winter and use the beater car instead.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Oh come on guys...Bridgeston Blizzaks WS-50s...dedicated snow tire for Alaskan winters

The best tires I hear you can get for the Evo, they were pretty spendy I ordered from tirerack, but I wanted the ultimate tire fo the ultimate car!

just be careful out there and dont do anything that you'll regret....
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
If anyone cares about what I have to say, well i will say this....

when it starts to snow up here I'm gonna put my 05 EVO away for the winter and use the beater car instead.

To each his own...but I live in Alaska that's why I bought an AWD car...or else I would have bought a Supra for summer and beater for winter...but winter in Alaska is about 7 months...so I'll stick with the Evo year long!

Oh and I will be careful nothing too crazy and if so clear open lots/roads! HAHA!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

OMG 7 months of winter, i would be in heavan with the Evo!!!

To each his own...but I live in Alaska that's why I bought an AWD car...or else I would have bought a Supra for summer and beater for winter...but winter in Alaska is about 7 months...so I'll stick with the Evo year long!

Oh and I will be careful nothing too crazy and if so clear open lots/roads! HAHA!
Old Nov 6, 2005, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

stock tires?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Blizzak REVO 1 is the new top of the line from Bridgeston for people living in ice and snow areas. Basicly the same exact tire as the WS-50, but it has plastic studs in it for better ice traction. Check it out at the tire rack web site

I have WS-50's on my 05 EVO (left over from my 03 EVO) but for my wifes 05 WRX wagon I went with the REVO 1's.

Keith
Old Nov 6, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
The Blizzak REVO 1 is the new top of the line from Bridgeston for people living in ice and snow areas. Basicly the same exact tire as the WS-50, but it has plastic studs in it for better ice traction. Check it out at the tire rack web site

I have WS-50's on my 05 EVO (left over from my 03 EVO) but for my wifes 05 WRX wagon I went with the REVO 1's.

Keith
Thanks for the suggestion Keith, but I'll stick with these for now.

You know what was funny, is I was driving with the ACD set to Tarmac and I hit the breaks and started to slip a little...then my friend was like try switching it to SNOW...haha...man I would have eventually figured it out myself

Like I said only about 500+miles, I'll get it down!
Old Nov 24, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

post pics!!!! enjoy all the snow the last couple of days??
Old Nov 24, 2005, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the suggestion Keith, but I'll stick with these for now.

You know what was funny, is I was driving with the ACD set to Tarmac and I hit the breaks and started to slip a little...then my friend was like try switching it to SNOW...haha...man I would have eventually figured it out myself

Like I said only about 500+miles, I'll get it down!
I am confused as to how changing the ACD helped your braking.

Quick Reply: EVO IX in the SNOW!