Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO's Arrive in NOVA!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2003, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO's Arrive in NOVA!!!!

Hey for all you in the dc/ md/ va area, The 1st allocation of Evos is arriving at stohlman's at around 3PM, today, monday the 17th, st patty's day. I think they have 5, all spoken for, but you can at least maybe take a look.. I expect to be there this evening around 6 or so to try to pick up my silver one, (though they cant garauntee me i can take it home w/ me.. at least im gonna go take a looksie. go check it out.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Go thwack...hope you manage to get your car by tomorrow at least...about time they got to the East coast. Man coming back home is gonna be worthwile...i'm gonna be trying to spot evo's all over the place now
Old Mar 17, 2003, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

I won't be getting mine that shipment but I will be swinging by there tomorrow to get a peak.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

rawk on! they are in NoVA! I hope my dealership gets there cars today also!

SC~ who is encouraged!
Old Mar 17, 2003, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is not in this shipment either, but I will probably go by tomorrow as well and finally see a production version in person!

Pablo.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Well, Stohlmans is on my ride home..... So if anyone sees a tall d00d with a shaved head, say hi.

SC~
Old Mar 17, 2003, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

NoOooOoOo!!!

I have a busy week down here in Charlottesville, won't have the time to drive home (not to mention A CAR to drive home in). If there's a blue, make sure to take lots of pictures of it! If people haven't all picked up their vehicles by Friday, I'll try to find a ride home this weekend to take a look.

Oh yeah, for you guys buying from Stohlman, can you ask to see if they're willing or have the resources to be able to perform a 2 DIN conversion on the dash? That's be most excellent if they could. You guys have fun for me!
Old Mar 17, 2003, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah, see if you can't get a build date for these vehicles too!
Old Mar 17, 2003, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I gotta pass by again tomorrow, to get wheel locks, and finish paying them, but I have the car, and let me summarize it simply by saying it is all I can do to not go out and hump it right now... My GF was there and took pictures of the whole buying process, from the watching the video, to the questionaire, to the car. I didnt see a blue one, They only had time to prep 2 of them, mine (silver) and a red one. They had 3 more, 2 of them yellow, and 1 black, but I didnt see them. The car is amazing, and the Dealer was great, treated me like a king. I highly reccomend stohlmans to anybody in the area. They went to bat for me, got a great rate on a loan, and threw in gap insurance. The morning commutes just got a whole lot better.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Thwack
Well, I gotta pass by again tomorrow, to get wheel locks, and finish paying them, but I have the car, and let me summarize it simply by saying it is all I can do to not go out and hump it right now... My GF was there and took pictures of the whole buying process, from the watching the video, to the questionaire, to the car. I didnt see a blue one, They only had time to prep 2 of them, mine (silver) and a red one. They had 3 more, 2 of them yellow, and 1 black, but I didnt see them. The car is amazing, and the Dealer was great, treated me like a king. I highly reccomend stohlmans to anybody in the area. They went to bat for me, got a great rate on a loan, and threw in gap insurance. The morning commutes just got a whole lot better.
That's one of the reasons I went to Stohlman. A friend of mine brought his Montero Sport from them and he had nothing but good things to say about them.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 08:22 AM

Cool

I was at the Solhmans dealership yesterday...I checked out the silver car at the gas station next to the dealership...the gentlemen who were filling it up....gave me a quick courteous tour of the car....I got to say this...I have seen so many pics of this car online....but seeing it in person is something else....let alone hearing the engine...Those brakes just stand out big time...
Old Mar 18, 2003, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

were you the guy in the wrx (maybe he thought the mp3 was a wrx) who asked to get in?? they told me about you... thats my car you saw.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

No Evos at Sheehy in manassas yet.

SC~ who didn't get to go look at evos yesterday
Old Mar 18, 2003, 10:18 AM

Cool

Yeh I think Ariel is the guys name....I pulled up next to him and he says..."You wanna race?" I just laughed...and said I don't street race....My MP3 shares the same color as the WRX so I guess he mistook it for... . So he gave me a tour of the inside which I had not seen as of yet...seats were very nice...snug and cumfy(really hold you in place for those G's)...rther then rigid and snug as most Recaros I have sat in. There was something about the car....while I was comparing it to my MP3...that I noticed...it is a little taller(I got L/springs)....has much more backseat space and the steering wheel is almost the same size as my Nardi Torino. I like the engine startup....sounds way cool and the light rumble....even for a stock I4 exhaust is quite impressive. Enjoy it man....that is one heck of a car once you get use to its manners
Old Mar 18, 2003, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope to pick mine up today (yellow). Would have tried to do it yesterday, but my wife was in the hospital having our second child. I've been saying all along that they would show up on the same day. I didn't necessarily believe it, but I was saying it!

Colin Jacob Todd
9lbs 2oz
22"

JW

Quick Reply: EVO's Arrive in NOVA!!!!